Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media have cut my phone off

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin Media have cut my phone off

Old 21-02-2021, 14:33   #1
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice
Virgin Media have cut my phone off

So, my mobile is part of my home broadband account. Due to the price rises I submitted a cancellation, hoping they would phone me with a better offer.

They did, but only if I would tie in for another 18m, which I don't want to do because Cityfibre are on the way and I want to get as far from [Mod Comment - derogatory term removed] Media as possible as soon as possible.

So, 11 days ago I cancelled the cancellation, staying on the same terms. My home broadband is therefore still working.

Of course, [Mod Comment - derogatory term removed] are inept, and depts cannot possibly coordinate anything, and my mobile is cut off.

Thanks for that.

Having spoken to the mobile people, they say they cannot do anything about it, as I need to talk to the "Oomph team" who are not open until monday. From my perspective, this is internal VM problems that should not be my problem, as a customer, how they organise themselves internally is nothing to do with me.

I honestly cannot wait to leave this awful company.

Last edited by Hugh; 21-02-2021 at 15:27.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-02-2021, 15:21   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Media have cut my phone off

Mod Comment - whilst I understand you are upset, it is against site T&Cs to use derogatory names for VM or their services/equipment

Title changed

From CF Acceptable Use Policy

Quote:
Please use the correct names of products, company and trade names. This especially applies to Virgin Media, their equipment and services.

The use of variants and derivatives of names will be frowned upon, even if it is an attempt at humorous dissatisfaction with an item. This is not intended to be restrictive. Misnamed products would not show up in the search criteria of users who seek assistance but are unfamiliar with the slang terms.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 21-02-2021 at 15:26.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 15:44   #3
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Thanks for you help.

If only Virgin could sort my issues out in such a time frame, I've now been on hold over an hour.
Old 21-02-2021, 16:01   #4
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

pretty sucky they did not give you a chance to take your number to a new provider. Where are you planning to go ?
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 16:13   #5
rtho782
cf.addict

I mean, I'm not going anywhere, I'm staying with VM (for now), hence I stopped the cancellation.

But for some reason they cancelled my mobile anyway and won't even give me a PAC. I think I may have lost my number (that I have had for 20+ years).
Old 21-02-2021, 19:13   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

So, you cancelled to try and force them into giving you a deal, they didnt, and now you are attacking them for doing the cancellation. Ok.

If you hadnt tried to force their had in the first place you would not be in this situation.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 19:40   #7
rtho782
cf.addict

No, I didn't force anyone to do anything, I gave 30 days notice to cancel, and then 15 days in rescinded the notice, to stay as a customer, which they obviously actioned as my broadband is working, but they still cancelled my mobile, which is what I am "attacking" them for.

I guess it's my bad for assuming a basic level of competence, when stopping the cancellation you'd think they would stop all of it, not just some of it.

Instead, they have cut off a service I am still paying for for no reason, and upon being notified of this obvious error refuse to reinstate it without talking to other (closed) departments next week. I'm really not sure how you think that's a defensible position on their part? I'm pretty sure if I take a complaint to ADR, I'll win that one.

Last edited by rtho782; 21-02-2021 at 19:44.
Old 21-02-2021, 20:00   #8
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
So, you cancelled to try and force them into giving you a deal, they didnt, and now you are attacking them for doing the cancellation. Ok.

If you hadnt tried to force their had in the first place you would not be in this situation.
Loads of people use the cancel card to get better deals. No one wants to pay more than they have to surely?

The only reason I stay with Virgin for Broadband is for me it is stable and better the devil I know but the minute they try to charge me what I consider an absurd basic rate then I will take on an open reach service

Incidentally they did give him a deal he just did not want to be tied to the 18 months re contract
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 20:26   #9
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Loads of people use the cancel card to get better deals.
Im well aware of that, but you also have to be prepared to accept the consequences if it doesnt work.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 20:40   #10
rtho782
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Im well aware of that, but you also have to be prepared to accept the consequences if it doesnt work.
Right, the consequences should be that you either go elsewhere, or stop your cancellation, like I did.

Not, you stop your cancellation, so they carry on billing, but cancel some of your services that you are paying for still anyway. How is that acceptable/predictable consequences?
Old 22-02-2021, 16:05   #11
rtho782
cf.addict

No luck today, the mobile team tell me to contact the media team, the media team tell me to contact the mobile team.

People have mentioned an "oomph team" but nobody seems to be able to put me through to them. One guy in retentions said he had fixed it this morning, and the phone would be live in an hour. That was 5 hours ago.

Others have variously told me there is nothing they can do, to "you need to wait 14 days for activation" which is obviously crazy
Old 22-02-2021, 16:42   #12
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Have you tried the VM Community Forum? - they sorted out my upgrade issue.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...-p/OtherMobile
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 16:51   #13
rtho782
cf.addict

I've just spent another hour on the phone to retentions who tell me they have lost my phone number. They can send me a new sim, but it will be a new number.

I'm waiting for a manager to call me back and will be requesting a letter of deadlock to go to ADR.

I am terminating my VM services and going elsewhere.
Old 22-02-2021, 20:00   #14
rtho782
cf.addict

https://soundcloud.com/rich-thompson...ve-lost-number

Shortly I'll catch the bit from an earlier call where they tell me that it's my fault....

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

I can't do a poll in a reply, but do you think I got a call back from the manager in 2 hours?
  • No way
  • Of Course Not
Old 23-02-2021, 06:33   #15
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
https://soundcloud.com/rich-thompson...ve-lost-number

Shortly I'll catch the bit from an earlier call where they tell me that it's my fault....

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

I can't do a poll in a reply, but do you think I got a call back from the manager in 2 hours?
  • No way
  • Of Course Not
There's a load of complaints about VM (usually that offshore call centre) getting rid of complaints by falsely stating that they tried unsuccessfully to call the customer or lying by saying that they actually spoke to the customer and that there was 'Education given'!

They are so incompetent that people are now complaining about how their orignal complaint was handled and still remains unresolved.

To answer your question, no I don't believe you will have received a callback. It seems to be standard practice to say this just to get rid of you. When you call to ask why (if you can actually get through) you are simply promised another callback and end up going round and round in circles. I know this from personal experience from when I had a problem with them.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote