Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 09-05-2023, 10:11   #2011
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Wonder if all these problems will impact the amount Sky is prepared to pay at the next EPL rights auction ?
It will certainly help them by having these rights sewn up, but the EPL is more important to Sky than any other broadcaster.

They will be encouraged by the cutbacks at BT Sport, exit from tennis broadcasting by Amazon, lack of traction by DAZN in the UK and comparatively small sporting investment by Apple.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2023, 09:30   #2012
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Has anyone else noticed that the picture quality and performance of the ITVX app on the V6 Tivo platform is poor? On my Roku and Fire Stick it’s sharper and faster compared to the V6 version.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2023, 10:35   #2013
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

It's excellent on the 360. Maybe you have an issue locally?
Old 16-05-2023, 12:37   #2014
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Not that I'm aware of. I'm happy to watch in on my streaming sticks. I suspect the V6 version won't be improved as Virgin only appear to care about Apps on the the 360
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2023, 21:20   #2015
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the picture quality and performance of the ITVX app on the V6 Tivo platform is poor? On my Roku and Fire Stick it’s sharper and faster compared to the V6 version.
I have the ITVX streamer on my V6 with 360 software, and I agree the streamer is slow and clunky, but once into the streamer, it plays just fine.
Old 18-05-2023, 23:09   #2016
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I have the ITVX streamer on my V6 with 360 software, and I agree the streamer is slow and clunky, but once into the streamer, it plays just fine.
Somewhat sluggish on several platforms. I'm guessing they forgot about the KISS acronym at the design stage.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2023, 20:53   #2017
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Anyone having pixelation issues when watching news 24 on the BBC channel? I'm getting pretty bad pixelation on this channel, I don't have this is on any other channels.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 18:44   #2018
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Virgin Media stream has today come down in price for new customers

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/virgin...stream-prices/
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2023, 23:36   #2019
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Comcast brings NOW TV to the United States

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2023...united-states/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2023, 22:37   #2020
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Selected streams from Glastonbury this weekend are available in UHD via BBC iPlayer
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2023, 01:16   #2021
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

My god, my NFL Gamepass subscription has just been transferred to DAZN.
I've had a look though what they offer and I believe NFL fans like myself will be keeping the service going until next February!
I cannot see anything on the platform worth paying more than 99p a month for (and even then I'm being generous!)
How have the NFL sold their content to this ridiculous service?
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2023, 08:31   #2022
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Where does it say 99p per month?

I can only find £0.99 one off to 1 Aug - then one-off £150.99 for the season pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
My god, my NFL Gamepass subscription has just been transferred to DAZN.
I've had a look though what they offer and I believe NFL fans like myself will be keeping the service going until next February!
I cannot see anything on the platform worth paying more than 99p a month for (and even then I'm being generous!)
How have the NFL sold their content to this ridiculous service?
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2023, 08:40   #2023
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Where does it say 99p per month?

I can only find £0.99 one off to 1 Aug - then one-off £150.99 for the season pass.
I think he’s using that as his valuation of a poor selection of content. Not that it’s a standing price.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2023, 09:50   #2024
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I see what you mean.

I have subscribed to NFL Pass before and, although expensive, the offering was very good. I suspect the offering via DAZN will be the same - so every NFL game live except those on Sky Sports.

But I've had issues with DAZN and their account handling, and don't trust DAZN at this time.

The other morning I happened to find on NFL Network and programme about the development of the tv coverage. Although NFL based a lot of the stuff is used now by UK broadcasters for EPL and EFL. Showing you how the SkyCam actually works, how those 10 yard markers appear on the pitch and behind the players, the development of the sound for players, refs etc.

The NFL Network is now included free with the DAZN standard subscription - but is easily found elsewhere if you look around.

Last edited by ozsat; 28-06-2023 at 09:55.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2023, 15:30   #2025
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Sorry I may not have explained myself very clearly, as an NFL fan whilst expensive I really like the Gamepass service,
DAZN on the other hand looks like a steaming pile of you know what and I can't believe they expect people to pay for it.

I'm not having a great start with DAZN, they take so long to send a link to verify my email address that the link has timed out and is no longer valid lol.
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote