Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snow !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Snow !

Old 05-01-2010, 19:46   #1381
Down the Pub
Inactive

Services: Phone/TV/50meg
Down the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [Merged] Snow!

well it's stopped here for now, outside is like a bleedin ice rink - which i doubt will get much better with temps of -5 due tonight.

so not looking like i'll get anywhere near the office tomorrow. i left the office in wirral at 2 and got home about 5, a grand total of 30 miles. and the smeggin idiots were still out.

on the m53 it filters down from 3 lanes to 2 just before ellesmere port - 2 inside lanes heavy with slush and lane 3 with slush and fresh snow. so as everyone slows down to filter (well as slow down as you can from 30-35) a bloody car transporter flies past in the fast lane doin 50-60 leaving my van covered in dirty slush (it was nice white snow). trouble was everyone else started then.
Down the Pub is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2010, 19:52   #1382
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
I'll lose 2 & a half hours pay, rather get home at half 3 than half 6.

The A617 between Blidworth\Rainworth & the Widdicome fair was quite bad earlier and the idiocy of some drivers beggars belief.

Tesco was deserted, it was quite nice to scoot round in a couple of minutes.
The car park looked empty when I walked past at about 2:30, Mansfield was just as bad, I got dropped in Mansfield near the Red, walked through the bus station and the four seasons, 75% of the shops were closed. All the Stagecoach busses that I saw were displaying "sorry not in service", and going back to the bus depot. Oddly enough, Trent Barton seem to be able to operate normally.

Oak Tree Lane was just standing slush. Jubilee Way, was(and still is) awful.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 20:26   #1383
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

We went into the village this afternoon and it was eerily quiet. It looked so nice we went back for cameras and tripod. Here's my attempts to capture the ethereal feel:

It was well weird to be able to set up my tripod in the middle of the road and casually take several pictures - during the rush hour! Just as we arrived, Mr Norbert stuck on a very slight slope and was unable to go forwards or back. Unfortunately he was right across a junction - and with a full load of something noxious. On the other side of that fence is the Manchester Ship Canal. For the first time in my memory it was frozen over completely - and we've lived here over 25 years.
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 20:29   #1384
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by altis View Post
Went into the village this afternoon and it was eerily quiet. It looked so nice we went back for cameras and tripod. Here's my attempts to capture the etherial feel:

It was well weird to be able to set up my tripod in the middle of the road and casually take several pictures - during the rush hour! Just as we arrived, Mr Norbert stuck on a very slight slope and was unable to go forwards or back. Unfortunately he was right across a junction - and with a full load of something noxious.
Wow!!!!! Great pics mate!
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 20:53   #1385
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I am surprised as this village usually is sheltered geographically from the worst of the snow.But it's here and it's 3 inches thick and it's still snowing.
Old 05-01-2010, 21:24   #1386
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

I can't believe that they've already thrown in the towel and cancelled loads of tommorrow's train services in Surrey. We've only just about got a dusting of snow. Pathetic.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 21:30   #1387
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

No snow here yet (in 'The East'), although we're probably not due it until tomorrow afternoon anyway.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 21:57   #1388
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Well in Harlow (CM20) the 16" of snow has yet to appear.

Mind you it will proberly dump it over night.

I will trek my way to sign on tomorrow, and if they ain't open I will raise hell.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 22:09   #1389
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Coming down thick in Tonbridge.....
Old 05-01-2010, 23:35   #1390
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Thanks for the kind words folks.

Now here's the view thru Mrs A's eye. She prefers detail to 'views'. Note that these are all hand-held - pretty impressive! Unfortunately, her camera is still running on summer time.

altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 23:37   #1391
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

All I can say is that you've both got amazing eyes for pictures.

Very nice shots, both yours and Mrs A's
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 23:50   #1392
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Well, just put me bins out. Got maybe a couple of inches of snow..

Oddly, this afternoon/evening (when the weather was no worse than it's been for a couple of weeks), the trains were totally messed up. Now we have heavy snow and when I last checked (about 30 minutes ago), the trains on my local line were fine..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 00:50   #1393
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

No new snow here yet
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:04   #1394
iain_herts
Ex SKY Engineer

Services: 2x sky+ /sky16Mb/bt phone
iain_herts has reached the bronze age
iain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to iain_herts

well we got about 2 inch off snow in south herts atm and its still snowing
Old 06-01-2010, 07:04   #1395
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

We have had another 2" overnight I don't think its worth my while spending maybe hour or more trying to get my car off the estate and onto some reasonable roads.

Therefore a day off today May even venture out with the camera.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote