Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V6 or 360 poll

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V6 or 360 poll
View Poll Results: What Virgin Media software do you prefer?
Older V6 (TiVo software) 31 60.78%
Newer 360 (Horizon software) 17 33.33%
No preference either way 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2023, 20:34   #16
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: V6 or 360 poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I'm out of contract next month so I rang this morning to see what Virgin would offer for me to stay. I thought my two V6 boxes would be part of the conversation but the Scottish guy I spoke to didn't mention the older software.
Migration to V360 is currently voluntary & the UK call centres are correctly not up-selling it with contract changes, unlike offshore who seem to do the opposite.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2023, 21:53   #17
punkrock101
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Freesat, Sky Gigafast FTTP Broadband, Virgin Gig1
punkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enough

I was moved to 360 a while back absolutely hate it would love to go back to TiVo V6 but told its impossible.
punkrock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 06:53   #18
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrock101 View Post
I was moved to 360 a while back absolutely hate it would love to go back to TiVo V6 but told its impossible.
It is NOT impossible. I managed to switch my 2 boxes back successfully to the V6. Persistence and the right person on the other end of the phone is the key. it CAN be done.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 12:24   #19
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
It is NOT impossible. I managed to switch my 2 boxes back successfully to the V6. Persistence and the right person on the other end of the phone is the key. it CAN be done.
Also switched back - actually did not need much pushing at all. I was really disappointed with the series link functionality, however I can also see how some customers would love it due to the extra streaming apps etc.

In the end did not even need a box swap - they reverted my account and then the boxes could pull down the TiVo software image (think they pressed the + and power button and within 15 minutes was back - both me and the engineer were impressed!)
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 13:30   #20
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Migration to V360 is currently voluntary & the UK call centres are correctly not up-selling it with contract changes, unlike offshore who seem to do the opposite.
Once they do start making the migration to the V360 compulsory then customers have some serious thinking to do because as it stands l much prefer the V6.
Old 12-05-2023, 13:39   #21
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Tell them that if you can't change back that you will cancel. I bet it will then suddenly become possible, even if you have to speak to retentions after putting in your notice

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
How did you change back to a V6? New boxes or did they download the V6 software to your boxes again?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 14:14   #22
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I accept the point about the 360 not recording over alternate channels but the 360 seems to remember any recorded series in perpetuity. I have found that if I watched a particular series and then deleted the recordings when the next series becomes available it appears in the scheduled recordings list.
When you watch the last of the series, instead of deleting the programme, use the ‘delete series’ option.

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Of course you do. If you have over 100 series links, you want to be able to manage them, instead of searching for each show.
If it is in a list of series links, you still have to go through the list to find the one you are seeking. It’s no more difficult than going through the list of recordings!

Alternatively just go to ‘search’ or speak into the remote and say’’Find blah blah blah” and it comes up straight away.

I think you are making things unduly difficult for yourself expecting everything to work the same way as the TiVo.
Old 12-05-2023, 14:33   #23
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
When you watch the last of the series, instead of deleting the programme, use the ‘delete series’ option.

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

If it is in a list of series links, you still have to go through the list to find the one you are seeking. It’s no more difficult than going through the list of recordings!

Alternatively just go to ‘search’ or speak into the remote and say’’Find blah blah blah” and it comes up straight away.

I think you are making things unduly difficult for yourself expecting everything to work the same way as the TiVo.
But it might not be in recordings if no recordings are scheduled.

But using the search won't help with changing the series link options if there is no scheduled recordings, if the show has changed channels. As far as I'm aware, you need to create a separate series link which you can't do as it's not scheduled yet.

I'm making things difficult? I'm not the one who has a totally different software option for the customers who when 'upgrading' have no way of transferring series links over. This wouldn't be a problem if the 360 had any sort of useful series link management, but it doesn't. If the problem ain't broke, don't fix it, so yes I would expect it to work a bit like TiVo.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 21:30   #24
punkrock101
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Freesat, Sky Gigafast FTTP Broadband, Virgin Gig1
punkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enough

I might give them a ring when I get chance. it's not used that often as its basically the mix it package that's basically a glorified Freeview, I'm out of contract now with them now and want to keep it this way does it renew your contract if you do this?
punkrock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 22:20   #25
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
I might give them a ring when I get chance. it's not used that often as its basically the mix it package that's basically a glorified Freeview, I'm out of contract now with them now and want to keep it this way does it renew your contract if you do this?
Worth checking with them first, though some staff do give out incorrect information by fault or design, so it's probably best to ask and get a reply in writing.

I wouldn't have thought so personally if the STB was the only change.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2023, 08:09   #26
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Tell them that if you can't change back that you will cancel. I bet it will then suddenly become possible, even if you have to speak to retentions after putting in your notice

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

How did you change back to a V6? New boxes or did they download the V6 software to your boxes again?
They sent me 2 new Arris boxes with Tivo V6 firmware and had to return the 2 Humax 360 boxes. I think it must depend on what box manufacturer you have, Arris or Humax.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote