Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pairing a TiVo remote

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Pairing a TiVo remote

Old 22-05-2023, 17:57   #1
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack
Pairing a TiVo remote

Hi I've just got a replacement TiVo remote and I'm having trouble pairing it I've looked on virgin but it's giving me information for a v6 box but I have the older TiVo box I got up to the flashing green light twice but then on virgin it saids

Confirm the paring by holding the plus button on the front of the V6 box down until the remote starts beeping. The remote and V6 box should now be paired.

Which button is that on the TiVo box?

Thank you
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2023, 18:05   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Pairing a TiVo remote

I'm sure someone can sort this for you.

Shouldn't you get your box upgraded though?
Old 22-05-2023, 19:25   #3
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Is this any help? https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-...g/which-tv-box

Or you could download the Virgin TV app for your smart phone.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2023, 19:40   #4
wwe
cf.mega poster

wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Is this any help? https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-...g/which-tv-box

Or you could download the Virgin TV app for your smart phone.
Been on there before but I just realised I think they sent me the wrong controller as the 1 I'm using at the moment is bigger then the one they sent me
Old 22-05-2023, 20:03   #5
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I still have an old tivo remote. I can't remember having to sit on the floor when I paired the tivo box/tv so think you could pair it using the remote itself.

I have found this video which shows my old remote just hope it's the old tivo. The video is from 6 years ago so fingers crossed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Op-xp6k1J8

Just seen your latest post. My old remote is about 8 1/2 inches long and my V6 remote is 7 inches.
Old 22-05-2023, 21:42   #6
wwe
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I still have an old tivo remote. I can't remember having to sit on the floor when I paired the tivo box/tv so think you could pair it using the remote itself.

I have found this video which shows my old remote just hope it's the old tivo. The video is from 6 years ago so fingers crossed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Op-xp6k1J8

Just seen your latest post. My old remote is about 8 1/2 inches long and my V6 remote is 7 inches.
That's the remote on the video this one they sent me doesn't do anything the lights on the controller work when u press a button but nothing happens on the tv for example turning the TiVo on or off or pressing 101
Old 22-05-2023, 22:19   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
That's the remote on the video this one they sent me doesn't do anything the lights on the controller work when u press a button but nothing happens on the tv for example turning the TiVo on or off or pressing 101
Get a modern Virgin box seeing you're paying for it, it's far better.
Old 23-05-2023, 01:09   #8
wwe
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Get a modern Virgin box seeing you're paying for it, it's far better.
Got stuff on my box I don't want to lose. The box it self works fine
Old 23-05-2023, 11:18   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You only need to pair a remote to a V6 so it can use the RF connection. The older TiVo uses IR only.

A V6 remote should be able to control a TiVo box where the V6 hasn't previously been paired to a V6 box, in addition to the older TiVo remotes obviously.