Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Price rises this year.

Old 05-04-2023, 18:19   #496
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Wishful thinking perhaps , if enough people jump ship , virgin might start to offer better deals to existing customers .
They'll need to do something sooner or later, competiton is catching up fast, they no longer have cable monopoly in many places and that number will only go up.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2023, 22:21   #497
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
They'll need to do something sooner or later, competiton is catching up fast, they no longer have cable monopoly in many places and that number will only go up.
In terms of TV, Sky Stream, NOW and even TalkTalk now have better offers. I’d be interested to see the churn figures for VM post-price hike
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 08:01   #498
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

They've just made another massive negative change. The cap on cancellation charges has been removed for anyone recontracting after 2nd April. If I hadn't recontracted, I certainly wouldn't do now under those terms, could cost >£1000 to cancel, where currently its a max of £288.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 09:51   #499
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough

VM appear to be doing everything in their power to discourage potential and existing customers, a strange business model!!!
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 10:52   #500
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Contacted virgin the other day regarding the price rise letter. I ignored the automatic offer of a discount for 6 months which came up on the call.

On ultimate volt so have an unlimited O2 SIM as well as sport and movies and contract ends in April next year, spoke to a very helpful person who has given me a £21.50 discount till the end of my contract meaning I'm paying £61.49 for gig 1 broadband, landline which isn't used ever, movies and sport with viaplay as an add on for the rugby. Good deal in my opinion
Frazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 12:06   #501
nialli
cf.geek

nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
Contacted virgin the other day regarding the price rise letter. I ignored the automatic offer of a discount for 6 months which came up on the call.

On ultimate volt so have an unlimited O2 SIM as well as sport and movies and contract ends in April next year, spoke to a very helpful person who has given me a £21.50 discount till the end of my contract meaning I'm paying £61.49 for gig 1 broadband, landline which isn't used ever, movies and sport with viaplay as an add on for the rugby. Good deal in my opinion
Nice one…but to some degree you're just kicking that can down the road until the next price rise

Last edited by nialli; 06-04-2023 at 13:57.
Old 06-04-2023, 18:41   #502
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Nice one…but to some degree you're just kicking that can down the road until the next price rise
Isn't that most of us been doing for years . No matter which supplier you choose, switching is surely just a different way of kicking it down the road.
Old 06-04-2023, 20:03   #503
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Might well be but every year I go through the pantomime with virgin over my contract and always manage to negotiate a good deal
Old 06-04-2023, 20:06   #504
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Been kicking every can down the road on price rises (tv, phone, broadband, mobile) every year anyway. 2023 isn't new it's just bigger.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 20:28   #505
Frazz
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Been kicking every can down the road on price rises (tv, phone, broadband, mobile) every year anyway. 2023 isn't new it's just bigger.
It's the pantomime we go through every year
Old 07-04-2023, 11:33   #506
livelysprite
cf.member

livelysprite is on a distinguished roadlivelysprite is on a distinguished road

Just got our letter, £7 a month increase, ouch.
livelysprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 12:44   #507
nialli
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
It's the pantomime we go through every year
It is, and I’m not naive enough to believe the other suppliers are that much better. In the past I’ve spent a frustrating day or two negotiating a new deal but after more than 25 years this time I’m angry. Angry at the indefensible greed of the price rises and angry at the annual price escalator added to the new Virgin T&Cs. I’m counting the days…
Old 07-04-2023, 17:43   #508
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
It is, and I’m not naive enough to believe the other suppliers are that much better. In the past I’ve spent a frustrating day or two negotiating a new deal but after more than 25 years this time I’m angry. Angry at the indefensible greed of the price rises and angry at the annual price escalator added to the new Virgin T&Cs. I’m counting the days…
Totally understand , not dig , genuine question .Whom is offering a contract that's a package of TV and at least BB that does not have such a cause ?
Old 08-04-2023, 06:34   #509
nialli
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Totally understand , not dig , genuine question .Whom is offering a contract that's a package of TV and at least BB that does not have such a cause ?
Sky.
Also, only Virgin uses the higher RPI (currently 13.8%) rather than CPI (10.4%) https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices
Old 08-04-2023, 10:30   #510
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Of course, the current RPI is irrelevant. Increases will be next April when inflation will be significantly lower.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote