Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 04-10-2010, 23:40   #1216
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Yeah it was the first time I've ever been in one.
I was flying from Rutland Water.
I was meant to be doing it about 10 months ago but each time it was cancelled because of the weather.

Its so peaceful up there and you get such amazing views.
Here are a few pics:
Those pictures look so good. I would love to try it but my feet and my head prefer to be on the ground. I get dizzy going up one wrung of a ladder never mind going up on a balloon
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2010, 23:46   #1217
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
It was quite calm and only the landing had a few bumps before we came to a stop.
I was flying from Rutland Water. It's really nice. I saw parts of Stamford, Belvoir Castle in the distance, you can see a long way.
I was meant to be doing it about 10 months ago but each time it was cancelled because of the weather. It was a present I got ages ago.

Here are a few pics:
I'm so glad you finally got to collect your pressie Very special
Only a few bumps... I'd have clung onto everything solid in a corner

And I am trying hard to avoid yet another double post but...
YAY - the Coventry Bees!!! Well done every man!
Old 05-10-2010, 15:12   #1218
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
It was quite calm and only the landing had a few bumps before we came to a stop.
I was flying from Rutland Water. It's really nice. I saw parts of Stamford, Belvoir Castle in the distance, you can see a long way.
I was meant to be doing it about 10 months ago but each time it was cancelled because of the weather. It was a present I got ages ago.

Here are a few pics:
wow the pics look great.
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 17:24   #1219
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Thanks everyone. It was definately a good experience.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 17:48   #1220
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Thanks everyone. It was definately a good experience.
would you do it again?
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 19:48   #1221
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by defirish View Post
I would be so nervous going up in one in case I was never able to come down again and the fact that I hate hights as well. Scary stuff
As with all forms of flight, taking off is optional, landing is mandatory.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 19:49   #1222
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
As with all forms of flight, taking off is optional, landing is mandatory.
And, as we used to say in the RAF, any landing you walk away from is a good one....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 19:52   #1223
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
And, as we used to say in the RAF, any landing you walk away from is a good one....
And any landing they can use the plane again after is an excellent one.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 20:40   #1224
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Pickup my nearly new car in a weeks time after several weeks waiting for the garage to release it!
Old 05-10-2010, 20:43   #1225
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
would you do it again?
Yes I would.
Maybe a different location to discover somewhere else from above.

Enjoy your new car Snoopz!

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 20:49   #1226
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Yes I would.
Maybe a different location to discover somewhere else from above.
I was lucky enough to go up in one about 10 years ago. I remember it clearly now and I'll never forget it.

What took me by surprise was how calm it was, nothing like how I imagined it would have been. And the other was how close it felt to having the top of my head burnt off. I'll wear a hat next if I do get another chance. Great photos though.
Old 05-10-2010, 20:54   #1227
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Enjoy your new car Snoopz!
I'll try if i can afford the extra petrol!
Old 05-10-2010, 20:58   #1228
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Pickup my nearly new car in a weeks time after several weeks waiting for the garage to release it!
You must be so excited waiting for it. Good luck for when you do pick it up. Here is one for you until you do pick it up

Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 21:05   #1229
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by defirish View Post
You must be so excited waiting for it. Good luck for when you do pick it up. Here is one for you until you do pick it up

hehe if it looks like that i got ripped off!
Old 05-10-2010, 21:09   #1230
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
hehe if it looks like that i got ripped off!
Oi leave Mater alone he's lovely
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote