Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 08:58   #1411
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

It was in their old legacy EPG - their new EPG with Now TV never had it in from launch.

Any customer who has performed any package change or joined BT after they linked up with Now TV will have the new EPG.

CNN still lists in the VM EPG - but listing in the EPG doesn't mean it is active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yeah, i'd have to get my dish & cabling sorted out, so i'm going to see if it encrypts in the next month or so before I go to the expense of doing this.

Curiously, it was supposed to have left BT yesterday, but I've seen reports that it's still on their EPG!
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2021, 21:29   #1412
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
It has been dropped totally in Ireland from all providers apparently.
isn't it still on Virgin Media cable in Ireland?
Old 02-09-2021, 22:52   #1413
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr View Post
It's still listed under Full House TV here:
https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-...-channel-list/
Old 02-09-2021, 22:56   #1414
TheWatcher
cf.member

Services: M125 BB, Anytime Chatter, V6 (Maxit TV)
TheWatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It's still listed under Full House TV here:
https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-...-channel-list/
That may just be a delay in updating the information.
Old 03-09-2021, 00:09   #1415
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr View Post
I read a post on another forum that said it had been completely removed from everywhere In Ireland.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:40   #1416
Chris James
cf.member

Chris James is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a Samsung Smart TV, CNN in HD is available on Ch 4008. Other hidden gems on numerous channels beginning 4---, Talk Radio TV (HD) on 4015.
Old 03-09-2021, 14:58   #1417
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

After an update of the Virgin Media Go app the following message popped up.

"Great news! Now ALL customers are able to download On Demand programmes to watch offline - making watching your favourite shows even easier."

I've not seen this mentioned anywhere so I thought I'd post it. It may not be super new as the app is manually updated on the device I saw it.

There also is a Catch-up tab I've not seen before alongside Now On TV and Guide in the Live TV area. Though I notice it disappeared once signed in, presumably only available for those on TV360 service.
Old 03-09-2021, 17:16   #1418
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

A customer on the VM community forum has posted an email received from VM which I assume has targetted all MIXIT/basic package customers:

Between 2nd September and 1st October we’re opening up UKTV channels to you at no extra cost.

For the whole month, you can enjoy Alibi (126 or 212), GOLD (124), W (125 or 211), Eden (245 or 247), and Dave HD (227) on us. That means hours of top drama, dazzling nature shows, gripping reality shows and both classic and cutting-edge comedy, all on top of your usual package.

You can watch UKTV shows live, or head over to Catch Up and Box Sets areas on your TV box to jump right in. Have a look at what’s in store for you.
Old 03-09-2021, 18:32   #1419
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I’ve just checked on the 360 and the CNN app remains on there and is active. There is no live feed, only recent news that has already been broadcast.
Old 03-09-2021, 20:48   #1420
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
A customer on the VM community forum has posted an email received from VM which I assume has targetted all MIXIT/basic package customers:

Between 2nd September and 1st October we’re opening up UKTV channels to you at no extra cost.

For the whole month, you can enjoy Alibi (126 or 212), GOLD (124), W (125 or 211), Eden (245 or 247), and Dave HD (227) on us. That means hours of top drama, dazzling nature shows, gripping reality shows and both classic and cutting-edge comedy, all on top of your usual package.

You can watch UKTV shows live, or head over to Catch Up and Box Sets areas on your TV box to jump right in. Have a look at what’s in store for you.
Virgin Media signs new deal with UKTV - last deal was signed in August 2018? https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...to-return.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 03-09-2021, 20:54   #1421
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Virgin Media signs new deal with UKTV - last deal was signed in August 2018? https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...to-return.html
It sounds like a limited time offer to me, not a new deal, MB.
Old 03-09-2021, 21:32   #1422
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Base on info on MB Blog UKTV deals with Virgin Media last 2 to 3 years.

-August 11th '18: UKTV signed new deal with Virgin Media to broadcast and also launch GOLD HD and move some UKTV Channels in that December.

-July 22nd '18: Virgin Media drop UKTV Channels at midnight due to having no deal.

-Jun. 20th '16: Virgin Media and UKTV as part of new deal add more UKTV on Demand.

-Jun. 24th '13: Virgin Media and UKTV signed new deal to launch Drama and move some UKTV Channels numbers in that mid August.

-Oct. 7th. '11: Virgin Media and UKTV signed new deal to start broadcasting UKTV HD Channels in Oct. 2011 and June 2012.

-Jan. 2010: Virgin Media and UKTV signed new deal to start broadcasting Eden +1 and YeSTERDAY +1 again.

-Oct 7th '08: UKTV ask Virgin Media to drop Eden +1 and YeSTERDAY +1 to launch W and W +1.

-Sep. 18th '07: Virgin Media and UKTV signed new deal to launch 3 Channels in all Virgin Media areas.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:03   #1423
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
UKTV channels have at least 1 "free" period to base tiers every 12 months on VM, though it's usually nearer the Christmas period to my recollection.
Old 04-09-2021, 20:24   #1424
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
UKTV channels have at least 1 "free" period to base tiers every 12 months on VM, though it's usually nearer the Christmas period to my recollection.
UKTV "Free period" can very: It was

2020: n/a (I think Virgin did offer them for free in "March Lockdown UK")
2019: n/a
2018: December (UKTV HD Channels only).
2017: n/a
2016: n/a
2015: December.
2014: December.
2013: December.
2012: December.
2011: December.
2010: November.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:34   #1425
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Also you will only have until the end of September to watch any FOX shows on your boxes until the channels are completely removed.
That's what I thought, although recordings seem to have already been disabled, short of the usual 3 month period.
Closed Thread