Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Doctor Who

Old 14-05-2023, 10:38   #736
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Doctor Who

Thanks for the link Paul. Really looking forward to watching the 3 specials in November.

I just hope the new Dr Who's arrival in a Christmas special with Ncuti Gatwa’s Fifteenth Doctor and Millie Gibson’s new companion, Ruby Sunday is as good as I hope. Fingers crossed that they have got the castings right this time.
Old 14-05-2023, 13:10   #737
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

The writing was the main issue rather than casting
Old 15-05-2023, 06:44   #738
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Trailer for the three 2023 specials.
Gracious Paul
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2023, 08:21   #739
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Indira Varma cast in the forthcoming series.

https://variety.com/2023/global/glob...es-1235624006/

Her character name is given by the BBC press office as ‘The Duchess’ and according to RTD “ A whole new audience will be hiding behind the settee when the Duchess unleashes her terror.”

The Duchess is an English translation of Rani (which is Hindi). In fact I bet when the show starts she’s not called the Duchess at all; this is probably just a cover so they can announce a star casting without giving away the returning villain. Although it’s not a very good one …
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2023, 01:40   #740
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Bonnie Langford will return as Melanie Bush in an adventure with the new (15th) Doctor.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2023, 11:29   #741
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Bonnie Langford will return as Melanie Bush in an adventure with the new (15th) Doctor.
The rumour mill has it that RTD is trying to get a UNIT spinoff into production and that Bonnie Langford will also be in that, if it happens, along with Gemma Redgrave and possibly others who have been seen associated with UNIT since the 2005 revival.

I think if the character of Mel is well written and Langford is well-directed, she could do well. She was sorely let down by lazy production last time round. Early on (in the Terror of the Vervoids segment of the Trial of a Time Lord) she showed a willingness to dive in, investigate, and generally show agency. But as soon as it hit the fan they reverted to having her just scream at the top of her lungs. I’m pretty sure they won’t go in for that now.
Old 24-09-2023, 02:17   #742
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

New trailer ;

Old 24-09-2023, 10:08   #743
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Great stuff. I see UNIT appointed Tony Stark as architect of their new London base. . A subtle nod at all the Disney cash they have to spend these days, I’m sure.
Old 24-09-2023, 11:17   #744
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

WOW
Old 25-09-2023, 16:49   #745
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Should have just kept David Tennant as the Doctor. I'd probably still watch it.
Old 25-09-2023, 18:43   #746
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Should have just kept David Tennant as the Doctor. I'd probably still watch it.
He was one of the best overall, and the best of the more recent bunch.

Sadly they ruined it with the last PC choice.
Having ticked off the "female" box, they have now gone for ticking off the "coloured" box.
I expect the next one will be a "non binary" doctor (assuming it even survives that long).

I will give Gatwa a chance of course, but after the disaster of Whittaker, I wont be so willing to make a long chance, esp if its more dumb woke stories trying to preach to me.

Old 20-10-2023, 19:59   #747
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

All 800 episodes of classic Who going on iPlayer from 1 Nov (apart from the first story which they don't have the rights for some arcane reason).
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a45558...ayer-episodes/

That's the next couple of years sorted

Never did take to the new stuff post Tennant.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2023, 20:07   #748
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
All 800 episodes of classic Who going on iPlayer from 1 Nov (apart from the first story which they don't have the rights for some arcane reason).
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a45558...ayer-episodes/

That's the next couple of years sorted

Never did take to the new stuff post Tennant.
Tom Baker was one of my favourites.
Old 20-10-2023, 21:57   #749
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
and also except the episodes they have lost.

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

Quote:
Also set to become available are spin-off shows Sarah Jane Adventures, Torchwood and Class, as well as documentary series Doctor Who Confidential.

Old 22-10-2023, 18:34   #750
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I will give Gatwa a chance of course, but after the disaster of Whittaker, I wont be so willing to make a long chance, esp if its more dumb woke stories trying to preach to me.
Call me a dinosaur but I just couldn’t get onboard with a female Dr and I make no apologies for it.

I have no issue with the Dr being any ethnicity whatsoever and I would be willing to give Gatwa a watch, but I fear the wokery will be overwhelming. I’ll take my steer from reviews on here.