Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 24-06-2007, 03:16   #1396
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Hot Fuzz

(late showing at the "Cambridge Picture House")

By the Power of Greyskull!

Excellent

9/10

Great cast too...some familiar people (Timothy "Bond / Prince Barin" Dalton, Bill Nighy, Jim Broadbent, Bill Bailey, Steve Coogan, etc.), plus also "Sophie" from Peep Show & some randoms like Adam from the Adam & Joe Show, & the guy who played "Simon Quinlank" (& more) from Lee & Herring.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-06-2007, 08:42   #1397
Sirpingalot
Inactive

Services: VM 20Mb BB
Sirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Hot Fuzz

(late showing at the "Cambridge Picture House")

By the Power of Greyskull!

Excellent

9/10

Great cast too...some familiar people (Timothy "Bond / Prince Barin" Dalton, Bill Nighy, Jim Broadbent, Bill Bailey, Steve Coogan, etc.), plus also "Sophie" from Peep Show & some randoms like Adam from the Adam & Joe Show, & the guy who played "Simon Quinlank" (& more) from Lee & Herring.
Can't agree more. Hot Fuzz was a fantastic film. Was funny too
Sirpingalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 12:54   #1398
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirpingalot View Post
Did you watch it all the way through? It turns out well. I also approve of this film. 8/10 from me too.
Yeah, but it was still quite a sad movie... Worthy, but sad..

Anyhoo - Oceans 13.

Great Sunday night cinema material - couldn't fault it, funny, entertaining and put a smile on my face. A 9/10

Somebody told me that in all 3 movies, in every scene Brad Pitt is either eating or drinking, i cant comment on one or two as i wasnt looking for it but in 13 he is.. Why???
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 13:28   #1399
xpod
Inactive

Services: TV,Phone & BB
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal

I watched 28 Days Later on TV last night for the first time,the wife run off to bed as the machettes came out and arms came off but regardless of that i actually enjoyed the movie.....albeit on me own
I think it`s the first time i`ve seen a zombie like film where the bloody zombies could run as fast as the un-affected though.

I had to drag myself out of bed at 4 for work this morning and driving through London was a just wee bit earie to say the least.

Going to watch 28 weeks later ...later.
xpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 13:39   #1400
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Well, I watched the original Japanese "The Ring" last night. Excellent film. Well acted (although the leading lady seemed to be scared the whole time, I think this was deliberate). I didn't think it was that scary until I heard something move in the house (something fell over outside my room), and then I almost.. Well, what I almost did would be blocked by the swear filter if I typed it.

9/10.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 11:43   #1401
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpod View Post
I watched 28 Days Later on TV last night for the first time,the wife run off to bed as the machettes came out and arms came off but regardless of that i actually enjoyed the movie.....albeit on me own
I think it`s the first time i`ve seen a zombie like film where the bloody zombies could run as fast as the un-affected though.

I had to drag myself out of bed at 4 for work this morning and driving through London was a just wee bit earie to say the least.

Going to watch 28 weeks later ...later.
Get hold of a copy of the the remake of Dawn of the Dead, immeasurably superior film also with "fast" zombies.
Old 29-06-2007, 16:13   #1402
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Last king of scotland 2/10
Really dull. "In my country" and "Blood diamond" were both so much better for different reasons.
Really didn't care about the main charactor. Forest Whitaker really needs to get his eyelids sorted out.
The only interesting bit for me was the Israeli hostages and that was only because it reminded me of Raid on Entebbe with Charles Bronson (6/10)

Confetti 6/10
Actually not bad, there was nothing else to watch so gave it a go. The wedding organisers are fantastic, and there are a few funnny moments.
Definitely a veg out movie if there's nothing better on, and the end is good.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 17:01   #1403
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Going to see Shrek 3 tonight
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 18:40   #1404
paulius55
Inactive

Services: 4M BB NTL Digital/phone
paulius55 is on a distinguished roadpaulius55 is on a distinguished road

Hot Fuzz. 8/10
paulius55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 22:18   #1405
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulius55 View Post
Hot Fuzz. 8/10
Watched that this afternoon, i'll give it an 8/10 too.

Not as funny as I was led to believe but great never the less.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 22:42   #1406
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Watched that this afternoon, i'll give it an 8/10 too.

Not as funny as I was led to believe but great never the less.
Typically British humour, very funny 9/10
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 23:55   #1407
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The Matrix (HD DVD)

Been a few years since I last watched The Matrix.

Still awesome

9.5/10

I'll be watching Reloaded & Revolutions over the weekend... I'm hoping they're not actually as bad as I remember....
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 01:37   #1408
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Going to see Shrek 3 tonight
Went to see that myself too, Was very good, found myself constantly laughing (even if it wasnt exactly belly laughter). Though I still think Shrek 2 was better. 8/10.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:57   #1409
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I would also give it 8/10 I thought the second one was a bit of a let down but Shrek 3 was good
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:52   #1410
xpod
Inactive

Services: TV,Phone & BB
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Get hold of a copy of the the remake of Dawn of the Dead, immeasurably superior film also with "fast" zombies.
I`ll give it a wee look once my connection is capable of handling "fast" zombies again
xpod is offline   Reply With Quote