Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

"free" channel 999

Old 18-12-2021, 17:31   #1
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
"free" channel 999

Strap line says free from 18th Dec. On V6 etc . No it's not ,at least on mine but haven't noticed l would like to see ,as yet !
Old 18-12-2021, 18:22   #2
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Re: "free" channel 999

Try a reboot
Old 18-12-2021, 20:31   #3
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

It's been on my V6 since it was first aired.

The December line-up is very poor unless you like ballet and opera

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...tra-hd-channel
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2021, 20:56   #4
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
It's been on my V6 since it was first aired.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...tra-hd-channel
It's on offer to all V6/360 customers regardless of TV pack.
Old 19-12-2021, 12:33   #5
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Try a reboot
Honesty , I really don't care that much . It's just typical of the way that virgin works , half fix's sort it out yourself etc. Customer service is poor but that is more and more the case across the board. and the grass is not usually greener on the other side.
Old 19-12-2021, 15:49   #6
Casbah-Joe
cf.member

Services: V6 Box & Hub 3, TV:Mix , BB: Vivid 200 , Phone:Talk More Anytime
Casbah-Joe will become famous soon enoughCasbah-Joe will become famous soon enoughCasbah-Joe will become famous soon enough

I’ve tried rebooting and channel 999 is still locked out on my V6 box ……��

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Just called VM customer service and after 18 minutes told several other people had complained about this. It’s been passed to another dept to look into and the original emails may of had the wrong start date on them ! What a load of old rhubarb ��
Casbah-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2021, 17:19   #7
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf
Not very good for a FREE period to attract people but no surprise I guess seeing how everything now is rubbish!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2021, 18:15   #8
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casbah-Joe View Post
I’ve tried rebooting and channel 999 is still locked out on my V6 box ……��

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Just called VM customer service and after 18 minutes told several other people had complained about this. It’s been passed to another dept to look into and the original emails may of had the wrong start date on them ! What a load of old rhubarb ��
Firstly , it was not a e mail it's the strap line ? across the top of my programmes etc so guess as seems to be more and more the norm , customer services have no idea what's happening
Old 20-12-2021, 00:33   #9
Casbah-Joe
cf.member

Services: V6 Box & Hub 3, TV:Mix , BB: Vivid 200 , Phone:Talk More Anytime
Casbah-Joe will become famous soon enoughCasbah-Joe will become famous soon enoughCasbah-Joe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Firstly , it was not a e mail it's the strap line ? across the top of my programmes etc so guess as seems to be more and more the norm , customer services have no idea what's happening
Well the actual email I received yesterday had the subject heading of “Our Christmas gift to you” and the start and end date was within the email itself.
Casbah-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 08:03   #10
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

A bit late but it should be working now.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 12:19   #11
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Glad it's now working, 2 days late, but that's classic VM!

Some good films in UHD over Christmas:

The Danish Girl, Christmas Eve, 9.30pm
Steve Jobs, Christmas Day, 9.30pm
The Adjustment Bureau, Boxing Day, 9.30pm
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 23:15   #12
Dingbat
cf.member

Dingbat has disabled reputation

For some reason, every time I’ve tried watching anything on this channel, the sound very quickly goes out of synch. Not by a second or two, by minutes!
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 23:31   #13
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

I tend to not watch it as the on screen logo is ridiculously large and unnecessary
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2021, 18:04   #14
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I tend to not watch it as the on screen logo is ridiculously large and unnecessary
Haven't looked that much but nothing catch's my eye. Not that I will have much say over the holidays