Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snow !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Snow !

Old 05-01-2010, 01:05   #1351
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie
Re: [Merged] Snow!

OMG i just woke up after a nap and thought "why is the sky orange" then i saw the snow! its so gorgeous! its gonna be so thick!
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2010, 01:55   #1352
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Snow has been falling here in Salford (on and off) for most of yesterday and today. Life, for some, is going to be mayhem. Absolute mayhem I tell you!
Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:45   #1353
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

If this is global warming I'm going to put some more coal on the fire.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:24   #1354
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Shot this at 6:00am - Notice the heavy telephone lines! I've just looked out of the window and it's still falling.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:57   #1355
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal

About 3 cars broke down all at the same time! poors guys.

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

Oh and now a bus is stranded
Old 05-01-2010, 09:29   #1356
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

That looks like it does up here, and it's snowing heavy again, just talked to someone on the A1 southbound, and it's down to 2 lanes with the ploughs out at Wetherby, so take it easy 'if' you 'have' to go out today.
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:32   #1357
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Leicester has about 2 or 3 inches of the stuff - looks nice too

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:41   #1358
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Spent a week up in Scotland last week. The snow was amazing - lots of it, proper crisp snow, not slush. Loved it.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:48   #1359
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

It was still snowing here when I went to bed to bed at 6am and we still appear to be getting a light downfall although it's nearer to rain than snowflakes now.

The sparrows have remembered we had loads of fat ball strung on our trees so they seem to be happy.

The railway station is doing a roaring trade ...well for the one stopping train an hour that uses our line. Seems strange to see all the commuters arriving on foot rather than risk driving to the station, so far there have only been a couple of cars that have braved the roads around me. The roads are, in the main still pristine snow.

Last edited by joglynne; 12-09-2017 at 20:41.
joglynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:56   #1360
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

We have had our first significant snowfall of the winter overnight. There has been plenty down the road from here, but where we're located, the Loch keeps things a couple of degrees warmer than everywhere else, and that's been enough to keep it clear. Not any more though, and last night's snow has fallen on top of ice, which is sitting on top of an un-gritted road...

Needless to say we got the Jimny out to do the school run this morning.

We left our camera at the in-laws on New Year's Day, but after our fuel delivery has arrived I may take the video camera up the hillside and then post you all a clip.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:47   #1361
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Look what i made! who said snow was for kids! his name is Fred... Fred the snowman
Old 05-01-2010, 10:50   #1362
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Product 13 View Post
Shot this at 6:00am - Notice the heavy telephone lines! I've just looked out of the window and it's still falling.

years ago I had a phoneline come down on my head that was caused by snow lol
Old 05-01-2010, 11:31   #1363
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

It seems the council are closing all the schools in the area, their twitter feed is going mad with details. http://twitter.com/SwanseaCouncil. There is some snow falling here in the town center but it doesn't appear to be sticking, I'm told the outlying areas are much worse.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:00   #1364
Pedro H
Inactive

Services: Sky
Pedro H is an unknown quantity at this point

We've not had this amount of snow for over 30 years my village has stopped the local shop's shelves are empty no newspapers no Sky (the dish is full of snow) and it's forecast it to continue. HELP!!! P.S. Good job we've got global warming or we would be in a mess!!
Pedro H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:29   #1365
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

Been sent home from work early due to the snow. Cycling home through 6 inches of the stuff was fun

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote