Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)
Closed Thread

Old 13-11-2023, 10:28   #1081
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
currently got 3 v6s around the house. dont like losing all that capacity by going down to one box and two minis
All three boxes would be converted so you keep the same capacity
Advertisement
Old 13-11-2023, 13:07   #1082
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Hi Spiderplant.

Quick question, if/when these upgraded V6 boxes with HDD go down, are they replaced like for like? Or are they downgraded to a mini with no HDD? Leaving just one with HDD of course

Thanks
Old 13-11-2023, 13:50   #1083
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Quick question, if/when these upgraded V6 boxes with HDD go down, are they replaced like for like? Or are they downgraded to a mini with no HDD? Leaving just one with HDD of course
Like-for-like.
Old 13-11-2023, 16:56   #1084
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

That's good to know. If the 360 incorporated QuickView and, to a lesser extent, a form of Wishlists then i'd be happy to convert to the 360 as the voice activated function would be really helpful to the sight impaired.
Old 13-11-2023, 19:36   #1085
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
When I made the switch to 360 both my V6 boxes were updated so I kept the recording capacity of both boxes. However, by making the switch I lost all my V6 recordings as the software is quite different. With the two boxes I get to choose which one any particular show is recorded to.
You would lose all your recordings anyway when upgrading or leaving for a new supplier.

All you need to do is to note down all your titles and add them to your watchlist on the new software, which is what I did. Anything else that’s not available on demand will be repeated down the line anyway. In my case, that was only about half a dozen titles.
Old 13-11-2023, 19:57   #1086
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You would lose all your recordings anyway when upgrading or leaving for a new supplier.

All you need to do is to note down all your titles and add them to your watchlist on the new software, which is what I did. Anything else that’s not available on demand will be repeated down the line anyway. In my case, that was only about half a dozen titles.
This is why i like SKY stream if you have to change your box your recordings are still there as they're in the cloud, i believe Virgin stream is the same?
Old 13-11-2023, 21:48   #1087
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
This is why i like SKY stream if you have to change your box your recordings are still there as they're in the cloud, i believe Virgin stream is the same?
Sky Stream doesn't record as such it just finds every episode that's available on demand then makes a playlist
Old 13-11-2023, 23:54   #1088
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
i was told if it was more than two boxes they'd need an engineer to come out and it would just be one main box and then two mini boxes? has this changed recently ...?
Old 14-11-2023, 02:16   #1089
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Sky Stream doesn't record as such it just finds every episode that's available on demand then makes a playlist
No it actually does record into the cloud too, i have stuff from ginx esport, leged and horror extra that is recorded into the cloud.
Most stuff it does find on demand.
Old 14-11-2023, 11:38   #1090
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
i was told if it was more than two boxes they'd need an engineer to come out and it would just be one main box and then two mini boxes? has this changed recently ...?
No, you've always been able to have up to three V6s converted. It would need a technician visit if you have three, but they shouldn't swap any boxes.
Old 14-11-2023, 12:04   #1091
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

TNT Sports has agreed a deal with DAZN to sublicence the UEFA Women’s Champions League as well as the French, Spanish, and German top divisions of women’s football.

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broad...187871.article
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 14-11-2023, 23:05   #1092
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
No it actually does record into the cloud too, i have stuff from ginx esport, leged and horror extra that is recorded into the cloud.
Most stuff it does find on demand.
Horizon, which drives both Virgin 360 & Stream, is designed for cloud recording. In the rest of Liberty Global's operations it is used that way. But in the UK & Ireland the broadcast agreements have forced VM to use hard disks instead. So at present no, there is no cloud recording on Virgin Stream, & you have the ridiculous situation that if your Broadband goes down you lose the majority of access to the hard disk in your V360 box if the Horizon server is unreachable.
Old 14-11-2023, 23:40   #1093
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Horizon, which drives both Virgin 360 & Stream, is designed for cloud recording. In the rest of Liberty Global's operations it is used that way. But in the UK & Ireland the broadcast agreements have forced VM to use hard disks instead. So at present no, there is no cloud recording on Virgin Stream, & you have the ridiculous situation that if your Broadband goes down you lose the majority of access to the hard disk in your V360 box if the Horizon server is unreachable.
That is stupid of vm once it's on the hd you should be able to view it without need for broadband but i think SKYQ was similar at first if the sattelite signal was lost.
Old 16-11-2023, 10:03   #1094
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
That is stupid of vm once it's on the hd you should be able to view it without need for broadband but i think SKYQ was similar at first if the sattelite signal was lost.
The system has been imposed on them by LG, & they have had to create a workaround. Horizon was developed long before VM was taken over. The same applies to broadcast radio on VM. There are plenty of complaints that the V360 won't record the radio stations in the 900 range, nor is there an EPG. Broadcast radio was taken off of mainland Europe's cable systems at digital switchover, so there was no requirement for it on Horizon.
Old 16-11-2023, 20:48   #1095
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
The system has been imposed on them by LG, & they have had to create a workaround. Horizon was developed long before VM was taken over. The same applies to broadcast radio on VM. There are plenty of complaints that the V360 won't record the radio stations in the 900 range, nor is there an EPG. Broadcast radio was taken off of mainland Europe's cable systems at digital switchover, so there was no requirement for it on Horizon.
I didn't realise that you couldn't record radio which I do a lot of. Another reason not to change to the 360 as well as no Quickview or Wishlists.
Closed Thread