Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | F1 2023 Season Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

F1 2023 Season Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 09:37   #16
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: F1 2023 Season Thread

Well that was a joke of an ending to the Australian Grand Prix!
Old 02-04-2023, 10:18   #17
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Well that was a joke of an ending to the Australian Grand Prix!
Totally agree. To just have a formation lap just to meet lap number is IMHO rediculous on how they base it. Logically before the start of a race you have a formation lap berore the start of a race which isn't counted as a lap for a race, so if you have one after a red flag that shouldn't be counted as a race lap.

We lost 5 racing laps due to this which (potentially) could have changed the result.

F1 is becoming more of a farce since Hamilton was robbed of his Championship and record number of consecutive wins in Abu Dahabi 2 years ago.

Last edited by pip08456; 02-04-2023 at 10:19. Reason: Typo
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 10:25   #18
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I can’t help but think it’s not helped by the coverage. Sky had endless speculation about the kind of start and order of the restart when it’d have taken (and did, when they looked after the race) about 30 seconds to confirm that Max hadn’t reached the end of sector one when the red flag came out.

Sky give the perception that race control are sitting debating options and plucking one of them out of thin air.

If they recognised there was no basis for cutting the race short (it’s not like it was dark, wet, or time ran out) and there was no reference point for a running order than the restart before it minus the cars that retired. It was actually straightforward.

Last edited by jfman; 02-04-2023 at 10:30.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 11:13   #19
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Race control would have known immediately that the first sector had not been completed as they would not have had any timings retered at the very least..Race control know exactly where any car is at anytime on the circuit during a race.

Now as I understand the rules if the first sector isn't cleared by the leader the lap does not count. I fully admit I could be wrong. If I'm right that means following the 3rd red flag there was still 2 laps to go. 1 fomation lap and then 1 racing lap as lap 57 didn't count as a lap.

What do you think?

I'm going back to bed for a couple of hours but eilling to discuss further later.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 12:37   #20
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I was hoping for Max's car to break down on the restart for some extra controversy, giving Lewis the win.
Old 03-04-2023, 16:38   #21
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Race control would have known immediately that the first sector had not been completed as they would not have had any timings retered at the very least..Race control know exactly where any car is at anytime on the circuit during a race.

Now as I understand the rules if the first sector isn't cleared by the leader the lap does not count. I fully admit I could be wrong. If I'm right that means following the 3rd red flag there was still 2 laps to go. 1 fomation lap and then 1 racing lap as lap 57 didn't count as a lap.

What do you think?

I'm going back to bed for a couple of hours but eilling to discuss further later.
It’s certainly confusing, and I’ve a feeling that the rules are different on whether the red flag lap “counts” or not depending on whether it’s the start of the race or not.

A separate thing I’ve got thinking about is how dangerous the “2 lap shootout” scenario is. If you’ve got 14 cars on track (I think) nobody is that far from points or taking home a points haul far above their driving and car performance. Points that could be worth millions of dollars to the teams. I wonder if this “lottery” is why team principals say they want to finish under green flag conditions.

The little bit of risk aversion that says on lap 1 keep it on the road, anything can happen, strategy, safety cars, red flags etc. is gone. Even say 10 laps out from the end if you’ve got an out of position Ferrari (Sainz) or Red Bull (Perez) sitting next to you part of a driver must think who are they really racing on track.

In two laps without DRS you might as well go all in.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2023, 12:20   #22
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Magazine Editor sacked for AI generated Michael Schumacher interview.

How the xxxxx did she think this would be a good thing to publish?

Quote:
"I can with the help of my team actually stand by myself and even slowly walk a few steps," read the Schumacher 'quotes'.

"My wife and my children were a blessing to me and without them I would not have managed it. Naturally they are also very sad, how it has all happened.

"They support me and are standing firmly at my side."

Schumacher's family said on Friday that they plan to
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65361193
Old 01-05-2023, 14:38   #23
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

The only excitement at Baku DRS centre was the near miss with the press by Ocon in the last lap pitstop
Old 05-05-2023, 11:31   #24
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I have know unfollowed all pages to do with F1, as I cannot watch that RB and Winger Spice has done to the sport I would watch without fail, even on holiday.

I do follow Lewis Hamilton though.
Old 05-05-2023, 17:17   #25
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I have know unfollowed all pages to do with F1, as I cannot watch that RB and Winger Spice has done to the sport I would watch without fail, even on holiday.

I do follow Lewis Hamilton though.
it's absolutely no different to other past iterations, where there has been a dominant car and driver, where it's the case that either the No.1 or No.2 driver will win Grand Prix's

Schumacher + Irvine or Barichello
Hamilton + Rosberg or Bottas

Now it's Verstappen or Perez

I'm just hoping that Perez can do a Rosberg and stick it to his team mate.
Old 17-05-2023, 13:26   #26
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Emilia Romagna Grand Prix in serious doubt this Weekend due to flooding.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65619222

Quote:
Staff preparing for this weekend's race were ordered to leave the track on Tuesday because of risks of flooding.

The Santerno river next to the circuit is running high and the area has been given a maximum red weather warning.

Some of the facilities at the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari are flooded, although the F1 paddock is not.

Commercial rights holder F1 and governing

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

Officially cancelled.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65621373

Last edited by SnoopZ; 17-05-2023 at 12:02.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2023, 17:10   #27
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Honda to return to F1 as Aston Martin engine partner in 2026.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65682563
Old 26-05-2023, 13:39   #28
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Honda to return to F1 as Aston Martin engine partner in 2026.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65682563

Hopefully Maxident and Winger Spice will have buggered off by then, then I will return.

I like a few people I speak to think there is something fishy the RB car.
Old 26-05-2023, 16:21   #29
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Hopefully Maxident and Winger Spice will have buggered off by then, then I will return.

I like a few people I speak to think there is something fishy the RB car.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, using names like that, you are no true F1 fan anyway.

I have no real liking to Max though he is a good driver. But putting names to people like that is just childish.

Why? Because Hamilton isn't winning? Was there something fishy with the Mercedes car when that was always winning?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2023, 17:57   #30
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, using names like that, you are no true F1 fan anyway.

I have no real liking to Max though he is a good driver. But putting names to people like that is just childish.

Why? Because Hamilton isn't winning? Was there something fishy with the Mercedes car when that was always winning?

No its the fact that 9 teams seem to have gotten it very wrong seems unlikely