Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you reading?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What are you reading?

Old 08-09-2008, 14:34   #496
kangaroosterrier
Inactive

kangaroosterrier will become famous soon enoughkangaroosterrier will become famous soon enoughkangaroosterrier will become famous soon enough
Re: What are you reading?

All Stories Are True by John Edgar Wideman

Brilliant stories written by one of the finest writers. I feel his short stories are better than his novels however as he plays more with language and the action is more immediate.
kangaroosterrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2008, 16:02   #497
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

The Physics of NASCAR: How to Make Steel + Gas + Rubber = Speed

by

Diandra Leslie-Pelecky

Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 16:57   #498
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just re-reading a pile of Neil Asher books.
Prador Moon
Gridlinked
The Line of Polity
Hilldiggers
The Skinner
The Voyage of the Sable Keech

And just ordered from Amazon (using the CF click-thru) his other books
The Brass Man
The Line War
(and 10 other books by Charlie Stross, John Scalzi, and others).

I like my reading, me.......
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 17:20   #499
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Perverting the course of Justice. Essential reading if you wander why calls about prowlers get ignored and the 'victims' of crime end up getting the jail.

Plus the publisher also has a go at one of my more despised MP's for good measure.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 17:34   #500
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
The Skinner
I've got that 1, quite a good read, I think I must have read it 3 or 4 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
Plus the publisher also has a go at one of my more despised MP's for good measure.
LMAO. Have the Powers That Be "banned" it, like they did with Wasting Police Time?
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 21:36   #501
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just got my Amazon delivery today - woohoo! (don't forget to click through from CF when ordering ).

Wild Swans - Jung Chang
Enduring Love - Ian McEwan
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
Mao: The Unknown Story - Jung Chang
Friends Like These - Danny Wallace
That's Me In The Corner - Andrew Collins
Cider With Roadies - Stuart Maconie (loved Pies and Prejudice)
Brass Man - Neil Asher
The Line War - Neil Asher
Stealing Light - Gary Gibson
The Family Trade - Charles Stross
Nation - Terry Pratchett
Crystal Rain - Tobias Buckell
Variable Star - Robert Heinlein / Spider Robinson
The Last Colony - John Scalzi
Orphan's Destiny - Robert Buettner

I'm going outside, and I may be gone for some time.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 21:50   #502
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

oldie but goldie "against a dark background" Iain M Banks and
"Cathedral of the sea" Ildefonso Falcones
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 22:34   #503
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I've recently finished reading:

The Atrocity Archives (Charles Stross)

The Jennifer Morgue (Charles Stross)

Both excellent

I hope Charles Stross hurries up & releases another "Laundry" novel soon!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 22:39   #504
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The last two weeks read

Red Dwarf: Infinity welcomes careful drivers

Red Dwarf: Better Than Life

Today started

Red Dwarf: Backwards

Nex will read

Red Dwarf: Last Human
Old 22-09-2008, 22:41   #505
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I am working my way through the journey into space series again
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 23:35   #506
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Found some old Jeffery Farnol books.Not read them since I was a very young teenager..I did try to buy some more BUT they are out of print and aren't cheap to buy in any kind of good condition so unless I stumble across some more in an old book store or a jumble sale I guess that's it...

Shame they are rather charming..
Old 23-09-2008, 00:22   #507
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

I've just started re-reading the entire eighteen book collection of American crime writer Micheal Connolly, his fictitious LAPD detective Hieronymus Boshe aka Harry, is a modern day version of those fifties detectives like Sam Spade, a truly brilliant collection for any crime fans.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 15:29   #508
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

After finally getting hold of 2010 and 2061 (stil looking for 3001) in audiobook format I am now starting on 2010
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 15:58   #509
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Frankie Dettori - Autobiography
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 17:43   #510
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

Just finished:
Best and Edwards - Gordon Burn
The Damned Utd - David Peace
Our Longest Days: A People's History of the Second World War - Sandra Koa Wing
Nation - Terry Pratchett

Now Reading:
The Folklore of Discworld - Terry Pratchett

Next:
The Bromeliad - Terry Pratchett
Entirely Up to You, Darling - Richard Attenborough
America Over the Water - Shirley Collins