Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 31-08-2012, 11:51   #1261
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb108 View Post
Does that mean that sky using this channel for something else maybe 007 movie channel?
The Sky Movies 007 channel will be shown on Sky Movies Showcase.

I think Sky Livingit +1 will be reuse for Sky Atlantic +1 to launch on Friday 21 September on Sky.

And close on Virgin Media with Channel number 160 being removed.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 31-08-2012, 12:49   #1262
andrewstevenson

So they get rid of sky living plus 1 on sky and sky show sky Atlantic plus 1 and we lose same channel and get nothing wow go virgin. As usual another channel gone

Old 31-08-2012, 12:57   #1263
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
So they get rid of sky living plus 1 on sky and sky show sky Atlantic plus 1 and we lose same channel and get nothing wow go virgin. As usual another channel gone
It NOT Sky Living +1 its 'Sky LivingIT +1' I think may close due to Sky LivingIT not being part of the UPC deal with Sky deal signed early this month.

Sky LivingIT has not launch on UPC this month.

NOTE to all:
-Sky LivingIT was launch as Living2.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 31-08-2012, 12:59   #1264
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
1. Which bit of that can VM be directly blamed for?
2. Pretty sure that there are indeed some new channels launching very soon. Have you not been reading this thread?
Old 31-08-2012, 13:02   #1265
andrewstevenson

Apologies I meant living it plus 1. Like if mediaboy didn't keep us informed we would know nothing about rumoured channels. Like do they keep us informed and the answer is no. I don't blame virgin for it closing but I do blame them for no new channels apart from alibi hd

Old 31-08-2012, 13:22   #1266
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Sorry Karl, to quote ( or misquote) I think it was Sam Meyer ( wait to be corrected)
"A verbal contract is not worth the paper its written on."
Promises of what may or may not come. (How many have "died" over the years.) Cut no ice. Deeds not fine words, please.

Having said that. The only channel I would like ( sorry but it is my favorite if left alone to surf - not that happens often ) is ABC & there is more chance of knitting fog than that coming to the UK !!!

So all in all I really do not get excited over "coming soon"
Old 31-08-2012, 13:49   #1267
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Sorry Karl, to quote ( or misquote) I think it was Sam Meyer ( wait to be corrected)
Near miss. It was Sam Goldwyn. See http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...l_goldwyn.html for more 'Goldwyn-isms'. Some of his quotes are priceless.
Old 31-08-2012, 13:50   #1268
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Promises of what may or may not come. (How many have "died" over the years.) Cut no ice. Deeds not fine words, please.

Having said that. The only channel I would like ( sorry but it is my favorite if left alone to surf - not that happens often ) is ABC & there is more chance of knitting fog than that coming to the UK !!!

So all in all I really do not get excited over "coming soon"
Cheer up itshim as the sun is shining now.
Old 31-08-2012, 13:54   #1269
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Cheer up itshim as the sun is shining now.
I am very happy Friday afternoon & sunny. It must be Karl that gets me stressed Still what do you do if I did not moan here.
Old 31-08-2012, 14:29   #1270
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
C not K!!!

Quote:
And where, in the T&C or Contract you have with VM, does it specifically say anything along the lines of "for every channel we lose - though through no fault of our own -we will replace it with another channel".

Show that out to me and I will concede the point.

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Near miss. It was Sam Goldwyn. See http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...l_goldwyn.html for more 'Goldwyn-isms'. Some of his quotes are priceless.
Just having a quick look around that site and found this.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...sby136816.html
Quote:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Brilliant!
Old 31-08-2012, 14:50   #1271
Jameseh

At least the EPG will be neater come 21st September.

[/OCD]

Old 31-08-2012, 15:10   #1272
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
At least the EPG will be neater come 21st September.
Huh? What did I miss?
Old 31-08-2012, 15:12   #1273
Jameseh

Sky Livingit +1 closing, so there won't be a +1 52 spots away from the regular version.

Old 31-08-2012, 15:30   #1274
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
C not K!!!

And where, in the T&C or Contract you have with VM, does it specifically say anything along the lines of "for every channel we lose - though through no fault of our own -we will replace it with another channel".

Show that out to me and I will concede the point.

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------
Sorry my point was simply that deeds not words are required.No one( at least not I ) referred to what has gone needing to be replaced. More what is rumored here & else were to be going soon. Never to be seen again. Sorry if I did not make that clear.
Also have taken Karl for Carl off my auto correct
Old 31-08-2012, 16:47   #1275
hdtvfan
Inactive

hdtvfan is on a distinguished roadhdtvfan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
1. Which bit of that can VM be directly blamed for?
Selling the channel to Sky in the first place.
Closed Thread