Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)
Closed Thread

Old 24-11-2023, 13:42   #1111
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Thanks Ben, and to others for sharing links.

All of these different legacy tiers and the current ones make it quite confusing: Player, Mix, Full House, Mixit, Maxit, Mega TV 😂

I'm kind of glad there are now only two being sold, but the site could be clearer.
You can be sure that it won't be long before they change them again though.

Must be a nightmare for staff having to use all these different pack codes.
Advertisement
Old 24-11-2023, 16:26   #1112
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Confirm Sky Sports Tennis to launch from March 2024.

https://twitter.com/tennisontelly/st...86936948994237
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 28-11-2023, 22:03   #1113
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Bauer Radio has today confirmed that the following channels will close on Virgin Media by December 13th:

*Magic Radio
*Kiss Radio
*Absolute Radio
*Absolute 80s
*Absolute Classic Rock
*Planet Rock

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2023/11/bau...-tv-platforms/
Old 29-11-2023, 14:23   #1114
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

UKTV Channels will rebrand in Summer 2024, the move will see its current streaming service UKTV Play transition to U and UKTV's family of free-to-air channels will become U&Dave, U&DRAMA, U&YESTERDAY and U&W.

UKTV's pay channels Alibi, Gold and Eden will transition to U&alibi, U&GOLD, U&eden at a later date, uniting the full network under the U brand.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/uktv-freev...ls-to-rebrand/
Old 29-11-2023, 14:28   #1115
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

U&W sounds like a trade union

Hopefully they u turn on these channels, I had double check when I read this.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 29-11-2023 at 14:36.
Old 29-11-2023, 15:11   #1116
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Premier Sports has agreed a deal to buy back the UK business it sold to Viaplay. Will relaunch in early 2024 subject to competition approval.

https://twitter.com/martingrantross/...77545011810311
Old 29-11-2023, 17:54   #1117
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
UKTV Channels will rebrand in Summer 2024, the move will see its current streaming service UKTV Play transition to U and UKTV's family of free-to-air channels will become U&Dave, U&DRAMA, U&YESTERDAY and U&W.

UKTV's pay channels Alibi, Gold and Eden will transition to U&alibi, U&GOLD, U&eden at a later date, uniting the full network under the U brand.

What nutcase came up with this. Sure it didn't miss 1st of the 4th.
Old 29-11-2023, 18:01   #1118
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

They should keep it as it is in my opinion.
Old 29-11-2023, 18:07   #1119
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
What nutcase came up with this. Sure it didn't miss 1st of the 4th.
Has VM been talen over. Maybe by Elon Musk?

UVWX turn the W upside down and you get U VM X

OK, Jo removes aluminium hat and swiftly moves on the another thread.
Old 29-11-2023, 20:45   #1120
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
U&W sounds like a trade union

Hopefully they u turn on these channels, I had double check when I read this.
Yes, I hope they don’t expect us to pay more for these longer titles!!
Old 30-11-2023, 10:58   #1121
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Need more 4K channels. My old set broke so did my homework and bought a new one. Half the time I’m not listening to the dialogue now I’m just in awe of the picture.
Old 30-11-2023, 19:03   #1122
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
Need more 4K channels. My old set broke so did my homework and bought a new one. Half the time I’m not listening to the dialogue now I’m just in awe of the picture.
I know the feeling. You pretty well believe you are in the picture!
Old 30-11-2023, 21:55   #1123
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I know the feeling. You pretty well believe you are in the picture!
Wait until you see 8k i've seen a demo at a tech show my mind was blown.
Old 30-11-2023, 23:57   #1124
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Confirm Sky Sports Tennis to launch from March 2024.

https://twitter.com/tennisontelly/st...86936948994237
this is exciting. did they beat amazon for the rights MB?

So is this going to be another sky sports channel or will they just rename one of the other ones? are any of the sky sports channels losing their rights?

Here are the current channels:

Sky Sports Main Event Airs major events as Sky Sports' flagship channel like football, boxing, cricket, rugby, Formula One, etc. When not showing a live event the channel simulcasts Sky Sports News.

Sky Sports Premier League Dedicated exclusively to Premier League football, including live coverage of matches, and other ancillary coverage and documentaries. Also features the Women's Super League.

Sky Sports Football Dedicated to football coverage of non-Premier League matches, e.g. the EFL Championship and the Scottish Premiership.

Sky Sports Cricket Dedicated to cricket coverage, including domestic and international competition.

Sky Sports Golf Dedicated to golf coverage.

Sky Sports F1 Dedicated to coverage of Formula One racing as well as motor racing in general, including Formula 2, Formula 3, and IndyCar Series.

Sky Sports Action Dedicated to general sports coverage, including rugby, netball, the NFL and the NBA.

Sky Sports Arena Dedicated to general sports coverage, including Super League rugby, darts and boxing.

Sky Sports Racing Available with Sky's basic TV package (Sky Signature). Dedicated to coverage of horse racing.

Sky Sports Mix Available with Sky's basic TV package (Sky Signature). Airs a mix of live sports and supplementary programming from across the network.

Sky Sports News Available with Sky's basic TV package (Sky Signature). Provides the latest news and updates from across all sports.
Old 30-11-2023, 23:58   #1125
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
this is exciting. did they beat amazon for the rights MB?

So is this going to be another sky sports channel or will they just rename one of the other ones? are any of the sky sports channels losing their rights?

Amazon choose not to bid apparently

Sky could reuse the E! capacity after it closes ?

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 01-12-2023 at 00:17.
Closed Thread