Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 23-11-2013, 16:23   #1441
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Yes

PS. Snoopz you drivatar is a cheating so and so. Coner cutting all the time and even worse corner cuts the last corner which ends up passing me, gggrrrrrrr
Lol it was my first game, still no idea what i was doing and understand how it works i wasn't even playing multiplayer.
Old 23-11-2013, 16:47   #1442
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Has anyone got the TV feature working?
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 16:48   #1443
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Which TV feature? If you mean can i watch TV through my Xbox, then yes i can but i can't change channels as we all know that isn't supported in the UK yet.
Old 23-11-2013, 17:00   #1444
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I have put in a Blu Ray film and when you bring up info on the Xbox to shows resolution, audio details, bit rate, etc, it shows the film was using DTS-HD codec. When i changed the audio in the film settings in then changed to DTS so from that i assume it is decoding it but the AMP still shows as LPCM which it did this with my old PS3 Phat as the PSŁ did the decoding and then sent it to them AMP instead of sending the codec to the AMP for the AMP to decode. Means i dont get to see the pretty lights on the AMP that says DTS-HD, DTS-MA etc
Good to know

Hopefully it will get full bitstream output support added, as not every HDMI AV receiver can handle uncompressed multichannel LPCM, AFAIK.

Of course, I'm still using optical myself anyway... really should get a new receiver at some point so I can have HD audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Can we launch individual games using voice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
Yes but you have to say the full title , works a treat
Yeah. It's annoying having to say the full name, though. Quicker to just click on the tile for Forza 5 than say "Xbox, go to Forza Motorsport Five".

Quote:
Yes

PS. Snoopz you drivatar is a cheating so and so. Coner cutting all the time and even worse corner cuts the last corner which ends up passing me, gggrrrrrrr
I apologise in advance for the behaviour of my Drivatar

I am an awful driver...

Quote:
Yep, although Mrs D was not happy with needing to have the Xbox on every time she watched Sky so I swapped it out and am just passing the Apple TV through the HDMI in instead.

It's limited in the UK because we don't have the One Guide with full guide integration and STB control.

But as a straight passthrough it works well, and the ability to have notifications pop up when watching TV, or to use another app and have TV snapped to the side, is quite cool.

It's just a pity that it is not a passive passthrough. Great if you live on your own or have the Xbox and Sky box hooked up to your own personal TV and not a family/household TV. But if you don't...Needing to have the Xbox turned on every time you want to watch TV is obviously annoying for anyone who does not give a crap about using the Xbox, does not want to waste energy on another device, does not want to talk to the Xbox, and does not want to use yet another controller in addition to the TV and Sky remotes.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 17:06   #1445
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Going off Bulky's recording. 1.6gb per hour at 720p, isn't that bad at all. Make it a gold only feature. Allow removal of the file via USB.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 17:08   #1446
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Does anyone know if the lack of passive pass through is a hardware issue or can it be fixed in a software update?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 17:13   #1447
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Good to know

Hopefully it will get full bitstream output support added, as not every HDMI AV receiver can handle uncompressed multichannel LPCM, AFAIK.

Of course, I'm still using optical myself anyway... really should get a new receiver at some point so I can have HD audio.

Yeah. It's annoying having to say the full name, though. Quicker to just click on the tile for Forza 5 than say "Xbox, go to Forza Motorsport Five".

I apologise in advance for the behaviour of my Drivatar

I am an awful driver...

Yep, although Mrs D was not happy with needing to have the Xbox on every time she watched Sky so I swapped it out and am just passing the Apple TV through the HDMI in instead.

It's limited in the UK because we don't have the One Guide with full guide integration and STB control.

But as a straight passthrough it works well, and the ability to have notifications pop up when watching TV, or to use another app and have TV snapped to the side, is quite cool.

It's just a pity that it is not a passive passthrough. Great if you live on your own or have the Xbox and Sky box hooked up to your own personal TV and not a family/household TV. But if you don't...Needing to have the Xbox turned on every time you want to watch TV is obviously annoying for anyone who does not give a crap about using the Xbox, does not want to waste energy on another device, does not want to talk to the Xbox, and does not want to use yet another controller in addition to the TV and Sky remotes.
Although we will get the one guide in 2014, will we be also able to watch things we've recorded via sky +?
Old 23-11-2013, 17:18   #1448
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Although we will get the one guide in 2014, will we be also able to watch things we've recorded via sky +?
You still have full control of your Sky box using its remote, you just watch it through the X1s HDMI port, so yes you can everything you currently do now.

Have you not connected your Sky box up through the X1 to test it?
Old 23-11-2013, 17:37   #1449
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Yep got it hooked up now. What I meant was will we have full control via the one guide when it's released?
Old 23-11-2013, 17:46   #1450
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Yep got it hooked up now. What I meant was will we have full control via the one guide when it's released?
We can only hope so and i have Virgin with V+, it could be a year or so before i would be able to say 'Xbox Watch Sfy HD' and for it to work, at the end of the day though all that command would need to do to make that work would be for it to be linked to the remote code for channel 165 so hopefully it'll happen sooner rather than later.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Does anyone else occasionally have their TV picture freeze for a second or 2 with their X1?
Old 23-11-2013, 18:40   #1451
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Does anyone else occasionally have their TV picture freeze for a second or 2 with their X1?
Yes me and sometimes the sound doesnt come on for a few secs afterwards
Old 23-11-2013, 19:06   #1452
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Does anyone know if the lack of passive pass through is a hardware issue or can it be fixed in a software update?
It would be great if they could add it.

I'm doubtful, though, as the way it's intended to work means the signal can't just go straight through - the Xbox One has to process it in some way because of the overlays etc. You can tell it isn't simply going straight through unmolested by the way it looks... darker... than if connected directly.

Quote:
We can only hope so and i have Virgin with V+, it could be a year or so before i would be able to say 'Xbox Watch Sfy HD' and for it to work, at the end of the day though all that command would need to do to make that work would be for it to be linked to the remote code for channel 165 so hopefully it'll happen sooner rather than later.
I think that's how it is in the US, where the One Guide allows full channel control by using the Kinect to mimic the STB remote. I don't know though if they also have planner control, or if it's only any use for live TV.

Theoretically, though, MS could go far further than that in the UK... if they had the full support of Sky and Virgin Media.

Sky and Virgin both have mobile apps available that allow you to use your phone or tablet to control a Sky+HD box / VM TiVo, and access the EPG to view listings / change channels / set recordings, and access the planner to see what has been recorded and choose to playback something...

Now imagine if Sky and VM made similar apps for the Xbox One? You could view the Sky+HD/TiVo output through the passthrough, and then use the app on the Xbox One (with voice control of course) to *fully* control the STB...

Quote:
Quote:
Yes me and sometimes the sound doesnt come on for a few secs afterwards
Same here.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 19:09   #1453
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I thought I'd replied to someone earlier but hadn't. The invisible ball in fifa is just one of the everlasting list of fifa bugs and not your Xbox
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 19:13   #1454
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
I thought I'd replied to someone earlier but hadn't. The invisible ball in fifa is just one of the everlasting list of fifa bugs and not your Xbox
Thank goodness its not just me. I havnt seen it since i restarted Fifa.

On a side note, does anyone know how to fully restart a game? Only way i know at moment is to start another game and then go back to game i was in
Old 23-11-2013, 19:22   #1455
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Thank goodness its not just me. I havnt seen it since i restarted Fifa.

On a side note, does anyone know how to fully restart a game? Only way i know at moment is to start another game and then go back to game i was in
If you press start on the last thing you ran which is in the big tile then you can quit it fully. Do that then just play it again.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote