Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2015/2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2015/2016

Old 29-02-2016, 20:35   #1441
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: Football Season 2015/2016

I think the PL title, is now a two legged race. Its between Tottenham and Leicester.

Arsenal, are doing there usual by cracking. For TWO Arsenal former players to say that Wenger, should resign. Says something.

And what about Walcott, cannot even get a starting place.

I think that when Spurs play Arsenal on Saturday. Arsenal will have to go up two gears to beat Spurs.

I think that this is the game that will decide the title race.

I have been a Spurs fan all my life. And this is the first time that l can see things happen.

IF, we don't win the PL, then top four will be brilliant. Spurs have a young squad and are playing with passion.

In Arsenal, they should have bought big, in the transfer window.

I know that everyone, knows that l am a Spurs fan. I believe that the race with go to the wire, and it will end up, that the top two will end up on the SAME points, and it will go on GOAL DIFFERENCE

I have even taken the day off work to watch the game on telly

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsene-wenger-must-sacked-arsenal-7465865#rlabs=2%20rt$sitewide%20p$1
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2016, 16:50   #1442
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Adam Johnson found guilty of 3 out of 4 charges and a custodial sentence is inevitable. Shame.

Are Sunderland going to cough up anytime soon about them playing a child groomer despite admitting his guilt to both the police and Sunderland in the same week of his arrest. Or are we just ignoring that there was a known child groomer playing football on TV? Justice done? I couldn't have been more supportive of Sunderland when they sacked him but to then reveal they knew all along is pretty despicable.

Edit: Nevermind it appears people don't just forget http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/spo...-offences.html
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 16:52   #1443
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Adam Johnson found guilty of 3 out of 4 charges and a custodial sentence is inevitable. Shame.

Are Sunderland going to cough up anytime soon about them playing a child groomer despite admitting his guilt to both the police and Sunderland in the same week of his arrest. Or are we just ignoring that there was a known child groomer playing football on TV? Justice done? I couldn't have been more supportive of Sunderland when they sacked him but to then reveal they knew all along is pretty despicable.

Quote:
Statement from Sunderland AFC.

To respect the legal process, Sunderland AFC was unable to comment on this case until after the jury had delivered its verdict. It has now done so and we thank our supporters for their patience and understanding. We now wish to clarify certain matters which arose during the trial.

Mr. Johnson was suspended by the club immediately following his arrest on March 2, 2015. At that time, the club was advised by police of the broad nature of the allegations against Mr. Johnson, who was being advised at all times by his own legal team. The club felt that the decision to suspend was appropriate at that time, even though he had not then been charged with any offence. Two weeks later, his suspension was lifted after a meeting between the club and the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA), and after the club took independent legal advice. The club reached this decision only after carrying out a safeguarding assessment and liaising with relevant agencies.

On 23 April 2015, Mr. Johnson was charged with four offences. The club was informed that it was Mr. Johnson’s intention to defend all the charges, a stance he maintained right up until the first day of trial. The club continued to review the safeguarding procedures it had put in place throughout this time.

On 4 May 2015, an introductory meeting took place between Mr. Johnson, his father and Orlando Pownall QC. Mr. Pownall had not previously met Mr. Johnson. The club’s CEO was present during part of that meeting. During the time that she was present there was no suggestion whatsoever that Mr. Johnson would be changing his plea. Some documents were received relating to the case, which were immediately sent to Mr. Pownall for his attention. However, the club was not in a position to make any judgment on the outcome of the case nor on Mr. Johnson’s decision to defend all the allegations. Following that meeting, Mr. Johnson again confirmed to the club, presumably on advice from his own legal team, that his intention was to defend the charges in their entirety and he was confident of success once all evidence had been considered. He subsequently entered not guilty pleas to all charges on 6 June 2015.

The club did not give evidence either for the prosecution or the defence in this case. It was therefore not present in court when it is understood that a suggestion was made that the club knew all along that Mr. Johnson was intending to change his plea just before trial to enable him to continue to play football for the club and that the club may also have been involved in tactical discussions about the plea. This is utterly without foundation and is refuted in the strongest possible terms. The club never placed any pressure or demands on Mr. Johnson to play football during this process. Decisions in relation to the pleas and the conduct of the trial have been left entirely to Mr. Johnson and his highly experienced and skilled legal team. Mr. Johnson has admitted in evidence that he changed his plea “on legal advice”.

The club only became aware of the change of plea, in relation to two of the four counts on the indictment, on the first day of the trial, after hearing it reported through the media. The club was not advised in advance that Mr. Johnson would plead guilty to any offence. Had the club known that Mr. Johnson intended to plead guilty to any of these charges, then his employment would have been terminated immediately. Indeed, upon learning of the guilty plea on 11 February 2016, the club acted quickly and decisively in terminating Adam Johnson’s contract without notice.

This has been an extremely difficult time for all involved. The victim and her family have endured an unimaginable ordeal in the last 12 months and we trust that they will now be allowed to move on with their lives without further intrusion or public scrutiny.

Following the announcement of today’s verdict and the release of this detailed statement, the club intends to make no further comment.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 20:36   #1444
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Awesome, ''He said'' and ''He said'' I can't think of many reasons for Johnson to lie but saying that I can't think of any reason to want to knock off a 15 year old schoolgirl either. I'm more inclined to believe Sunderland

I heard they released a statement shortly after but just read it on your post instead. What happens from here? They just let this big go as the above? One word against another? Or could Sunderland be in trouble if they're found out to be the liars? Same applies to Johnson if he's full of it?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...nd-must-answer

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Speaking of depressing things, It's 0-0 at Stoke and we're playing the tested 9-0-1 formation.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 21:19   #1445
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Good grief Arsenal's season is getting worse by the day.
Old 02-03-2016, 21:57   #1446
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I've had several Arsenal fans say Spurs will win the league, and beat Arsenal on Saturday.

But i don't honestly know, I mean West Ham beat us tonight ain't going to help, but as Arsenal lost it means regardless of the result on Saturday we will still ne 2nd.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 22:24   #1447
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

What is it about February/March time that makes Arsenal fall apart? Title is now Leicester's to lose effectively.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 22:42   #1448
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Bloody cold at OT tonight, not a great game but three points is all that matters. Checking the other scores warmed me up no end.

BTW Arthur, I think you mean a two horse race, not a two legged race.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:01   #1449
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Oh Arsenal.....lol

BBking would be so welcome to return about now.....
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:11   #1450
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Bloody cold at OT tonight, not a great game but three points is all that matters. Checking the other scores warmed me up no end.

BTW Arthur, I think you mean a two horse race, not a two legged race.
Crikey you are now level on points with your noisy neighbours now.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:26   #1451
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Crikey you are now level on points with your noisy neighbours now.
Had to chuckle at the excuse from Pellegrini, "we were tired". He must have totally forgotten that it was Liverpool they couldn't beat after 120 minutes on Sunday, a Liverpool team that had a days less rest than them before the final as well.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:44   #1452
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Had to chuckle at the excuse from Pellegrini, "we were tired". He must have totally forgotten that it was Liverpool they couldn't beat after 120 minutes on Sunday, a Liverpool team that had a days less rest than them before the final as well.
Yes l thought to myself as well when he said it in that well we played 120 minutes as well so for him to use that excuse was utterly laughable.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:20   #1453
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Awesome, ''He said'' and ''He said'' I can't think of many reasons for Johnson to lie but saying that I can't think of any reason to want to knock off a 15 year old schoolgirl either. I'm more inclined to believe Sunderland

I heard they released a statement shortly after but just read it on your post instead. What happens from here? They just let this big go as the above? One word against another? Or could Sunderland be in trouble if they're found out to be the liars? Same applies to Johnson if he's full of it?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...nd-must-answer

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Speaking of depressing things, It's 0-0 at Stoke and we're playing the tested 9-0-1 formation.
I would think the statement Sunderland have made is all fact. I would find it highly unlikely they would've kept him on if they knew he was going to plead guilty but you can see why Johnson would lie to them to keep on playing and earning a wage. Surely the club would know the repercussions of employing someone who has admitted to child abuse? Why would they risk keeping him?
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 17:47   #1454
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Just found out the second leg at OT is a Thursday night 6.00pm kick off, that will be fun in the rush hour.
Fixed it for you old boy.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/03...-off-put-back/
Old 03-03-2016, 19:53   #1455
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Common sense prevails, the local council complained as well as both clubs, with it being St Patricks Day as well it would have been chaos.

I did choke on my tea night before last when 1st4fans United app on my phone had the kick off at 9.05pm.