Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Price rises this year.

Old 05-06-2023, 17:51   #586
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: Price rises this year.

Virgin Media are now allowing customers to opt out of their contracts for free according to a YouFibre salesman
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2023, 18:33   #587
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Virgin Media are now allowing customers to opt out of their contracts for free according to a YouFibre salesman
Well the YouFibre salesman must be right. Hes away with his commission by the time VM charge you.... Was he called Richard Turpin ?
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 18:54   #588
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
And there are Fairies at the bottom of our garden😂😂😂
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 15:55   #589
fuzhoudragon
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Volt Bundle
fuzhoudragon is an unknown quantity at this point

Just phoned VM in the last hour as my current contract was up next month. Used the thinking of leaving option and got through right away to a lovely lady called Amber. Slight increase of £3 a month to what I currently pay but am happy with that. £88 plus O2 cost a month for the Ultimate Gig1 package.
fuzhoudragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 20:35   #590
qwakuk
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph, 3 V6 boxes, M600 BB
qwakuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzhoudragon View Post
Just phoned VM in the last hour as my current contract was up next month. Used the thinking of leaving option and got through right away to a lovely lady called Amber. Slight increase of £3 a month to what I currently pay but am happy with that. £88 plus O2 cost a month for the Ultimate Gig1 package.
That is good news, tried last week and was on web chat with India. Currently paying £75 (3 V6 boxes) + what was £25 to 02 for Ultimate Volt, best she could offer was £133 for the VM bit and 02 on top.

Ultimate Volt seems to be £85 quid still so will phone and hopefully get through to Scotland on Friday and get the deal done
qwakuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 22:46   #591
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

My prices are still unchanged, my contract expires in August.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 08:22   #592
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

After a lot of kerfuffle with my original re-negotiation going wrong from back in Jan as seen here: https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...5#post36153395

I've finally got a deal with Retentions for £48 for anytime chatter and 350 BB (If I'd have done nothing in Jan, I'd be paying £100 and with only 250 BB)
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 14:21   #593
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzhoudragon View Post
Thanks for sharing, good news on the deal.

I'm in exactly the same position, £85 + O2 with contract expiring next month.

I've already shaved £20 off my O2 bill by dropping down my data allowance so I'm hoping I'll be quids in when I negotiate VM over the next few days.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 15:20   #594
qwakuk
cf.member

New deal today for 18 months was Ultimate Volt @ £75pm now £79 pm with Netflix included
Rep seemed to think the 02 side was not automatic and I needed to contact them to negotiate a new deal - is that correct ?
Old 09-06-2023, 17:11   #595
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwakuk View Post
New deal today for 18 months was Ultimate Volt @ £75pm now £79 pm with Netflix included
Rep seemed to think the 02 side was not automatic and I needed to contact them to negotiate a new deal - is that correct ?
As far as I know, yes treat them both seperately. I've already renewed O2 (the deal at the time was too good to turn down) and due to ring VM to negotiate my Ultimate Volt deal soon

If I can get £79 inc Netflix too then I'll be very happy. Can I ask which tier of Netflix you get included please?
Old 09-06-2023, 17:33   #596
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Can I ask which tier of Netflix you get included please?
It's the standard tier.... ,£10.99 one
Old 09-06-2023, 18:18   #597
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
As far as I know, yes treat them both seperately. I've already renewed O2 (the deal at the time was too good to turn down) and due to ring VM to negotiate my Ultimate Volt deal soon

If I can get £79 inc Netflix too then I'll be very happy. Can I ask which tier of Netflix you get included please?
Biggest bundle 132 meg £87 per month 18 month contract. Month 19 On £114 don't forget it won't be that by then !!
Old 10-06-2023, 11:57   #598
qwakuk
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwakuk View Post

Phoned 02 and the whole thing was painful as they would not deviate from their script, anyway happy at £15 a month and will go down to £12 if I sms a code after the new sim is activated. 60gb data more than enough for me.
Old 11-06-2023, 11:53   #599
Joedm45
cf.geek

Thanks for all your answers.

Just to share my experience...

I was paying £85 VM Ultimate volt inc a second V6 + £32 O2 unlimited data (Was £25, had 2 RPI increases during the contract).

Renegotiated O2 online a few weeks back, downgraded to 5GB, doubled to 10GB for £12/month + cost of a new phone but that was my choice so I'll ignore the cost.
Saved £20/month

Phoned VM yesterday, first offer for a like for like was £90.75/month including Netflix which I paid separately for... Typically Netflix started being offered a few weeks after my last contract started.
Managed to squeeze another £3/month out of them to get to £87.75/month and said yes

Net result, £2.75/month more to VM but saved £10.99/month to Netflix direct so £8.24/month better off + £20 better off on O2.

Yes this may be still a lot to pay for some but I'm happy with the deal, especially when the price rise notice was £21.50 a few months back, I've managed to save over £28/month

Regarding the O2 link to VM, all they asked was that this price was only being offered if you have an O2 contract, they just asked me to confirm the phone number and it went through ok.
Obviously there to make sure you haven't cancelled the O2 SIM, therefore it doesn't have to be unlimited to get a decent Ultimate Volt deal.

Hopefully I haven't bored you with my story

Last edited by Joedm45; 11-06-2023 at 11:56.
Old 11-06-2023, 12:11   #600
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

That’s very useful I’m in a similar situation. Recently downgraded to an 80 GB O2 tariff and wondered what that would mean for my Ultimate Volt offer. Virgin contract up in November I think.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote