Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 13:01   #1321
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
It's more History than the History channel!
hahaha excellent comment!
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2015, 15:54   #1322
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
hahaha excellent comment!
Netflix US adds the previous seasons of a good number of shows just before the current season starts.

So it may be history but it is extremely recent history in a lot of cases.

UK Netflix may do the same, I'm just not as familiar with it.

Some Netflix regions have deals with US networks to air certain shows episodes a few days after the US broadcast date. E.g. Canada with The 100 and Netherlands with Nashville.

Also, as has been mentioned, there are Netflix's own shows.

Netflix is no longer a service just providing "Yesterday's shows".
Old 08-02-2015, 19:59   #1323
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Better call Saul episode 1 added to Netflix UK tomorrow with the second episode added the day after. All the following episodes will be added at 7am every Tuesday.
Old 08-02-2015, 20:06   #1324
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Hope my Netflix account is safe, my sister was using a friend's account to watch Pretty Little Liars but the friend is watching it from the start so her and my sister keep clashing on what episode to watch. I setup a profile under mine for my sister to use and so she is finishing the last series this week.
Old 08-02-2015, 20:13   #1325
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Hope my Netflix account is safe, my sister was using a friend's account to watch Pretty Little Liars but the friend is watching it from the start so her and my sister keep clashing on what episode to watch. I setup a profile under mine for my sister to use and so she is finishing the last series this week.
Yeah your account will be fine you are allowed upto 5 profiles on one account. All accounts allow 5 users however how many can stream at the same time depends on your netflix package. The top pack is £8.99p/m which allows 4 streams at once, £6.99p/m 2 streams at once and £5.99 1 stream at once and sd only.
Old 08-02-2015, 20:22   #1326
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Thanks., just checked and I have the 2 streams for £5.99, which I believe the existing customers got locked in at and only new ones pay £6.99
Old 08-02-2015, 23:21   #1327
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Thanks., just checked and I have the 2 streams for £5.99, which I believe the existing customers got locked in at and only new ones pay £6.99
That's correct yes i'm on 2 streams for £5.99. I've been with Netflix since day 1 though lol.
Old 09-02-2015, 00:23   #1328
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Only trouble is, I was watching US Netflix on the xBox One and now she has started watching the UK Netflix I cannot get back into the US one. Hopefully she finishes watching it soon.
Old 09-02-2015, 00:38   #1329
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Only trouble is, I was watching US Netflix on the xBox One and now she has started watching the UK Netflix I cannot get back into the US one. Hopefully she finishes watching it soon.
If you use Unblock US, you can change regions at will via the Unblock US website. Just leave the DNS settings in the Xbox One (or whatever) as the Unblock US DNS and use the region switcher.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:32   #1330
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Tivo will always be on UK, so that could be used for UK content and the X Box for any other region.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:23   #1331
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Better call Saul episode 1 added to Netflix UK tomorrow with the second episode added the day after. All the following episodes will be added at 7am every Tuesday.
I notice from the tv advert that Better Call Saul is "first on Netflix", as opposed to exclusively so.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:35   #1332
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I notice from the tv advert that Better Call Saul is "first on Netflix", as opposed to exclusively so.
I know in the USA its being shown on AMC hence why all episodes aren't available at once over here.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:44   #1333
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Checked settings, then went on my laptop changed it to US Region and it worked fine on the One. Better change it back for tonight for my sister though.
Old 13-02-2015, 14:49   #1334
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Anybody on O2 who has a Chromecast can get a free £5 Google Play credit and free Amazon Prime Instant video for 30 days.

Also on offer is a free Valentines card up to the value of £6 from WH Smith

http://www.savethestudent.org/studen...-priority.html

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

Freeview is to be rebranded and increase it's VOD offerings:

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201502133...#axzz3RdWBX09E
Old 15-02-2015, 14:04   #1335
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

It appears if you have a Chromecast you can get 3 months free Now TV entertainment pass by 28th Feb not sure if this has been mentioned before or not.

It should be in your Chromecast offers.
Closed Thread