Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2011, 07:28   #1351
HandsOfBlue
Inactive

Services: VIP50 TIVO
HandsOfBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Those on the VIP packages should already have 2 boxes, so there shouldn't be an extra charge to keep the V+ box, assuming you don't end up with 3 boxes as a result.
Advertisement
Old 14-04-2011, 07:53   #1352
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

Got my install date this morning, im being installed on 27/04/11 1PM6PM.

Thanks DF for all your help cant wait now for install im going to lose a days money as am ment to be working that day but thats life. Thanks again.
Old 14-04-2011, 07:57   #1353
lawe
cf.member

Services: 200mb Gamer, 3 Sim, Sky+/Netflix
lawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the rough

Ok another "Not got the email" post, but what time of the day did you guys get the email?
I'm on a retention deal so I would assume this complicates things a little.
Old 14-04-2011, 08:04   #1354
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Confirmation of my install just arrived - 27th April between 10-2.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 14-04-2011, 08:09   #1355
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Me to for 27 April between 8-1 but I also got a 2nd email about asking to add premium channels to my account. Is this cos I asked to keep the V+?
Old 14-04-2011, 08:41   #1356
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsOfBlue View Post
Those on the VIP packages should already have 2 boxes, so there shouldn't be an extra charge to keep the V+ box, assuming you don't end up with 3 boxes as a result.
True, but I don't see how that fits the scenario described by Groo. He was going to swap one box for tivo but is now keeping that box as well as getting Tivo Whtever package he's on, that gives him an extra box.
Old 14-04-2011, 08:45   #1357
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
And there were those doubters who said it wasn't a box that would interest too many people, saying it would appeal only to the TV tech, geek type people!

VM have a real winner here; it will be even more popular when baby Tivo launches in my view.
indeed

---------- Post added at 08:45 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
Yes I've been charged multi for keeping my V+. Virgin do themselves no favours by doing this. Just causes resentment for not being consistant. I'm going to call them back now and make a nuisance of myself.
If you previously didn't have multi-room, then there will be an offer to keep your existing box for free.

You should get a 'phone call about it in the coming days from sales. I don't think you can request it.
Old 14-04-2011, 08:52   #1358
nick_f
Inactive

nick_f is an unknown quantity at this point

FAO Digital "bloody" Fantastic!
I have a TiVo install booked in for Friday the 22nd to swap my V+ for TiVo, I wasn't told about the free multiroom option how do I go about adding it to order?

Many thanks nick
Old 14-04-2011, 08:54   #1359
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_f View Post
FAO Digital "bloody" Fantastic!
I have a TiVo install booked in for Friday the 22nd to swap my V+ for TiVo, I wasn't told about the free multiroom option how do I go about adding it to order?

Many thanks nick
Sales should contact you in the coming days to offer you the deal.
Old 14-04-2011, 08:56   #1360
UnStable
cf.member

UnStable is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsOfBlue View Post
Had my Tivo installed yesterday and kept my Samsung V+ box, can't believe the confusion this caused despite explaining clearly and patiently several times when I ordered it. Install guy had to deactivate the V+ box or something and then passed me over to some woman on the phone who was adamant I'd have to pay an additional £3 a month to keep the V+ box even though I'm on VIP50.
Installers then left before checking V+ was up and running properly (probably in a hurry due to delays with my install) only to find I only had the basic freeview channels on it. 2 hours later and lots of faffing about getting serial numbers off the box and the card it was finally all sorted.
Will not be a happy bunny if I see they really are going to stick £3 a month extra on my bill for keeping the V+ box
Old 14-04-2011, 09:01   #1361
nick_f
Inactive

nick_f is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Sales should contact you in the coming days to offer you the deal.
Cheers DF is this a TiVo wide deal? Do they want rid of the V+s?
Would this be covered in £149 fee?
Sorry for the questions!
Old 14-04-2011, 09:11   #1362
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Just a quick question, I'm getting TiVo on installed on Friday (oh yes) and am having my SA V+ moved upstairs. Now my SA has been getting worse and worse over the last few months, rebooting, freezing and loosing partnership with the remote. So my question is, when I get installed can I get my SA swapped at the same time, do I need to get onto VM or can the engineer organise it?

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
indeed
If you previously didn't have multi-room, then there will be an offer to keep your existing box for free.

You should get a 'phone call about it in the coming days from sales. I don't think you can request it.
Is that for XL customers?
Old 14-04-2011, 09:18   #1363
whoareyou
Inactive

Services: V+. Tivo (soon). BB XL.
whoareyou is on a distinguished roadwhoareyou is on a distinguished road

For those who recieved dates this morning, wheb did you place your order?
Old 14-04-2011, 09:27   #1364
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_f View Post
Cheers DF is this a TiVo wide deal? Do they want rid of the V+s?
Would this be covered in £149 fee?
Sorry for the questions!
It's to relocate your existing box, yes it's included in cost.

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
Just a quick question, I'm getting TiVo on installed on Friday (oh yes) and am having my SA V+ moved upstairs. Now my SA has been getting worse and worse over the last few months, rebooting, freezing and loosing partnership with the remote. So my question is, when I get installed can I get my SA swapped at the same time, do I need to get onto VM or can the engineer organise it?

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

Is that for XL customers?
XL and above, yes.

speak to the engineer, he will make the decision if he feels it needs swapping out.
Old 14-04-2011, 09:28   #1365
tigglepig
Inactive

Services: VIP50
tigglepig is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I had my TIVO installed yesterday and I can't believe how much faster it is over my old SA box. Kids have already got to grips with thumbs up although I fear we may have a box full of suggestions based around CBeebies and CBBC programs in a weeks time!

I had to be out all day so the wife and kids were in for the installation and when I got home my wife said she couldn't believe how polite, efficient and enthusiastic the engineer was. He clearly explained everything, spent time talking to the (young) kids and did an excellent job. It quite unfortunate that this kind of service is the exception these days but Virgin get a huge thumbs up from me for this engineer. Is there any process at Virgin for me to pass on my thanks to this engineer?
Closed Thread