Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 21:16   #106
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Speaking of the moronic company, I heard an advert on the radio Sky are offering free HD for 3 months......only strengthens my belief that we will be getting seriously good news in the next couple of months. I too rarely watch Sky channels, thankfully XL tv is a luxury I can just about afford. Although, I did have sky sports hd pack, but decided I could not continue to pay the rip-off prices, solely for test match cricket and rugby and the odd ODI (when I fancied a bit powder puff cricket!!) Gave up on seriously following football years ago.
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2012, 22:43   #107
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
PBS to be rebranded?

July Virgin TV listing and Ofcom has confrim that PBS will soon be rebranded as PBS America on Virgin Channel 243.

No date on when this will happen.

NOTE: here is links to info.
Virgin TV: http://shop.virginmedia.com/content/...annelguide.pdf
Ofcom: http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/tv-bro...updates/062012
Looking for something to watch tonight, and PBS America was showing on 243. So it has already changed name.
Old 05-07-2012, 23:32   #108
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

After the huge number of Olympic channels in HD & SD close, there should be plenty of capacity for channel launches, or maybe given the suggestions that broadband speed upgrades will be held off, maybe they will be borrowing some capacity that will be reallocated to broadband.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:14   #109
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

If anyone's interested I'm trying to find out some more info about British Eurosport 2 HD and why we're not getting it from launch.

Will post here if I find anything out. They show a lot on tennis on 2 and I'm a tad peeved It's not coming!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:08   #110
stuwolves
Inactive

stuwolves is an unknown quantity at this point

The Sky F1 red button is finally available
Old 06-07-2012, 10:33   #111
Emel
Inactive

Services: Tivo, Vplus, TVXL, Sky Sports, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Emel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
If anyone's interested I'm trying to find out some more info about British Eurosport 2 HD and why we're not getting it from launch.

Will post here if I find anything out. They show a lot on tennis on 2 and I'm a tad peeved It's not coming!
Thanks Mobes. I, for one, would be very interested and am keen to get this channel in HD. Tennis is a sport which benefits greatly from being broadcast in HD.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:04   #112
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
You've gotta love men with principles like that I see you both subscribe to Sky Sports and Movies
Its called having a opinion great man but l am not going to cut off my nose to spite my face as l love my sports too much.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:10   #113
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuwolves View Post
Thanks for info.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 06-07-2012, 12:42   #114
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuwolves View Post
That is good news for VM Customers
Old 06-07-2012, 12:48   #115
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Virgin Media brings Teletext Holidays back to TV screens

http://mediacentre.virginmedia.com/S...eens-23df.aspx
Old 06-07-2012, 12:54   #116
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
You could always come to Sky for more HD choice

That will make 31 music channels onSky if i am correct. More music choice for me
Has you forgot about Music On Demand and Youtube on Virgin as that offers far more musical choices then anything Sky have Mr Stokes.
Old 06-07-2012, 13:21   #117
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Has you forgot about Music On Demand and Youtube on Virgin as that offers far more musical choices then anything Sky have Mr Stokes.
Also spotify Den as well.
Old 06-07-2012, 13:56   #118
bamav
cf.addict

Services: VM L TV powered by TiVo, 30MB BB, Sky Sports, Phone L, Freeview.
bamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
And, as I understand it, no shuffle play: in other words, a lousy implementation of the app!
Indeed! I should've added that having the premium account means you can install the mobile app and have Spotify on the go. Bluetooth it your car's stereo and the possibilities really open up!

I've hardly listened to my own music collection since I've had Spotify. Granted there are lots of gaps in terms of albums, which is annoying at times, but I can live with that.
Old 06-07-2012, 14:35   #119
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamav View Post
Indeed! I should've added that having the premium account means you can install the mobile app and have Spotify on the go. Bluetooth it your car's stereo and the possibilities really open up!

I've hardly listened to my own music collection since I've had Spotify. Granted there are lots of gaps in terms of albums, which is annoying at times, but I can live with that.
I agree, Spotify is very good; I use it myself every day, but the limitations of the Spotify app on Tivo are just too limiting to me, which is why I use it via my HTPC.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:19   #120
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
I havnt forgot about them no but i can access Youtube on my mobile and the music on demand didnt intrest me as i have all my music on my laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Also spotify Den as well.
Spotify was good but only if you have a Prem account
Closed Thread