Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2011, 15:41   #1441
Manster62
Inactive

Services: Tivo. Virgin V+ xl tv, Virgin xl phone, xl Broadband and Virgin mobile
Manster62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by friely View Post
I just got my online confirmation, didn't get the 26th(my day off) as was stated in the order from Tuesday.So just phoned and now have this Monday 18th which is great as its my day off next week .
You're very lucky - I'm having a terrible time and it seems I'm going to have to wait three weeks.
Advertisement
Old 14-04-2011, 15:44   #1442
Hambone88
Inactive

Hambone88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post

When you say FREE, are you talking about the relocation or monthly fee?
Relocation
If i kept it as a forth box would i get
charged for it as an extra box.
Old 14-04-2011, 15:48   #1443
Strangerstill
Inactive

Services: Vmedia TiVo ex NTL.
Strangerstill is an unknown quantity at this point

DF/Ben, I received this today-

Great news!

We're delighted that you've decided to join the TV revolution by upgrading your TV to the next-generation Virgin Media TV, powered by TiVo. Your TiVo activation fee and new monthly charges will appear on your next bill.

We'll be in touch again soon to confirm everything in a letter, but in the meantime, and if you need any help along the way, give us a call on 0845 454 1111 or for free on 150 from your Virgin Media phone.

So what happens next?
We're sending one of our technicians round on <date> between <time slot> to install your TiVo box. It should only take about two hours to get all the equipment up and running.

By taking a TiVo box, a new 12-month contract applies to your TV service (we’ll send it out in the post).

If you decide to change your mind within the first seven working days from the day after you sign up, simply fill in and return the 'Right to Cancel' form tucked away with your letter coming in the post and you can return to the way things were before (unless the service has been installed).

Your new TiVo service is covered by our 28-day money back guarantee, so it you're not entirely satisfied with it, just give us a call. Not that we think you'll want to, of course.

We hope you'll carry on enjoying all the benefits of being a Virgin Media customer and we can't wait to look after you again this year.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media Team

Notice no actual date or time, is this a mistake? thanks.
Old 14-04-2011, 15:52   #1444
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone88 View Post
Relocation
If i kept it as a forth box would i get
charged for it as an extra box.
relocation would be free, so long as it's on the workorder. yes a monthly charge would apply.

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

I have to log off now, so I've asked other staffers to help if they can, especially around the order emails.
Old 14-04-2011, 15:53   #1445
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

DF, are emails still being sent out?
Old 14-04-2011, 16:01   #1446
scaseman
Inactive

scaseman is an unknown quantity at this point

I was offered Wednesday the 27th April 8am - 1pm which was not either of my choices. Rang up have now got Tuesday the 19th April 1pm - 6pm. Which is earlier than any slots offered on the online ordering system.
Old 14-04-2011, 16:18   #1447
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
DF, are emails still being sent out?
I should hope so as another who has not heard anything bar one email from pre reg in December 1st
Old 14-04-2011, 16:32   #1448
cozmic1988
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media's VIVID 200 + Full House XL
cozmic1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manster62 View Post
You're very lucky - I'm having a terrible time and it seems I'm going to have to wait three weeks.
You're lucky getting three weeks. I've just been told 12th May. That's a month!!!
Old 14-04-2011, 16:41   #1449
Gunslinger
cf.addict

Services: VM XL, Tivo, BB, Prime, Now TV, Tennis TV
Gunslinger is on a distinguished roadGunslinger is on a distinguished road

Just had my confirmation email, having ordered online on Tuesday.

As we needed to keep the Easter/Bank Holiday period completely clear, I had requested 9 May install date. (After all it's only a TV box, what's another couple of weeks - some people do have a life!). Also the immediate panic and rush might have died down, and the techs hopefully got more experienced at doing the installs, but we still avoid the £40 install fee.

Annoyingly, the date of the install came back as 30 April, which we definitely can't do. What is the point of giving customers a date EARLIER than the one they requested?

(Have subsequently telephoned in and changed to 10th May. Apparently if your requested date is not available, the system automatically schedules in the first available 'free' slot).

Also then mysteriously received an email (in my spam folder) from 'Virgin Media Entertainment' saying "You're in! Your new premium TV channels are on their way" - what is that all about, we already have the Sky Sports / Movies HD selection, and nothing has been changed?
Old 14-04-2011, 16:49   #1450
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
Just had my confirmation email, having ordered online on Tuesday.

As we needed to keep the Easter/Bank Holiday period completely clear, I had requested 9 May install date. (After all it's only a TV box, what's another couple of weeks - some people do have a life!). Also the immediate panic and rush might have died down, and the techs hopefully got more experienced at doing the installs, but we still avoid the £40 install fee.

Annoyingly, the date of the install came back as 30 April, which we definitely can't do. What is the point of giving customers a date EARLIER than the one they requested?

(Have subsequently telephoned in and changed to 10th May. Apparently if your requested date is not available, the system automatically schedules in the first available 'free' slot).

Also then mysteriously received an email (in my spam folder) from 'Virgin Media Entertainment' saying "You're in! Your new premium TV channels are on their way" - what is that all about, we already have the Sky Sports / Movies HD selection, and nothing has been changed?
Hi Gunslinger. What time on Tuesday did you order?

Thanks.
Old 14-04-2011, 16:51   #1451
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmic1988 View Post
You're lucky getting three weeks. I've just been told 12th May. That's a month!!!
My date for install is next week on the 20th of April so l must have been quite lucky with date.
Old 14-04-2011, 16:56   #1452
cozmic1988
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media's VIVID 200 + Full House XL
cozmic1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My date for install is next week on the 20th of April so l must have been quite lucky with date.
I guess Brighton's really into TiVo, lol. Can't believe I've got to wait another month. Was all set to have it next week!
Old 14-04-2011, 16:58   #1453
warrenb
cf.addict

Services: VIP50 + 2 Virgin Mobiles + Mobile Broadband
warrenb is an unknown quantity at this point

I am guessing that most VIP people got the phone number to call, probably to discuss box swaps etc and everybody else got the Online booking form.
Old 14-04-2011, 17:01   #1454
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

This is a looooong thread. Is there anyone able to summarise the main pints of what has been discussed to save others having to read through the whole thread? And possibly make a sticky post?
Old 14-04-2011, 17:03   #1455
windy
Inactive

Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD Samsung Galaxy s3
windy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My install in on the 19th april between 1pm-6pm.
Closed Thread