Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | MERGED - Euro 2004

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

MERGED - Euro 2004
View Poll Results: HOW GUTTED?
Totally 15 40.54%
Lots 2 5.41%
Fairly 7 18.92%
Couldnt give a rats.... 13 35.14%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-06-2004, 00:07   #46
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Re: Euro 2004

Sorry, but can we get back on topic please!

Desaily(sp?) out, will that be a help or not?

There, a serious question!
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-06-2004, 00:09   #47
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf
Oh dear. I was hoping this thread was going to about sensible discussion concerning the day's matches, but I see it's quickly degraded into a home nations slanging match.

To Debs: Yes, I'm watching C4 right now. Great stuff!

ARRHHHHHH PIERS MORGON....NOOOOOO....HE STILL IS THERE! GOD HELP US...GOD HELP US ALL...especially me
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2004, 00:11   #48
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Sorry, but can we get back on topic please!

Desaily(sp?) out, will that be a help or not?

There, a serious question!
Well if he is out because he has become our new defender than its good news

on the other hand we will be to worried about keeping the french away from the goal to worry about the other end
Old 13-06-2004, 00:15   #49
Mal
Inactive

Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
Well if he is out because he has become our new defender than its good news

on the other hand we will be to worried about keeping the french away from the goal to worry about the other end
Pardon?
Old 13-06-2004, 00:47   #50
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

I was impressed by Spain today. They should have scored more, but they played a high pace game and always looked threatening (especially in the first half hour).

For now, Greece and Spain seem most likely to get to the quarters. Before anyone writes off Greece, they topped the qualifying group that also featured Spain. They actually beat them in Spain...
Old 13-06-2004, 00:51   #51
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Pardon?
thats what i mean, too many locks not enough doors, oh yes
Old 13-06-2004, 00:54   #52
Mal
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf
I was impressed by Spain today. They should have scored more, but they played a high pace game and always looked threatening (especially in the first half hour).

For now, Greece and Spain seem most likely to get to the quarters. Before anyone writes off Greece, they topped the qualifying group that also featured Spain. They actually beat them in Spain...
Though, according to Motty, they only scored 8 goals throughout the qualifiers, which means they must have a good defence at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
thats what i mean, too many locks not enough doors, oh yes
Okay
Old 13-06-2004, 01:37   #53
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Exclamation Re: Euro 2004

note to england team

don't go breaking my hart
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2004, 02:52   #54
carlingman
Inactive

carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal

Amazes me how much hatred from Man U fans are shown towards Gooner/Chelsea/Liverpool players throughout the season yet when the likes of Cole/Gerrard/Owen and Co are representing England then all seems to be forgotten.
carlingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2004, 09:15   #55
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Well, I dislike Man U intensely but I'm willing to admit that Paul Scholes is a very talented player (apart from tackling). Ditto Chelsea and Lampard.

I think it'll be tight tonight, I'm not convinced France are going to come out all gun(ners) blazing, but I just think they've got the edge in a couple of key areas (wide midfield and creative play mainly). They aren't unbeatable, I'm not impressed by Barthez, Thuram at centerback, Makelele with his Chelsea form or Trezeguet up front.
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2004, 09:17   #56
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlingman
Amazes me how much hatred from Man U fans are shown towards Gooner/Chelsea/Liverpool players throughout the season yet when the likes of Cole/Gerrard/Owen and Co are representing England then all seems to be forgotten.
I agree - it was amazing how hated Beckham was when he was at United - now he's in Spain, it seems to have been 'forgotten'.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2004, 09:33   #57
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness

England have 4 hopes of winning anything.

Bob Hope
No Hope
Envel hope
and .....

Antel hope.

I'd sooner bet on which flight they will be arriving back at Luton on.

Probably the first one out of portugal I'd say around the 21st June
Old 13-06-2004, 11:49   #58
Avrils_knickers
Permanently Banned

Avrils_knickers can only hope to improve

Enlgand are playing wales soon in october i think,so we will see then.

I think spain did play well in a way they are like england a talented team,but never seem to make it past the quater finals.What is wrong with some english people always slagging there own team off,at least we qualify which is more than a lot of other countries we should eb proud of that.
Avrils_knickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2004, 12:58   #59
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avrils_knickers
Enlgand are playing wales soon in october i think,so we will see then.
We'll see 'what' then?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2004, 13:22   #60
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
We'll see 'what' then?
England vs Wales