Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V+ - How to Format the Hard Drive.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V+ - How to Format the Hard Drive.

Old 13-02-2007, 19:49   #1
Rhyming Obituary
Inactive

Services: 1 X PVR 1 X Samsung 2110c Cable Modem Telco Line
Rhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really niceRhyming Obituary is just really nice
Exclamation V+ - How to Format the Hard Drive.

Hi Guys and Gals,

I've noticed alot of questions floating around on how to format the hard drive on your V+ boxes.

I'd like to point out that formatting the hard drive on your V+ box will delete
all recordings previously recorded and any planned recordings will also be removed from the Hard Drive.
If you don't want to lose any of the above you can:
  • Copy to VCR or Recordable DVD any programmes they wish to keep
  • Make a note of future recordings so these can be added again after re-format has taken place
To reformat the hard drive you will have to use your remote control. This key sequence needs to be a fairly rapid succession of key presses taking less than 10 seconds.

If STOP or QUIT appears you will need to start the process again
  1. Press the HOME Button
  2. Press down the Play button for 5 seconds (E-00 Will appear on the display)
  3. Press the TV Drive Button. (E-01 Will appear on the display)
  4. Press the CH - button 4 times. (As you do this hdd1, hdd2, hdd3 and then hdd4 will appear on the display)
Reformatting will then begin and rFt will appear on the display.

The process can take between 5-8 minutes depending on how full the hard drive is, and once complete the V+ drive will reboot.
Rhyming Obituary is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-02-2007, 19:56   #2
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age
Re: V+ - How to Format the Hard Drive.

I've attached a guide on how to reformat it.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 22:45   #3
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

This would be great as a pinned topic
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 22:46   #4
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

I think it's already in the articles section.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2007, 19:10   #5
lolism
Inactive

lolism is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

First post here - might sound a little silly but is the tv 'DRIVE' button just the 'TV' button? or is there something i'm missing. Everytime I hit TV it just says quit

Appreciate any help.

Edit: Seems its the V+ button nvm works now. thanks.
lolism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2007, 16:49   #6
Jonessie
Inactive

Jonessie will become famous soon enoughJonessie will become famous soon enoughJonessie will become famous soon enough

What can I say... Awesome, thanks for the PDF version. I have always wondered how you actually do this because I hate calling faults and speaking to them because they are a little thick to be honest. Not like the FMC I remember from the old days of NTL back in 2000.

Formatted and now I can get on with setting my recordings before I go away for Xmas.

Have a nice Xmas to you all.
Jonessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 17:07   #7
VirtualMusician
Inactive

VirtualMusician is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Nothing happens when I hold down PLAY. notihng comes on the screen. Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks
VirtualMusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 17:42   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Anyone have any ideas ?
1) You're trying to use the front panel play button instead of the remote
2) Batteries in remote need replacing
3) V+ is too broken to be able to reformat
4) You're looking at the TV screen instead of the front panel display

Can I ask why you are trying to reformat, anyway? I suspect a lot of people reformat unnecessarily.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 18:38   #9
CanastaHotel
Inactive

CanastaHotel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolism View Post
Hi!
First post here - might sound a little silly but is the tv 'DRIVE' button just the 'TV' button? or is there something i'm missing. Everytime I hit TV it just says quit
Appreciate any help.
Edit: Seems its the V+ button nvm works now. thanks.
Thanks for the edit
This had me confused also

I can confirm that the above instructions need to be changed to ask the viewer to press the V+ button and not TVDRIVE
CanastaHotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 15:22   #10
ttaammiiss
Inactive

ttaammiiss is an unknown quantity at this point

home
play - 5 seconds
v+
channel - 4 times or more think i pressed bout 8 times till it went through the hd1 hd2 hd3 and hd4 ,
ttaammiiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 22:07   #11
qwakuk
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph, 3 V6 boxes, M600 BB
qwakuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Do the same buttons / instructions apply to the Samsung V+ boxes ?
qwakuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 22:27   #12
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwakuk View Post
Do the same buttons / instructions apply to the Samsung V+ boxes ?
Yes.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:55   #13
badhairday
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
badhairday has a spectacular aura about thembadhairday has a spectacular aura about thembadhairday has a spectacular aura about thembadhairday has a spectacular aura about them

Rhyming obituary thank you,I've had Medium and antiques friggin roadshow stuck on my box since last Christmas. Now all gone and a nice clean disc too. Thanks

BTW guys when reformatting using RO's method, yes replace tvdrive with V+ but also do the sequence quite fast .
badhairday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2021, 14:49   #14
RolfyDave
cf.member

RolfyDave is an unknown quantity at this point

Will this work on the Virgin Media V6 box ?

Here's hoping.

Many thanks, DaveW
RolfyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2021, 15:30   #15
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolfyDave View Post
Will this work on the Virgin Media V6 box?
No, if you want to totally wipe a V6, go to Home - Help & Settings - Clear or Reset TiVo box - Clear & Delete Everything. Enter your PIN, then press Thumb Down 3 times, then press LastCh.

ps. Welcome to the forum!