Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The energy crisis

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

The energy crisis

Old 22-09-2021, 19:01   #1
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
The energy crisis

This one stuffs me as it means my bills will almost double 6 months earlier than I had hoped. It will stuff a lot of people tbh

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...thing-you-nee/
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-09-2021, 19:07   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Avro and Green Cease Trading

I suspect I'll be needing to update the thread title before too long ... these may be the first to go to the wall thanks to the runaway price of wholesale gas, but they're unlikely to be the last.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 19:08   #3
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

We'll soon be at net zero once no one can afford to turn on the lights and heating.
Old 22-09-2021, 19:47   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Its all come at a bad time for me, my (very good) deal with ESB expires in October.

I'm looking at a move to Bulb (Yes, I am aware they are suffering as well) but atm, they look one of the better choices, everyones deals have rocketed.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 19:58   #5
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Its all come at a bad time for me, my (very good) deal with ESB expires in October.

I'm looking at a move to Bulb (Yes, I am aware they are suffering as well) but atm, they look one of the better choices, everyones deals have rocketed.
I was with Bulb for about 16 months - started off well, then had two large price increases in 12 months; I moved after the 2nd one to Shell (who have since then dropped our DD by £15 per month).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 20:00   #6
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I was with Bulb for about 16 months - started off well, then had two large price increases in 12 months; I moved after the 2nd one to Shell (who have since then dropped our DD by £15 per month).
Same here, I found Bulb to be very good at first, but as you said they increased their prices pretty quickly, so I just moved.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 20:42   #7
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

I left Avro in July and they were due to refund my credit balance of £250 last week. Of course that payment never arrived and when I contacted them on Tuesday they advised I'd receive it by the end of this week. I switched to PFP, who went bust a couple of weeks ago. I have a credit balance of £150 with them

I'm now being switched to British Gas as the supplier of last resort. I'm sticking with them as a big brand that hopefully won't go bust anytime soon. It doesn't sound as though many of the challenger brands will be around by the end of winter.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 20:43   #8
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I’m with “look after my bills” and just switch to Green last month. Luckily I got my credit rebate back from the previous supplier so I’m not out any money. The only decision I have to make now is to cancel my DD? Which I think I will do. I’m not going to get cut off. I’ll take a meter reading in the morning and cancel my DD and await further instructions.
Old 22-09-2021, 21:09   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Bulb is still very good for me compared to when I was on Eon.
Old 22-09-2021, 21:29   #10
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
I left Avro in July and they were due to refund my credit balance of £250 last week. Of course that payment never arrived and when I contacted them on Tuesday they advised I'd receive it by the end of this week. I switched to PFP, who went bust a couple of weeks ago. I have a credit balance of £150 with them

I'm now being switched to British Gas as the supplier of last resort. I'm sticking with them as a big brand that hopefully won't go bust anytime soon. It doesn't sound as though many of the challenger brands will be around by the end of winter.
are they trying to force a smart meter on you ?
Old 22-09-2021, 21:43   #11
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

No, I don't think they can force one as a supplier of last resort as I've not agreed to one. I'm sure they will be keen to install one and start pestering me at some point though.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 22:33   #12
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Info from OFGEN for those affected.
Quote:
ofgem
@ofgem
·
24m
Avro Energy and Green Supply Limited have ceased trading.

If you’re a customer, please don’t worry - you can rely on your energy supply as normal.

We will now switch you to a new supplier. More info on what happens next:https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information...Green_supplier
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 22:37   #13
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

If you're eligible, you might be able to claim £140 towards your winter energy bills. Here's a list of suppliers that let you apply for it. The Warm Home Discount...

List of suppliers

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 22:44   #14
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
If you're eligible, you might be able to claim £140 towards your winter energy bills. Here's a list of suppliers that let you apply for it. The Warm Home Discount...

List of suppliers
yeah but if you have to apply you have to have been a customer in July meaning anyone forced to move could well be stuffed with not only higher bills but the loss of this also. I usually get it but I am assuming this year will be a real struggle
Old 22-09-2021, 22:53   #15
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
yeah but if you have to apply you have to have been a customer in July meaning anyone forced to move could well be stuffed with not only higher bills but the loss of this also. I usually get it but I am assuming this year will be a real struggle
Some of the suppliers have already closed the option to apply for it this year. But I suggest people still apply with their energy company. It's a limited amount of funding they have, so be quick. It's a massive help.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote