Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Price rises this year.

Old 01-06-2023, 13:14   #571
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Price rises this year.

O2 Bill is £14, O2 decided to not freeze the price for new customers like what VM did, was £12 prior to May.

Still £2 is much better than it would have been if VM imposed their increase.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2023, 14:23   #572
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Up 22% for me. With an odd entry stating that I changed our package recently. I didn't! The only contact I have had with VM in the last months was to ask them to reattach their cable to the outside wall.

Now they are not answering their phonelines!
Mine also talks of change of package ,I havent
Old 01-06-2023, 15:39   #573
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I'm out of contract next month so I rang this morning to see what they could offer me. Got through to UK Retentions in two rings at 8.15am. Helpful guy told me the full price for Volt then offered me 18 months for £75/m, cheaper than my current deal. I accepted. I know there is likely be a price rise next spring but I've now got the lowest price I've had for my services in 25 years so I'll swallow that.
Seriously looked at Sky Stream but to match the services we currently get that came in at unaffordable £145/m for similar bundle with dribble-speed broadband.
Three weeks on and I'm a Sky customer. Why the change of heart? Quite simple - Virgin never sent me any documents detailing the price I agreed with Retentions, and when I rang after two weeks to check what my next bill would be I found that there was no record of the deal. Worse, they couldn't match the price I had been given and told me the best they could do was £95/m.
I rang Sky, got a deal for £65/m for a pair of Sky Stream pucks, Sky Entertainment, Sports, Cinema, 68Mb broadband etc. The pucks were in, up and running the next day, the broadband installation will take another week.
Yesterday a lady from Virgin rang to confirm we wanted to transfer our phone number to Sky. She then offered me all our existing Virgin services for £55/m. I told her what had previously happened and how I felt I could no longer trust Virgin Media offers made over the phone. If they could offer a price like that, why was I told they couldn't and it would be £95/m?
So I'm now a happy Sky customer. It may turn sour and I might return to Virgin at some point but the way I feel about the company right now, I seriously doubt it.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 15:44   #574
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Three weeks on and I'm a Sky customer. Why the change of heart? Quite simple - Virgin never sent me any documents detailing the price I agreed with Retentions, and when I rang after two weeks to check what my next bill would be I found that there was no record of the deal. Worse, they couldn't match the price I had been given and told me the best they could do was £95/m.
I rang Sky, got a deal for £65/m for a pair of Sky Stream pucks, Sky Entertainment, Sports, Cinema, 68Mb broadband etc. The pucks were in, up and running the next day, the broadband installation will take another week.
Yesterday a lady from Virgin rang to confirm we wanted to transfer our phone number to Sky. She then offered me all our existing Virgin services for £55/m. I told her what had previously happened and how I felt I could no longer trust Virgin Media offers made over the phone. If they could offer a price like that, why was I told they couldn't and it would be £95/m?
So I'm now a happy Sky customer. It may turn sour and I might return to Virgin at some point but the way I feel about the company right now, I seriously doubt it.
There is retentions then there is real retentions. First call can only offer you so much so always put your 30days notice in and wait for the call. I hate it, I hate the policy I hate how unfair it is and I hate how Virgin have treated their customers since they bought out all the old cable. Alas there has never been any broadband better but not with FTTP rolling out more and more the choices are getting better. As soon as FTTP is here and I am out of contract I am offsky and good riddance to VM
Old 03-06-2023, 09:42   #575
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Virigin have transformed themselves into a very strange company, they have good products but the people led services that support those products are awful.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 22:34   #576
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
How on earth do you get Ultimate Volt for £29.37?
When I last recontracted I rang up and only asked for new customer price. I was offered it for less. Then I thought I’ll be cheeky and ask about Xbox for new customers. Couldn’t have an Xbox but was offered bill credit monthly extra. Then when I got price rise letter I rang up to say I didn’t want to pay it. No hassles given it straight away. The price rise seems not to have been applied to my account in any case.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 18:10   #577
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

i understand that virginmedia are offering rolling contracts now so customers can cancel when they like so if you don't like how much the price is going up then cancel !
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 20:38   #578
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Havent they done that for a long time - at higher prices to start with ?

( Actually, I think that may have been mobile )

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 09:02   #579
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Havent they done that for a long time - at higher prices to start with ?

( Actually, I think that may have been mobile )
yes you may be correct . but i think it is a good idea my contract ends July 14 i will phone them see what they offer me if i am not happy with the offer them it will be sky / talk talk for my bb / phone package .
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 09:35   #580
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/rolling-contract

Rolling contracts are expensive, now there's a suprise

Due to the £45 rolling contract fee, you’ll pay more for the initial set up than you would on a fixed term broadband deal, regardless of whether you choose a broadband only or a broadband and phone rolling contract
Old 05-06-2023, 10:35   #581
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Of course rolling contracts are more expensive. There’s no commitment to staying for a period of time.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 13:10   #582
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow1956 View Post
yes you may be correct . but i think it is a good idea my contract ends July 14 i will phone them see what they offer me if i am not happy with the offer them it will be sky / talk talk for my bb / phone package .
Mine is mid July too.

Don't forget to phone 30 days before (the next week or so) to avoid that incomprehensable partial bill that is always tricky to see if you've been correctly charged
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 13:33   #583
Peter729
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Of course rolling contracts are more expensive. There’s no commitment to staying for a period of time.
That is, of course, true but what is the benefit of a termed contract for the customer when the price isn’t fixed for the contract term!!
Old 05-06-2023, 14:54   #584
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Up 22% for me. With an odd entry stating that I changed our package recently. I didn't! The only contact I have had with VM in the last months was to ask them to reattach their cable to the outside wall.

Now they are not answering their phonelines!
I still haven't managed to talk to anyone at VM!
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 15:41   #585
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter729 View Post
That is, of course, true but what is the benefit of a termed contract for the customer when the price isn’t fixed for the contract term!!
It depends on whether the cumulative cost over a particular time period is higher or lower, including the price increase which will be applicable (and likely higher) for the rolling contract.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote