Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview Multiplex closure

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview Multiplex closure

Old 10-06-2020, 16:02   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Freeview Multiplex closure

Looks like COM7, COM8 or both are closing. The following page from the Freeview website doesn't specify.

Quote:
Important channel broadcast changes
From 22 June 2020 changes are being made to the way some channels are currently broadcast.

Following a decision by Ofcom to make more bandwidth available for mobile data, and after discussions with channels impacted, the transmitter operator Arqiva has chosen to stop transmitting services on some specific airwaves.

Unfortunately, this means some +1 and HD TV services will be closing. Given the nature of these channels, Freeview viewers won’t lose access to any specific content, and can continue watching main channels and access HD content via on demand services such as All4 and My5 via Freeview Play.
Source: https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/22-j...adcast-changes

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

Explains the channel news I put on another Freeview thread. This post specifically.
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...9#post36039249

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

There's more on that Freeview announcement page. Either I didn't scroll enough or it's been added.

ADDED Looks like just one of the Temp Multiplexes is closing.

The following channels will cease broadcasting from Monday 22 June 2020:

Channel name Channel number

Channel 4+1 HD 109
4Seven HD 110
TJC HD 115
5Star+1 55
5USA+1 56
CBS Reality+1 67
CBS Justice+1 69
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2020, 17:28   #2
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freeview Multiplex closure

I saw the on screen information last night on Forces TV when I was watching it and I can confirm it look like COM8 will be axe from June 22nd.

I have worked out the following slots will be like this from June 22nd

Was > From June 22nd
Channel 4+1 HD > QVC HD & QVC Beauty HD
4Seven HD > CBeebies HD & BBC Four HD
TJC HD > Quest HD
5Star+1 > Freespots
5USA+1 > NOW 80s
CBS Reality+1 > Together TV +1
CBS Justice+1 > PBS America +1
N/A > Forces TV (NEW SLOT)

Other web sites are reporting that Shopping Quarter is moving to an new slot on BBC B (The mux with BBC One HD on it)
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote