Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Phone call from virgin ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Phone call from virgin ?

Old 23-05-2023, 19:45   #1
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Phone call from virgin ?

0800408 9340 had a call just now from this number , saying it's virgin media with a "great" offer. Then wanted my details . Told her I wasn't going to tell her that, think she said I would be a fool not to provide it. as I will regret it, still said no. called a bloody fool and she hung up. Guess given virgins great staff training it was
Old 23-05-2023, 20:09   #2
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Phone call from virgin ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
0800408 9340 had a call just now from this number , saying it's virgin media with a "great" offer. Then wanted my details . Told her I wasn't going to tell her that, think she said I would be a fool not to provide it. as I will regret it, still said no. called a bloody fool and she hung up. Guess given virgins great staff training it was
I always check any number here

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/08004089340
Attached Images
File Type: jpg call.jpg (135.7 KB, 18 views)

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2023, 20:44   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I always check any number here

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/08004089340
Scammets have even hijacked sites like this with fake reviews to show what they want people to see when they check.

The number itself thats's showing on your phone may well have been spoofed too.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2023, 21:12   #4
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Scammets have even hijacked sites like this with fake reviews to show what they want people to see when they check.

The number itself thats's showing on your phone may well have been spoofed too.
That is why i use a bit of common sense and always put the phone down and then check out who they say they are on the web. I dont buy or upgrade anything via a cold call and will never give out my details. My job is telecoms based and i fully know how they work and sometimes fool around with scam callers .

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/

Last edited by Sirius; 23-05-2023 at 21:15.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2023, 23:48   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
That's definitely a Virgin upselling number as, after checking, it's the number used to lie to me to try and sell me a higher broadband speed and before that a lie to take Sky Cinema. These days it's usually that offshore call centre that use it. Was it a foreign accent? Of so it sounds to be genuine (unless the number was spoofed)

You got off lightly with "Bloofy fool". There have been reports of customers being told to F off!!!

I think one was on here and they reported it to the office of the CEO who said "It shouldn't have happened" after listening to a recording of the call.

They are getting more and more out of control as time goes on.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 23-05-2023 at 23:52. Reason: Spelling FAC HTH
Old 24-05-2023, 09:35   #6
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Always opt out of marketing. Then you can be sure any such calls are a scam.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2023, 13:34   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Good idea.
Old 24-05-2023, 16:34   #8
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

My "Virgin" call this morning was to tell me of issues on the service. I asked to the ticket number as I worked for VM and could check the details. This guy was a bit more suspect so he asked for my name to confirm I worked for VM.
Old 24-05-2023, 17:33   #9
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

I cancelled my Virgin Media services yesterday and have ordered Sky. My two Stream pucks will arrive tomorrow.
i have had three calls already today, all of which I've managed to miss. They're from the number mentioned above. They don't leave a message. I've blocked the number on my mobile but opting out of marketing communications says it takes up to 28 days.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2023, 23:13   #10
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I cancelled my Virgin Media services yesterday and have ordered Sky. My two Stream pucks will arrive tomorrow.
i have had three calls already today, all of which I've managed to miss. They're from the number mentioned above. They don't leave a message. I've blocked the number on my mobile but opting out of marketing communications says it takes up to 28 days.
I might be joining you and moving too, paying a fortune to a company that cannot supply an app to customers on V6 boxes isn't a good look imo.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2023, 20:32   #11
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I might be joining you and moving too, paying a fortune to a company that cannot supply an app to customers on V6 boxes isn't a good look imo.
But they will supply a 360 box that can.

You will still need to surrender your V6 if you are changing to Sky, and in my experience, the Sky Q has a flashy AI but the functionality is not as good as the 360.
Old 27-05-2023, 20:40   #12
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Both V6 and 360 are the same hardware, it's the software that's different, V6 can be "updated" to the Horizon software.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 27-05-2023 at 20:47.
TimeLord2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 18:19   #13
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Both V6 and 360 are the same hardware, it's the software that's different, V6 can be "updated" to the Horizon software.
That is true, of course, but I don’t think Max wants the 360 software.
Old 02-06-2023, 16:16   #14
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

Some scam calls going around
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote