Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Season 2010/2011

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Season 2010/2011

Old 09-01-2011, 12:36   #991
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Re: Football Season 2010/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I'm totally disgusted by the attack on Stevenages Scott Laird by what I presume was someone thinking that he was a Newcastle fan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up/9351888.stm
According to this report, it was a Stevenage fan...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ge/9351360.stm

Quote:
A Hertfordshire Police spokesman said: "It is believed a Stevenage fan assaulted a Stevenage player."
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2011, 12:38   #992
Matty_
cf.geek

Matty_ has reached the bronze age
Matty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I'm totally disgusted by the attack on Stevenages Scott Laird by what I presume was someone thinking that he was a Newcastle fan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up/9351888.stm
Lets hope the coward gets identified then banged up!
Where were the stewards when all this was going on, i can see the FA taking a dim view of this and a big fine or other penalties...

As for all this King Kenny tosh Liverpool have a squad of ordinary to good players with obvious exceptions, i`ll be very surprised if he suddenly makes them play much better than they have been recently.
Unless he gets significant funds for new players, and lets be honest, Benitez didn`t exactly leave you with fresh young talent coming through the ranks fighting for places. Where`s the next Gerrard going to come from?
Didn`t Kenny leave Liverpool for a break from football only to sign as Blackburn manager shortly after.
Matty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:39   #993
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
According to this report, it was a Stevenage fan...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ge/9351360.stm

That then is even sadder
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 13:39   #994
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Liverpool are already 1 - 0 down. Ouch.

Was a dive to win United's penalty though.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 13:56   #995
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Whether he dived or not Agger fouled him in the box.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 14:07   #996
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

LOL. Red Card Gerrard. Deserved IMO.
Old 09-01-2011, 14:08   #997
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive

Services: Sky Q
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all

Damien, what did you think of the match yesterday?
I will say one thing, Arsenal fans were quiet, obviously I can't speak for every game, but to have 8,500 drowning out something like 60,000 is pretty shambolic. I'm proud of the performance, and think we can hold our head high against probably the finest attacking side in the country. I'm glad Wenger put out a strong side aswell, I'd rather get humiliated by a first XI than beat a team of reserves or kids. See you at Elland Road..
ChrisLUFC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 14:14   #998
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLUFC22 View Post
Damien, what did you think of the match yesterday?
I will say one thing, Arsenal fans were quiet, obviously I can't speak for every game, but to have 8,500 drowning out something like 60,000 is pretty shambolic. I'm proud of the performance, and think we can hold our head high against probably the finest attacking side in the country. I'm glad Wenger put out a strong side aswell, I'd rather get humiliated by a first XI than beat a team of reserves or kids. See you at Elland Road..
Arsenal can be quiet. Although a lot of the newer grounds are. The lower tier is louder than the Upper tier though.

I think Wenger played made a mistake in playing the squad he did as the passing wasn't as fluid and it took them a while to get going. Also think it was a stupid penalty to give away. Leeds were excellent in defense though.
Old 09-01-2011, 14:17   #999
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive

Services: Sky Q
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Arsenal can be quiet. Although a lot of the newer grounds are. The lower tier is louder than the Upper tier though.

I think Wenger played made a mistake in playing the squad he did as the passing wasn't as fluid and it took them a while to get going. Also think it was a stupid penalty to give away. Leeds were excellent in defense though.
Let's face it, they had to be
ChrisLUFC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 14:35   #1000
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

This is a joke now. Pen in the 1st min and now a red card. What did gerrard do wrong keep watching the replay and he did northing. Sure the ref a man u fan.
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 14:40   #1001
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Or an everton fan
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 14:48   #1002
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star

The only difference between the Gerrard tackle and what Rafael did a couple of minutes earlier was Gerrard caught the player. Definitely a card incident but red... i'm not so sure.
Old 09-01-2011, 15:27   #1003
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Easily a red card. Not just by the letter of the law but also in the sprit. Players can get serious injured in those challenges. Gerrard threw himself into it with no care.

Great set of saves from Reina. Liverpool not doing bad considering they are down to 10 men.

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

United 1 - Liverpool 0

Liverpool can probably be happy with this game. Lost to 1 goal which was a very dubious penalty decision and otherwise held out well against United, especially when down to 10 men.
Old 09-01-2011, 15:32   #1004
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
The only difference between the Gerrard tackle and what Rafael did a couple of minutes earlier was Gerrard caught the player. Definitely a card incident but red... i'm not so sure.
Also gerrard dived in studs up and rafael pulled out of his challenge. The two challenges can't really be compared imo.

The penalty was dubious but he did touch berbatov so it was always going to be given regardless of how easily he went down.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 15:34   #1005
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
This is a joke now. Pen in the 1st min and now a red card. What did gerrard do wrong keep watching the replay and he did northing. Sure the ref a man u fan.
Gerrard lunged in, studs showing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
The replays show that Rafael didn't lunge in, studs showing. He kept his feet down.

Oh well..
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote