Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Old 15-02-2013, 22:06   #1
Gateshead
Inactive

Gateshead is an unknown quantity at this point
mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Hi I'm about to embark on mj Quinn bt openreach accreditation course in march. Is anyone else on it? What are mj Quinn like to work for? also my course start time every day is 430pm til midnight has this always been the case if so what's the thinking unless theyre worried all candidates will still be ****ed from the night before haha
Gateshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2013, 22:12   #2
Scubaboy
Inactive

Scubaboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

ive been told today that because i live in manchester that manchester is saturated with engineers and it would be unfair to train me up and have no job at the end so they have stopped my training ang job.even after confirming my training times and start date.i had even booked my hotel with no chance of canceling or getting my money back
Scubaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 22:23   #3
Gateshead
Inactive

That's a rough deal that. They send you all over so really distance shouldn't come into it.
Old 15-02-2013, 22:33   #4
Gateshead
Inactive

bt openreach mj Quinn contract

Anyone involved in the mj Quinn contract. I'm starting with them in march but another member has just been let down before even starting by the recruiter.despite booking his hotel and train following his confirmation. They said he lived too close and his area was saturated with engineers
Old 15-02-2013, 22:59   #5
Gateshead
Inactive

info on bt openreach mj Quinn contract

Anyone involved with mj Quinn contract?
Old 16-02-2013, 09:42   #6
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Please do not start more than one thread on the same subject. Threads merged
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 19:56   #7
jaffan
Inactive

jaffan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: info on bt openreach mj Quinn contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateshead View Post
Anyone involved with mj Quinn contract?
how many days it took for u to get an email from MJ quinn after confirmation from recruiter.............

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

becuase i got confirmation from recruiter a week ago but did not got any confirmation mail
jaffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 15:43   #8
Rjkr4
Inactive

Rjkr4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just applied too. I asked whether it was self employed as this is what I don't want. Some girl on the phone said they have management companies to sort tax and NI out. Bloody hope so as it will be we'll risky. I was told £25 a job, 5 - 12 days training in Coventry and a induction at Liverpool. I have had to chase them up but no details as of yet. Can't find anyone who has worked for them either however a openreach friend of mine says they r ok but he don't really know
Rjkr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 16:35   #9
Gateshead
Inactive

Its5 day course for domestic managed installers and 12 for data installations.a gay at the edge of my street workers for them it's 22.50 a job at least4a day

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Oops meant to say guy haha
Old 17-02-2013, 16:35   #10
Rjkr4
Inactive

Thanks for the reply appreciate it. Do u know if the firm are ok to work for I know other contractors are awful. Never had to work for a contractor before but fed up with KPI's.
Old 17-02-2013, 17:14   #11
Gateshead
Inactive

Not sure as of yet, will know more after speaking top the guy at the rd of my street. Then I will post it here
Old 17-02-2013, 17:38   #12
Rjkr4
Inactive

Thank you. 4 kids and a mortgage r a worry so any info u can get would be great.
Old 17-02-2013, 20:42   #13
jf123
Inactive

jf123 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all i work for mj quinn and am from the lancashire area they r quite good to work for and pay well i am in and out of area all the time , i am working away this coming week and only got told at 20 to 4 on friday which isnt ideal to be honest but that is contracting at the end of the day ! regarding pay its different all the time , if you are on managed installs ( fibre ) you are on £22.50 a job and if you are on copper provisions there are 4 rates of pay per job ,

rate 1 ( 0-6 miles from home postcode ) £28.50 per job
rate 2 (6-30 miles away from home ) £30.75 per job
rate 3 (30-60 miles away from home ) £33.75 per job
rate 4 (60 plus miles away from home ) £42.25 per job

i am working in east london this week where i will be on rate 4 doing around 6-9 jobs per day , you have to pay for own digs and diesel etc but after all my digs and diesel etc i should easilly clear £900-£1000 to myself for the week ! i have worked for the other contractor also (kellys) and tbh they are a joke compared to quinns yeah they pay your diesel and hotel bills but you get treated like dirt and the rate of pay is £25 per job no matter where you work !

morale of the story quinns is better than kellys to work for but be expected to work away on extremely short notice but when in your own area its a doddle earning £500-£800 a week home at around 5 every night !!

rant over !!
jf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 21:56   #14
Rjkr4
Inactive

Wow lovely money! Not too keen on East London working though but there u go. So u get paid weekly? Hope so as all the diesel to fork out for and digs!!! It sounds quite good just the diesel and digs bit I don't like. Sounds very tempting. Thank u so much for all the detail, didn't get told any of that over the phone!
Old 17-02-2013, 22:01   #15
jaffan
Inactive

jaffan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjkr4 View Post
Wow lovely money! Not too keen on East London working though but there u go. So u get paid weekly? Hope so as all the diesel to fork out for and digs!!! It sounds quite good just the diesel and digs bit I don't like. Sounds very tempting. Thank u so much for all the detail, didn't get told any of that over the phone!
Actually I got feedback from recruiter and waiting for mail from mj quinn and will recruiter will ask date of birth
jaffan is offline   Reply With Quote