Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Video Referee !!!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Video Referee !!!!

Old 25-06-2004, 09:44   #1
Mike
cf.mega poster

Mike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful one
Football Video Referee !!!!

I posted a recent post calling for the above under ( football cheats ) to mixed comments.

If such a thing was operational would we have won last night !!!!
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-06-2004, 09:48   #2
Caspar
Inactive

Caspar has reached the bronze age
Caspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze age
Re: Football Video Referee !!!!

Well for sure cause the video clearly shows it was a legal goal.
Caspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2004, 09:51   #3
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

And if your grandma had balls....

I was very sorry that England had a disallowed goal - not because it means they went out, but because the media, and some fans will use this as the reason and not because you were rubbish and spent most of the game camped in your own half.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2004, 09:54   #4
Caspar
Inactive

Caspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze age

eeeerrr YEAH!....of course we'll use it as the reason we went out!!!...cause if the legal goal was no dissallowed then we'd have won at 90 minutes!!!! doh!

..but back on topic, should football have video refs, like cricket does?
Old 25-06-2004, 10:03   #5
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar
eeeerrr YEAH!....of course we'll use it as the reason we went out!!!...cause if the legal goal was no dissallowed then we'd have won at 90 minutes!!!! doh!

..but back on topic, should football have video refs, like cricket does?
Well maybe if you had played better and actually tried to pass the ball instead of hoofing it up field you mightn't have lost.

All this talk of being robbed, yeah maybe if you were the best team and went out to a bad decision then you would have been robbed, but you didn't deserve to win. You'd have thought you'd learn from the French match.

So tell me, if they say OK we'll bring in Video refs, and two years from now, the same scenaro, 1/4 final of the world cup who ever england are playing score a goal the ref disallows it, but it then goes to video ref who allows it, what will you be saying then?
Old 25-06-2004, 10:12   #6
Caspar
Inactive

ok keeping this thread ontopic, then I'll ignore your first pointless commment.

Your second comment is a fair point and a good point, but when a legal goal is dissallowed then it doesn't change the fact that the ref's decision changed to course of the whole tournement.

Should Ref's be totally allowed to make these decision all on their own, my opinion is no whoever is playing and whoever scores.
Old 25-06-2004, 10:13   #7
gary_580

if they had video refs then they would have been able to confirm that there was no push but Terry had his arm on the goalies shoulder. So same outcome in the end.
Old 25-06-2004, 10:18   #8
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar
ok keeping this thread ontopic, then I'll ignore your first pointless commment.

Your second comment is a fair point and a good point, but when a legal goal is dissallowed then it doesn't change the fact that the ref's decision changed to course of the whole tournement.

Should Ref's be totally allowed to make these decision all on their own, my opinion is no whoever is playing and whoever scores.

Pointless? Oh right.

So Casper, one last question, if Portugal had a goal disallowed and England won, would you be posting here now asking for Video refs?
Old 25-06-2004, 10:25   #9
gary_580

Gazzae, i totally agree with you. If they had played with 11 men rather than 7 then it might have been easier. What did those 4 in midfield actually do? Gerrard and Beckham both looked very jaded.

How many times did they tackle, win the ball and then immediately lose it. It happened time after time
Old 25-06-2004, 10:38   #10
Earl of Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_580
if they had video refs then they would have been able to confirm that there was no push but Terry had his arm on the goalies shoulder. So same outcome in the end.
Couldnt agree more.

The camera behind the goal clearly showed Terry with his left arm on the goalie's left shoulder. It is also clear that the goalie trying to jump and contest the ball in the air but was unable to (possibly due to Terry using him as a 'jumping aid', then add in Sol Campbell climbing up Treey's back and you have a recipie for a disallowed goal).

Yes I believe there is a good case for a video ref, and if one had been in use last night, I think the goal would have been disallowed.
Old 25-06-2004, 10:47   #11
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

And who is going to police the fourth official/video ref ? If the video ref was English would his decision have been the same as say a Portugese one. So "have neutral ones", I hear you say. How do you think a French, Turkish, Irish etc referee would have viewed this situation.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2004, 10:49   #12
gary_580

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
And who is going to police the fourth official/video ref ? If the video ref was English would his decision have been the same as say a Portugese one. So "have neutral ones", I hear you say. How do you think a French, Turkish, Irish etc referee would have viewed this situation.
Does it matter? Im english, im sad to see England go out. BUT i know what i saw and it was NOT a goal
Old 25-06-2004, 10:51   #13
Mike
cf.mega poster

Mike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Bronze
Couldnt agree more.

The camera behind the goal clearly showed Terry with his left arm on the goalie's left shoulder. It is also clear that the goalie trying to jump and contest the ball in the air but was unable to (possibly due to Terry using him as a 'jumping aid', then add in Sol Campbell climbing up Treey's back and you have a recipie for a disallowed goal).

Yes I believe there is a good case for a video ref, and if one had been in use last night, I think the goal would have been disallowed.
I agree totally with this...............if it was at the other end we all would be calling for it to be disallowed !

How about this then.......................score draws not to be decided on penlties but total prosession in other teams half. Then the best team would win ????? and it would encourage team to try and play and not just waste time
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2004, 10:52   #14
Earl of Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

So you think England can never get a decision given for them because everyone is out to get England.

Now I cant remember how may yellow cards where given last night, but I think it was 4 or 5. With a pretty even split as to which teams got the cards. But the game last night flowed more than any previous game in the tournament.

Put the persecution complex away mate, it wont do you any favours on there.
Old 25-06-2004, 10:57   #15
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
I agree totally with this...............if it was at the other end we all would be calling for it to be disallowed !

How about this then.......................score draws not to be decided on penlties but total prosession in other teams half. Then the best team would win ????? and it would encourage team to try and play and not just waste time

Interesting, but who would monitor the possession? What if it was 50-50. What about shots on target? Team with the most shots on target wins?
Or just keep playing till someone wins?

That said, I don't see anything really wrong with penalties, the game has to be decided some way.