Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Price rises this year.

Old 08-04-2023, 11:12   #511
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Of course, the current RPI is irrelevant. Increases will be next April when inflation will be significantly lower.
What we are assured of is that VMs prices will be more than inflation. No reason whatever apart from blatant profiteering. Haven't seen any expansion of their network locally for years.

lt will backfire if they lose customers to the new boys, hence them doing anything to get folks to sign up for 18 months and getting rid of the cap on cancellation charges. It will get them in the end though, the market has changed.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2023, 16:32   #512
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

From there web site Sky Q, Sky TV, Netflix & Superfast Broadband

Avg. download speeds of 36Mb/s

Now,£45
a month for 18 months

18 month minimum terms. Set-up: up to £48.95. Prices may change during this period.

Last edited by Itshim; 08-04-2023 at 16:37.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 18:44   #513
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

just had a chat with VM about canceling my contract be for it ends 14 July they said it be £38.50 think i may pay this as the impression i got was they are not concerned at all about long standing customers leaving they did not even ask why. i been with VM 15 years & 4 months !
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 20:05   #514
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow1956 View Post
just had a chat with VM about canceling my contract be for it ends 14 July they said it be £38.50 think i may pay this as the impression i got was they are not concerned at all about long standing customers leaving they did not even ask why. i been with VM 15 years & 4 months !
Nope, they couldn't care less anymore about how much business people have put their way over many years. Loyalty no longer counts for anything, they just want to aqueeze every last oenny they can out of people now, probably before selling the company on again.

Then it's a case of rinse and repeat.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 21:51   #515
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

My experience of most companies in the last few years is the same, loyalty means nothing to them.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 22:15   #516
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough

There are many Business reports that show that acquiring a new customer can cost five times more than retaining an existing customer.

VMs business model makes little sense
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 22:36   #517
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter729 View Post
There are many Business reports that show that acquiring a new customer can cost five times more than retaining an existing customer.

VMs business model makes little sense
It depends if they’re actually losing customers (on any meaningful level) or not. Even their most vociferous critic, over many years on this forum, still subscribes.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 09:35   #518
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Liberty strategy appears to rely on the majority of customers accepting the above inflation increase or not getting through on the phone.
Over the years I’ve learned to ring retentions every renewal and negotiate. It can take a few hours and a couple of calls but to date it’s resulted in a decent deal. Next month I’ll do it again
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 09:56   #519
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes very true think i am going to look at the offers on ( u switch ) for a deal i am very disappointed with VM may be thay going to sell out to O2 !
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 22:00   #520
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It depends if they’re actually losing customers (on any meaningful level) or not. Even their most vociferous critic, over many years on this forum, still subscribes.
They probably, like myself, have no choice but to stay with Virgin until competition appears (though I have now closed all accounts that I control and dropped the final one to the bare minimum possible).

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 10-04-2023 at 22:23. Reason: Completed Fac RDA
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 15:17   #521
warrenb
cf.addict

Services: VIP50 + 2 Virgin Mobiles + Mobile Broadband
warrenb is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I am currently on the Chat and getting nowhere. The agent is just constantly asking me questions and then taking 10 to 20 minutes to reply with another question. I suspect there is a deliberate delaying tactic going on here. I initiated the chat at 14:02 and it is now 15:18 and we have got as far a my landline usage.
warrenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 17:43   #522
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
Well I am currently on the Chat and getting nowhere. The agent is just constantly asking me questions and then taking 10 to 20 minutes to reply with another question. I suspect there is a deliberate delaying tactic going on here. I initiated the chat at 14:02 and it is now 15:18 and we have got as far a my landline usage.
It's how I got mine took over 4 hours ! Just keep banging away, good luck
Old 11-04-2023, 18:02   #523
warrenb
cf.addict

Services: VIP50 + 2 Virgin Mobiles + Mobile Broadband
warrenb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
It's how I got mine took over 4 hours ! Just keep banging away, good luck
I did and got a decent deal
warrenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 18:46   #524
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
I did and got a decent deal
Glad to hear , so it was worth it!
Old 11-04-2023, 22:02   #525
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

I was on WhatsApp for 3 hours 47 minutes.

Instead of a monthly £9 increase I ended up with a £6+ decrease, confirmed by email.

Only problem is it is until my end of contract in September when I will have to go through the whole pantomime again!
oliver1948uk is offline   Reply With Quote