Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Old 20-02-2013, 22:44   #61
Gateshead
Inactive

Gateshead is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

I've been told to pick my van up on 25th. My course is I on the 18th so it's the week following. But I hear it depends upon your in if you read earlier posts on this thread
Gateshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2013, 22:56   #62
woody201059
Inactive

woody201059 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had all my conformation ect through from insite ( the agency I applied through ) the sent me attachments via email from mj Quinn with course details, times, time table for the course also job details ect insure even sent my cv off to my Quinn and they got back to unsure saying I've got the job they just want me to do the 5 day course before I start
woody201059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 23:08   #63
Rjkr4
Inactive

Rjkr4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck fellas!!
Rjkr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 23:13   #64
G Telf
Inactive

G Telf is an unknown quantity at this point

My application has been a little different to yours mate

I applied thru peopleline recruitment who phoned me regarding the position. They then sent my CV to MJ and I had a e-mail from peopleline saying my application was successful.

Then today I was e-mailed from MJs recruitment team with attachments: CRB Disclosure/driving details/previous employment. I need to supply them copies of my passport/proof of address/driving licence

Only once I've cleared all the above will I be given course details etc
G Telf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 23:24   #65
woody201059
Inactive

I ain't been asked about a crb or anything like that buying Defo gonna find out about it now
Old 20-02-2013, 23:34   #66
Gateshead
Inactive

Woody the forms he's been asked to complete we are competing on the induction day.
Old 21-02-2013, 00:09   #67
woody201059
Inactive

Best take my licence and that with me then for my driver number bit daft on doing on the induction day then when your picking your van up what will happen if they turn you down on the day after getting there and filling all the paperwork ect in
Old 21-02-2013, 10:07   #68
Gateshead
Inactive

Why would they turn you down after putting you through the course, unless you had tons of penalty points. At the end of the day they've already selected you on the merits of your cv. The course and paperwork is merely to satisfy bts contractual requirements
Old 21-02-2013, 10:20   #69
jaffan
Inactive

jaffan is an unknown quantity at this point

will they will ask for date of birth and adress for crb check...because they asked me to do so.....

---------- Post added at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 ----------

i did not got any information regarding training slots and generally for many people they train each day.......and can any one say how the vehicle will be will it be some decent one or use large vehicles for parcels etc like that!!!!!!!!
jaffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 10:27   #70
Gateshead
Inactive

They need dob and address backed up by utility bill, birth certificate or passport and your driving license.
As far as van goes the guy at the end of my street drives new shape Nissan van, but I've transit connects transit s around my way with mj quinn logo on.all new vans probably fleet hire
Old 21-02-2013, 11:13   #71
woody201059
Inactive

I got asked for date of both and address I seen some mj Quinn vans on my way to Manchester yesterday and they was transit high high tops both had Quinn and working in partnership with bt openreach on

---------- Post added at 10:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateshead View Post
Why would they turn you down after putting you through the course, unless you had tons of penalty points. At the end of the day they've already selected you on the merits of your cv. The course and paperwork is merely to satisfy bts contractual requirements
I never thought of it that way lol tell I had a tired day yeasterday or I was just being thick lmao
Old 21-02-2013, 12:30   #72
Scubaboy
Inactive

Scubaboy is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone on here from manchester been given a place on the course ?
Scubaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 14:41   #73
Taffy58
Inactive

Taffy58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. I was booked in for the training, but pulled out. I got a few answers from the agency. Firstly you don't get a fuel card. You pay for your own fuel, its priced into the job. You are self employed, but umbrella company sort out the tax and n.i . All travelling expenses are covered by yourself. ( travel to coventry & liverpool ). The van is on hire to you, so if your off any days sick, it looks like you gotta pay for the hire of the van on those days. Insurance etc is covered through company, but you are liable for general wear & tear. The van comes with a full tank when picked up in liverpool, but gotta be given back with a full tank. It's a lot of out of pocket expenses before you even earn a wage, hence its no good for me.
Taffy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 16:07   #74
Gateshead
Inactive

Was that insite? Cos all the paperwork they send out says you collect van and fuel card week following your course. That is the five day managed install course. Maybe it's different for the 12 day copper course?
Old 21-02-2013, 17:02   #75
Paul55
Inactive

Paul55 is on a distinguished roadPaul55 is on a distinguished road

I pulled out a couple of days ago & I hadn't heard anything from the agency. Insight International, then today I've been contacted my Quinns asking me to fill in my details for a CRB check etc before they'll give me the course details, duh!!! Itwas the course details that made me pull out! Do they know what they're doing?
Paul55 is offline   Reply With Quote