Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What game are you playing

Old 16-03-2009, 00:46   #916
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future
Re: what game are you playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
People like you disgust me!!!

Jealousy
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2009, 01:01   #917
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Rock Band - Loving it, though the drums and guitar need more practice lol
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 01:05   #918
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callumpy View Post

Jealousy
Erm of what

I am twice your age and been playing games since I was about 4 back on the Toshiba MSX but you probably don't know what that was.

I can play games and am good at them, I don't need to play just to get gamerscore. Mine is at 16,520.
Old 16-03-2009, 04:46   #919
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Am totally absorbed in Resi 5 at the moment, a truly superb game that has surprisingly lived up to all the hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan
I am twice your age and been playing games since I was about 4 back on the Toshiba MSX but you probably don't know what that was.
you young whippersnapper's don't know how lucky you are nowadays, my first console back in the day was "steam powered", and we were grateful only to be spanked four times daily.
Ahh those were the days...rickets, high child mortality, war, disease, pestilence and famine...but we were appy.:
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 17:44   #920
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Mine is at 16,520.
16,520 out of over 80,000

Mines 20,855 out of 43,000
Old 16-03-2009, 18:08   #921
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
Am totally absorbed in Resi 5 at the moment, a truly superb game that has surprisingly lived up to all the hype.
Agreed m8, I was hooked on it. After all the crap I seen getting thrown at it for its no run and fire I think it's my fav game this year. Always been a big resident evil fan and I think this one is brilliant to. Explains alot about the story of the whole RE series which I liked to. I'll say it again brilliant game

Just got my BF:Heroes beta key so will probably give that a try now.

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Quote:

Lol Callumpy no offence intended here but I just dont get the point of all this "I've got more gamescore/trophies than you" I always have and always will play games for the fun of it and because I enjoy either the story or the online.

I never play looking to get gamescore. I just unlock what comes naturally as I go along. Tbh at the end of the days whats all them extra wasted hours trying to get massive gamescore going to get you ? Half the time its just making you do borning things that you wouldn't normally be arsed with.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 18:13   #922
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Lol Callumpy no offence intended here but I just dont get the point of all this "I've got more gamescore/trophies than you" I always have and always will play games for the fun of it and because I enjoy either the story or the online.

I never play looking to get gamescore. I just unlock what comes naturally as I go along. Tbh at the end of the days whats all them extra wasted hours trying to get massive gamescore going to get you ? Half the time its just making you do borning things that you wouldn't normally be arsed with.
Yes, sometimes i do annoying things to get some achievements, but sometimes it does actually make you play more into the game, at the moment ive been trying to get 1000 from Rainbow Six 2 and there is an achievement for 1000 kills, if that wasnt there i probably wouldnt play it as much.

And then there are some that i just cant be arsed to do like Seriously 2.0 on Gears of War 2. Kill 100,000 enemies, thats the only Gears 2 achievement i have left to get but im not going to sit there playing the brumak mission over and over like some people do.
Old 17-03-2009, 10:15   #923
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:

That kind of proves my point. I play games as I enjoy them, not to collect every achievement. You are clearly playing certain games that have easy gamerscore and ones that let you cheat to get them, i.e. leaving the game to play by itself.

Yes it does make games more fun by having more reasons to play them, but I will not sit and try to claim every achievement.

Playing WWE Smackdown 2009(PS3) and Guitar Hero World Tour (360)
Old 17-03-2009, 12:05   #924
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Still playing Rock Band, I ordered 4200 MS Points from Play.com so I can download more songs to have a bash at
Old 17-03-2009, 15:27   #925
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/ar...lay&gameid=117

somebody help me!!!! I am so rubbish at this game. PM me tips please!
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 16:38   #926
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Quote:
That kind of proves my point. I play games as I enjoy them, not to collect every achievement. You are clearly playing certain games that have easy gamerscore and ones that let you cheat to get them, i.e. leaving the game to play by itself.

Yes it does make games more fun by having more reasons to play them, but I will not sit and try to claim every achievement.

Playing WWE Smackdown 2009(PS3) and Guitar Hero World Tour (360)
Thats fair enough, but i do try to claim every achievement.

Playing: Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Old 18-03-2009, 16:54   #927
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Just downloaded Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger, got 93% on the drums, but that was on easy
Old 18-03-2009, 17:42   #928
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauzjp View Post
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/ar...lay&gameid=117

somebody help me!!!! I am so rubbish at this game. PM me tips please!
I remember being addicted to that game a while back. As its curveball that what you have to try and do really (Well I did anyway) as the ball comes back to you and is about to hit your racket thing then move the racket thing lol to the left or right or any direction fast so the ball gets a curve on it as it hits your racket thing. This makes it spin in all crazy directions making it much harder for the CPU player to judge (but not really as its a program lol) Plus you get more points for curving the ball I think.

I do hope that makes sense. It did in my head Honest !
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 19:30   #929
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

thanks for the tips icestar2, I will keep trying!
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 20:54   #930
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Playing BioShock