Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 3
View Poll Results: If the election were held today, who would you vote for?
Labour 21 50.00%
Conservative 1 2.38%
Liberal Democrat 4 9.52%
Plaid Cymru OR SNP 1 2.38%
Reform UK 8 19.05%
Green 0 0%
NI - Unionist 0 0%
NI - Nationalist 1 2.38%
Other vote 3 7.14%
Will not vote 3 7.14%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2024, 09:32   #106
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 3

I will look at the candidates and with some exceptions (no extreme parties) vote for the person I think will best represent me. (I know stuck record). I refuse to vote tactically and I dislike those who just know how bad everyone else is but have nothing positive to offer themselves. We have two independents standing so I may have some choice.
Old 11-06-2024, 09:54   #107
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
I will look at the candidates and with some exceptions (no extreme parties) vote for the person I think will best represent me. (I know stuck record). I refuse to vote tactically and I dislike those who just know how bad everyone else is but have nothing positive to offer themselves. We have two independents standing so I may have some choice.
But the two independents will never represent you as an MP which is the point of voting in this election. What is worse, by voting for someone who could never be an MP, you might get the person you did not want as your MP.

If you want representation, our system requires you to vote for the person who is the closest fit to your own views *and* that has a realistic chance of election. Anything else is a protest vote and so wasted in terms of representation.
Old 11-06-2024, 10:20   #108
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
But the two independents will never represent you as an MP which is the point of voting in this election. What is worse, by voting for someone who could never be an MP, you might get the person you did not want as your MP.

If you want representation, our system requires you to vote for the person who is the closest fit to your own views *and* that has a realistic chance of election. Anything else is a protest vote and so wasted in terms of representation.
Yes, I've always voted tactically. You might as well not vote if your voting for candidates that have no chance of winning in the constituency. Doing so makes your vote worthless. You might even be helping the candidate you least want.

It's a crap system , we had the chance to change it in 2011, but chose not to. The main 2 parties and their media backers campaigned against it (surprise, surprise), so we did as we were told.
Old 11-06-2024, 12:08   #109
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Yes, I've always voted tactically. You might as well not vote if your voting for candidates that have no chance of winning in the constituency. Doing so makes your vote worthless. You might even be helping the candidate you least want.

It's a crap system , we had the chance to change it in 2011, but chose not to. The main 2 parties and their media backers campaigned against it (surprise, surprise), so we did as we were told.
If Farage wants to make an electoral success of Reform UK, he needs to collaborate with other smaller parties like the Greens and Lib Dems to advocate for a different electoral system.
Old 11-06-2024, 12:33   #110
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
If Farage wants to make an electoral success of Reform UK, he needs to collaborate with other smaller parties like the Greens and Lib Dems to advocate for a different electoral system.
Amazing to think that even Farage could be of some use, albeit to further his own goals.
Old 12-06-2024, 10:03   #111
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Who is the 1 Conservative in the CF poll? Stand forward and state your case. We're all ears ...

Me as I stated I will Never vote Labour (I can't call them xxxxxx here)**, and the I was a life long Labour voter and my first vote was under Milk snatcher Thatcher.
** No you cant, and if you pull that trick again you'll be banned from this topic.

The reason was Brexit (YES I knew exactly why I voted leave, and would do again) I stated why at the time.

---------- Post added at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

When you look at the votes other than Conservative or Labour, they will put KS into No 10.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.

Last edited by Paul; 12-06-2024 at 23:46. Reason: Dont be such a muppet.
Old 12-06-2024, 10:15   #112
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Sunak... "Sorry D-Day made me late" - "I didn't have a Sky Dish' - Now I'm really convinced he's trying to throw the election.

Last edited by peanut; 12-06-2024 at 10:18.
Old 12-06-2024, 10:38   #113
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Me as I stated I will Never vote Labour , and the I was a life long Labour voter and my first vote was under Milk snatcher Thatcher.

The reason was Brexit (YES I knew exactly why I voted leave, and would do again) I stated why at the time.

When you look at the votes other than Conservative or Labour, they will put KS into No 10.

I would trust Glitter with my kid than KS looking after the country
However, being honest, you wouldn’t would you? And if you wouldd then you’re going to levels of idiocy that I have no words to describe

One is a person convicted of an heinous sexual offences , the other is someone who hasn’t actually done anything wrong.

How about growing up ?
Old 12-06-2024, 10:46   #114
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
However, being honest, you wouldn’t would you? And if you wouldd then you’re going to levels of idiocy that I have no words to describe

One is a person convicted of an heinous sexual offences , the other is someone who hasn’t actually done anything wrong.

How about growing up ?
I had a trouble getting my head around that comment too. Lost all credibility there.
Old 12-06-2024, 10:48   #115
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Amazing the Conservatives are changing the tone of the election campaign because they are worried about a Labour super-majority.

With a 80 seat majority nearly five years ago and hence 5 years of catastrophic governance since many voters l suspect will close their ears to your plea.
Old 12-06-2024, 10:54   #116
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Me as I stated I will Never vote Labour, and the I was a life long Labour voter and my first vote was under Milk snatcher Thatcher.

Blair lied as did Johnson - and then some! He even got fired in a previous job for lying. No Party has a monopoly on lying.

Starmer's not going to lead us into the EU in the next Parliament. Or the one after that. But the Conservatives' policy is to save £12bn from the benefits bill by the end of the next Parliament. Is this not a concern to you as someone on benefits?
Old 12-06-2024, 11:01   #117
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Blair lied as did Johnson - and then some! He even got fired in a previous job for lying. No Party has a monopoly on lying.

Starmer's not going to lead us into the EU in the next Parliament. Or the one after that. But the Conservatives' policy is to save £12bn from the benefits bill by the end of the next Parliament. Is this not a concern to you as someone on benefits?

I'm only on benefits which is a measly £564.46 a month & and I get nothing else, as I'm a full-time carer for my dad, as if he had paid carers they would cost him nearly £3,000 a month, then they take his home and I'd be homeless.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Old 12-06-2024, 11:16   #118
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I'm only on benefits which is a measly £564.46 a month & and I get nothing else, as I'm a full-time carer for my dad, as if he had paid carers they would cost him nearly £3,000 a month, then they take his home and I'd be homeless.
I'm very sorry for your situation and am not criticising you for all the great work you do for your dad. I don't think the Council would make you homeless but that's another debate!

Which Party do you think is most likely to be of benefit to you? A Party which has vowed to cut benefits and others that take a more sympathetic approach. I would have thought the LibDems would be your first choice given their commitment to raise carers' benefits which you have described as measly? A vote for them would send a message to the next PM that carers' roles are important. (And they won't take you back into the EU in the next Parliament either so Brexit can be taken out of the equation.)
Old 12-06-2024, 11:30   #119
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Amazing the Conservatives are changing the tone of the election campaign because they are worried about a Labour super-majority.

With a 80 seat majority nearly five years ago and hence 5 years of catastrophic governance since many voters l suspect will close their ears to your plea.
It’s amazing isn’t it how the campaign has morphed into ‘well … will you give us just a few votes at least, just so we can keep our hand in? Pretty please, we’ll be good!’

Of course the term ‘supermajority’ has no constitutional meaning in our parliament and is pretty much irrelevant. Once a governing party has a comfortable working majority it is going to get its business through regardless of whether the margin is 80 seats or 200. In fact there’s some evidence that governing parties with very large majorities have more trouble keeping their back-benchers on message, because the back benchers realise there will never be enough government jobs to go round and there is therefore less incentive to toe the line and be a good little minion.

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Quote:

Plenty of rejoiner pundits and politicians have pointed out how little anyone in Tory, Labour or even Lib Dem circles wants to talk about Brexit this time around. I don’t understand why they’re so surprised - whatever the arguments on either side, it is a major constitutional change that has dominated almost 10 years of our political discourse. We simply have to leave it alone at some point and concentrate on working with what we have, not least because there is plenty else going on in national life that requires more immediate attention.

However, an intriguing thought occurs to me - more than one recent poll has suggested the Lib Dems might come out of this, by a whisker, as the second largest party. You would then have a Euro-federalist party as the official opposition, with all the opportunities for soapboxing that represents. You would have to wonder what that might do to the national discourse over the next 5 or 10 years.
Old 12-06-2024, 11:42   #120
TheDaddy
cf.mega pornstar

TheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden aura
TheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden aura

Quote:

Remind me who posted

I want to leave the EU so when we lock some ******* up for their whole life, it means they come out feet first in a box.

Not go to the ECHR, who tell us to release him.

and

want us to leave the EU, so we can get rid of undesirable without all this human rights BS. Then terrorist suspects can't use us as a safe haven. Also stop those how come here just to claim our benefits.

You didn't know what you were voting for then and you don't now

Quote:
You are one of the people that would suffer most under a CONservative (see we can both play childish word games) junta but you do you David and don't come crying to us when they screw the backside out of you as you knew what you were voting for