Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix - Extra Member

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Netflix - Extra Member

Old 24-05-2023, 00:28   #1
lemarsh
cf.geek

lemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of light
Netflix - Extra Member

evening, this may be a bit early for people to know, but Netflix annouced they are cracking down on password sharing in UK now, which was to be expected.

I have a daughter who uses by Netflix (I have Premium, so pay an additional £5). I was looking to see if how i can add her as an extra member - [quote from netflix] - Option to add up to 2 extra members who don't live with you £4.99

I would downgrade, to basic, so actually cost nuteral. But then Netflix say "Extra members cannot be added to partner packages or third-party billed accounts.".

Am i reading this correct, that if i subscribe through Virgin (as part of my bundle) I cannot add an extra member?
lemarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-05-2023, 07:55   #2
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix - Extra Member

That’s also my interpretation.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2023, 11:30   #3
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

I understand that you will be able to create your family group through the Netflix app on your Virgin Media set top box.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2023, 11:51   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarsh View Post
Am i reading this correct, that if i subscribe through Virgin (as part of my bundle) I cannot add an extra member?
That's correct.
Old 30-05-2023, 12:56   #5
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Aside,had email saying I shouldn't share my password , that's all.
Old 30-05-2023, 13:31   #6
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

A friend of my Fathers was telling him that his son shares with him and has him down as Dad. He got an email asking to verify all the users were legit to which he said yes and that was it
Old 30-05-2023, 14:47   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Aside,had email saying I shouldn't share my password , that's all.
We got an email, and then we had to register as the main IP Address - we have paid another £4.99 for my daughter's house to have a single user ID at that IP address (send an invite, she then logs on, Robert's your father's brother.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 01:56   #8
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
We got an email, and then we had to register as the main IP Address - we have paid another £4.99 for my daughter's house to have a single user ID at that IP address (send an invite, she then logs on, Robert's your father's brother.
When I get that email I'll be cancelling my Netflix and source everything via TeaTV/BeeTV apps as well as Amazon Prime.

Well done Netflix you have lost another customer.
Old 01-06-2023, 15:38   #9
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

We upgraded our tier and then left my mum's TiVo logged in. She now has her own Netflix via her VM account. Do we now down grade?
Old 02-06-2023, 08:06   #10
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

My son added us to his account 6 months ago. Watched a couple of films but nothing else of interest on there. Bamboozles me why folks pay for this. There's crap for free elsewhere.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote