Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix and virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Ofcom: Virgin Media O2 most complained about TV service.

Old 21-05-2023, 16:48   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Ofcom: Virgin Media O2 most complained about TV service.

Looks like their service and attitude to complaints made is still abysmal:

https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/ofcom-virg...ut-tv-service/

After the number of years that this has been the case, you'd think that they would have done something about the situation.

I have no experience of O2, are they any good with regards to customer service and do they deal with complaints properly? i' m wondering if their involvement is likely to bring about any improvement (or not as the case may be).
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2023, 17:38   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Ofcom: Virgin Media O2 most complained about TV service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Looks like their service and attitude to complaints made is still abysmal:

https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/ofcom-virg...ut-tv-service/

After the number of years that this has been the case, you'd think that they would have done something about the situation.

I have no experience of O2, are they any good with regards to customer service and do they deal with complaints properly? i' m wondering if their involvement is likely to bring about any improvement (or not as the case may be).
The answer is simple. If you don't like the level of service then leave.
If enough customers do that then they would have to improve their service to continue in business.
Its not rocket science.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2023, 21:41   #3
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

9 per one hundred thousand subscribers.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2023, 01:15   #4
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I have read or heard a radio programme somewhere that some companies no longer aim for complete customer satisfaction as they find it more profitable to lose a percentage of customers than pay the cost of putting things right.

I can't remember which company it was (It wasn't Virgin) that said that they now only aim for 85 percent satisfaction.

I wonder if this is why we all now get customer satisfaction surveys for almostveverything? I completed one and then received a
Another survey about the quality of the survey zi had just complicated lol. There was even a programme about this modern day phenomenon on Radio 4 last Friday evening.

---------- Post added at 01:15 ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
The answer is simple. If you don't like the level of service then leave.
If enough customers do that then they would have to improve their service to continue in business.
Its not rocket science.
Thankfully their near enough monopoly on fibre internet speeds is diminishing with more and more choices for the consumer becoming available. I suspect that those who leave for another broadband provider would dump Virgin TV and landline too.

Unfortunately, instead of forcing Virgin to improve, their answer seems to be to stifle the competition by buying them out. I think It's City Fibre that they are after buying out.
Old 22-05-2023, 08:31   #5
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Looking at the article, I’m glad I switched to Sky last summer, then. 😂😂😂
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2023, 14:31   #6
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

’According to the regulator, most of the complaints linked to Virgin Media O2 was due to the way the company handled complaints.’

I guess if you are a VM customer, the answer is simple - stop complaining!

Everything then will be hunky dory.
Old 24-05-2023, 15:28   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
’According to the regulator, most of the complaints linked to Virgin Media O2 was due to the way the company handled complaints.’

I guess if you’re a swimmer, and get into difficulties, the answer is simple - stop drowning…

Not sure if you’ve fully thought your "solution" through - if a VM Customer is having a problem with VM, and complain that the problem isn’t being resolved, they should just let the problem continue? Doesn’t like a "win-win" for the customer…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2023, 23:57   #8
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I guess if you’re a swimmer, and get into difficulties, the answer is simple - stop drowning…

Not sure if you’ve fully thought your "solution" through - if a VM Customer is having a problem with VM, and complain that the problem isn’t being resolved, they should just let the problem continue? Doesn’t like a "win-win" for the customer…
Are you taking tablets for your humour deficiency, Hugh? I’m starting to worry about you.

I would like to know what Virgin customers were complaining about. Stuff like price rises, probably. I bet most of them were not about level of service.
Old 25-05-2023, 01:14   #9
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Almost every single one that i've seen has been about their abysmal customer servic, with the remainder being about unresolved or ongoing technical issues.

Price risrs tend to be dealt with by negotiation or the customer cancelling (which inevitably turns into a reduction or cancellation confirmation after intervention by retentions).
Old 25-05-2023, 09:08   #10
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Are you taking tablets for your humour deficiency, Hugh? I’m starting to worry about you.

I would like to know what Virgin customers were complaining about. Stuff like price rises, probably. I bet most of them were not about level of service.
The challenge for CF’ers, OB, is that you have never previously displayed a scintilla of humour, and your post was the sort of thing you would normally say…

(I suppose in 2035, you’re going to say about streaming "IT WAS A JOKE!!")
Old 25-05-2023, 11:27   #11
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

Stop complaining, everything will be fixed by 2035...
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2023, 17:29   #12
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
The challenge for CF’ers, OB, is that you have never previously displayed a scintilla of humour, and your post was the sort of thing you would normally say…

I admit I have a strange sense of humour, but have to say I laughed out loud at his post
Old 26-05-2023, 07:32   #13
Kevc69
cf.member

Kevc69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking to a few folks of late who have had interactions with customer services is that they do indeed basically have a "stuff you then" comment line to people who wont take the offers that they are giving. Sounds like a cull is due in that department. A line from a book written by a former FIFA referee some years ago comes to mind. "Think it but never say it"
Kevc69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2023, 19:45   #14
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:

No, the joke is your own responses to posts, which are a combination of deliberate put-downs and kidology. Gaslighting pure and simple.

My point here was that there are serial complainers and that they just have to complain if they don’t get the deal they want. They just keep pestering until they get it, and I guess that VM has just had it with them.

If people don’t like the price of the service they receive, they should go elsewhere.

As I and others on here have said, over many years with Virgin, I have never had cause to complain about the service I have received. The people complaining are the tiresome serial whingers who have it in their heads that whinging can be profitable. Maybe Virgin is attempting to disabuse them of that idea.

I’d have Virgin over Sky any day.
Old 26-05-2023, 22:30   #15
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

So anyone who disagrees with the things you forecast/support is "gaslighting"?

"Gaslighting" is defined as "the subjective experience of having one's reality repeatedly questioned by another" - the only problem is, your definition of "reality" frequently is not aligned with actuality.

For example, streaming media rights/bids & Boris Johnson staying in office - I’m sure there are many more, but it’s Friday night, and I have a large single malt to get outside of…

It’s not gaslighting if "one’s reality" isn’t actually real…