Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | £3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

£3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me

Old 01-04-2021, 11:08   #61
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: £3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You did right. I had many problems with this dreadful company at the end of last year; legal action is the only language that they appear to understand.

IMO their MO is to be as awkward, time consuming and difficult as possible with their paying customers. Their lack of business sense & arrogance is jaw dropping and even Ofcom have told them to 'up their game'.

In their current state I don't believe that they are fit to hold a licence to operate, but if they lost it it would risk a lot of jobs. The best we can hope for is for it to be sold.

Is it not the MO of pretty much every company to avoid paying back or out anything that could be avoided including taxes refunds and so on? Greed is the ugly side of capitalism
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2021, 11:46   #62
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Is it not the MO of pretty much every company to avoid paying back or out anything that could be avoided including taxes refunds and so on? Greed is the ugly side of capitalism
You've got that right

I reckon the job of most Company/Business owners is to make money hand over fist, whether that's to repay investors, upgrade infrastructure and equipment, or simply just to buy a nice yacht in Monaco.

99% of managers will tell you their job is to make money, not make people happy
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 18:06   #63
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

I'm in by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
You've got that right :t

Pretty pointless running business and lose money.

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
You've got that right :t

Pretty pointless running business and lose money. :er
Personally if it had be me l would have not gone down that route.. l would said that you supply and fit it. I will pay you once and only once it is working. .
Old 02-04-2021, 19:55   #64
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You did right. I had many problems with this dreadful company at the end of last year; legal action is the only language that they appear to understand.

IMO their MO is to be as awkward, time consuming and difficult as possible with their paying customers. Their lack of business sense & arrogance is jaw dropping and even Ofcom have told them to 'up their game'.

In their current state I don't believe that they are fit to hold a licence to operate, but if they lost it it would risk a lot of jobs. The best we can hope for is for it to be sold.
Totally agree. Never in my life have I dealt with a company that just don't care like VM. They know, that over most of their network, they have little or no competition - "Oh, don't like how we operate? Go ahead and cancel your 500mbit connection and live with 30mbit FTTC". Nobody takes ownership of anything, their primary objective is just to get you off the phone, or just put you back in the call queue for another 45m wait in the hope you give up. Or ignore a complaint for 3 months until you have forgotten the details of the complaint.

Quote:
Not every company. Some want to keep their customers, and avoid bad publicity. Some ISPs are even B Companies, or CICs. Zen is a B company. ( https://bcorporation.uk/ ) I think B4RN were originally a CIC?
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 20:01   #65
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post

Not every company. Some want to keep their customers, and avoid bad publicity. Some ISPs are even B Companies, or CICs. Zen is a B company. ( https://bcorporation.uk/ ) I think B4RN were originally a CIC?
I never said every company I said pretty much every company which allows for the few that are not. I would also put it to you the when I said paying back or out or anything that could be avoided including taxes refunds and so on? does not just apply to CS. I would hazard a fair few of the ones you mentioned avoid as much tax as possible and some may even pay minimum wage
Old 29-04-2021, 13:13   #66
bluebaron
cf.member

bluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of light

Update:

CCJ awarded today, (all costs plus court costs). VM have 30 days to make payment or I move to enforcement, which I guess means I call "can't pay we take it away" and they raid the offices! lol
bluebaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2021, 13:21   #67
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebaron View Post
Update:

CCJ awarded today, (all costs plus court costs). VM have 30 days to make payment or I move to enforcement, which I guess means I call "can't pay we take it away" and they raid the offices! lol
excellent result. I hope they just cough up nicely. Once finished I would sell the story to the tabloids to or at least get it public. VM could have so easily made this a lot easier for you
Old 02-05-2021, 00:34   #68
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Update:

Noice! That'll be a 5% fee thank you
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 02:05   #69
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Update:

Excellent news, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ignore the court order and you have to take further action.

---------- Post added at 01:05 ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 ----------

Quote:
excellent result. I hope they just cough up nicely. Once finished I would sell the story to the tabloids to or at least get it public. VM could have so easily made this a lot easier for you
Agreed. Telling the story will help to get the word out about them so that potential customers are forewarned. The Telegraph have been very good about getting the word out.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2021, 13:54   #70
bluebaron
cf.member

bluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of lightbluebaron is a glorious beacon of light

Well as mentioned above they totally ignored the CCJ and my follow up letters so I took it to the high court and sent the Bailiffs round to their offices in reading.

They have recovered the amount from them now so just have to wait a legal 14 days before they can send me the money.
bluebaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2021, 14:14   #71
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Hope it ends up on TV

Just imagine. If you don't pay we'll take it away executes warrant on Virgin Media offices. Would love it

I know it will hardly hurt their pockets but it would have cost them quite a bit more making it harder for you. Shameful really
Old 16-06-2021, 15:23   #72
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Well as mentioned above they totally ignored the CCJ and my follow up letters so I took it to the high court and sent the Bailiffs round to their offices in reading.

They have recovered the amount from them now so just have to wait a legal 14 days before they can send me the money.
I would absolutely love to have seen that. Makes you wonder whether they got cash or goods, and how often it happens. It must have cost them a small fortune in fees on top of your claim. What a bunch of muppets.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2021, 15:47   #73
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Watchdog

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2021, 19:35   #74
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

They should be ashamed of themselves. I imagine they have a code of conduct and ethics as a responsible business and employer and if an investigation or review was done into this incident I wonder what the report would say..........
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2021, 22:45   #75
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Should have sent them to a headend. Lots of juicy kit there for resale at knockdown prices at auction.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote