Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2012 Pre-Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2012 Pre-Season
Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2012, 19:49   #91
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Formula 1 2012 Pre-Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Because they have a race track and good infrastructure, they should have been the first place in the UAE to get a F1 Race, not Abu Dhabi!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubai_Autodrome
So you support oil rich states getting more and more races, rather than Europe where most F1 fans are, just because of high value sponsorship deals do you??
Advertisement
Old 21-02-2012, 20:13   #92
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I don't think there's ever an issue for fans of F1.. They're a mobile lot that like to follow the races in weird and wonderful places.. I don't think you'll ever find a country apart from those with issues (like bahrain's or syria's issues) where they can't fill the stands on race day..
Old 21-02-2012, 20:23   #93
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I don't think there's ever an issue for fans of F1.. They're a mobile lot that like to follow the races in weird and wonderful places.. I don't think you'll ever find a country apart from those with issues (like bahrain's or syria's issues) where they can't fill the stands on race day..
Unfortunately it's a rich man's sport even for spectators. I don't know what prices are for foreign tracks, but the British GP ones are high enough...

http://www.britishgp.co.uk/
Old 21-02-2012, 20:29   #94
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Unfortunately it's a rich man's sport even for spectators. I don't know what prices are for foreign tracks, but the British GP ones are high enough...

http://www.britishgp.co.uk/
Yes it is very expensive so the best option for most people who love F1 is to pay the £20 subscription fee to watch it on pay TV.
Old 21-02-2012, 20:33   #95
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
The rich ones are mobile, but the majority aren't rich, and come from Europe. And can't afford to travel half way across the world.
Old 21-02-2012, 20:57   #96
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Doesn't matter to F1, there's always more demand than tickets so why should they care about giving Europe more races when it's a world championship.. I love following races around the world and would jet off again to Jo'burg if SA got a calendar slot
Old 21-02-2012, 21:02   #97
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Has it been published yet which races will be live on BBC?
Old 21-02-2012, 21:03   #98
Kymmy
Inactive

Yep, months ago, hold on will find it
Old 21-02-2012, 21:04   #99
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Doesn't matter to F1, there's always more demand than tickets so why should they care about giving Europe more races when it's a world championship.. I love following races around the world and would jet off again to Jo'burg if SA got a calendar slot
Well that's down to the greed of Bernie. He doesn't care about the fans, he just cares about the money. Which is why it's going to Sky.

Unfortunately most fans don't have the money that you do.
Old 21-02-2012, 21:11   #100
Kymmy
Inactive

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/7755219.stm

BBC race coverage

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Well that's down to the greed of Bernie. He doesn't care about the fans, he just cares about the money. Which is why it's going to Sky.

Unfortunately most fans don't have the money that you do.
A lot of fans do have the money, that's why the races are so expensive.. It's part of what keeps F1 so exclusive in calendar/teams/events

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

If though you want to see some great UK racing at a reasonable price then go to a BTCC weekend.. Great touring car racing, Porsche/Renault/Ginetta support races are included in the cost of the ticket.
Old 21-02-2012, 22:56   #101
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks for the link Kymmy

Quote:
15 April: China
13 May: Spain
27 May: Monaco
24 June: Europe
8 July: Britain
2 September: Belgium
23 September: Singapore
14 October: Korea
4 November: Abu Dhabi
25 November: Brazil

Quote:
A lot of fans do have the money, that's why the races are so expensive.. It's part of what keeps F1 so exclusive in calendar/teams/events
But most don't.

I can remember back in my karting days (when David Coultard, Dario Franchitti, and Oliver Gavin were all racing against each other in juniors). Most of my mates used to try and make it to at least the British GP. And if we were lucky there was also the European GP also in the UK. And this was because it was more affordable.

But I think it is partly to do with the huge cost of following F1 these days, that we only have two British drivers in F1 now, when we used to average about 4 or 5.

Quote:
If though you want to see some great UK racing at a reasonable price then go to a BTCC weekend.. Great touring car racing, Porsche/Renault/Ginetta support races are included in the cost of the ticket.
Absolutely!
Old 22-02-2012, 07:26   #102
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
But I think it is partly to do with the huge cost of following F1 these days, that we only have two British drivers in F1 now, when we used to average about 4 or 5.
3 British drivers in 2012 (not counting reserve or test drivers)... So only 1 off your average
Old 22-02-2012, 07:28   #103
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
3 British drivers in 2012 (not counting reserve or test drivers)... So only 1 off your average
And two of them are former world champions so that can be no bad thing in my mind as it tells me our quality of drivers is just as good as it ever has been.
Old 22-02-2012, 16:37   #104
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17124840

At lunch, Nico Hulkenberg of Force India was the fastest in Day 2 of pre season testing in Barcelona. Sauber's Sergio Perez was 0.040 seconds behind, with Sebastien Vettel in third.

Also mentioned in the article is that Lotus have pulled out of the testing, because of a problem with their chassis.

I must say, I agree with them that this pre season testing is showing that it is hard to predict who will win the first race in Australia. My money at the moment is on Button. Got a feeling it is his season this year. But, like I've said here already I am in the ABA camp. Anyone But Alonso.
Old 22-02-2012, 19:36   #105
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Oh yes, I keep forgetting about the third one. But you can't include test drivers.
Closed Thread