Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 09:35   #946
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Andrea Leadsom doesn't seem to know what she wants at the moment ,won't really commit to anything,far too flaky for me .

Advertisement
Old 03-07-2016, 10:02   #947
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Andrea Leadsom doesn't seem to know what she wants at the moment ,won't really commit to anything,far too flaky for me .
Daily Mail says three years ago she said we would be mad to leave the EU. Seems to suggest that she went the Brexit route to heighten her profile within the party and improve her chances of getting the leadership.

Theresa May is looking more and more like the winning candidate each day. I know that she was a Remain supporter but if she genuinely accepts that "out is out" she could be the one to get us the best deal.

Mind you the trouble with politics is that not everything is actually as it seems and you keep expecting some unexpected twist to occur.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:09   #948
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

What else can you expect from politicians who speak regularly with forked tongue...
Old 03-07-2016, 10:28   #949
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
No.
We would be as free as any other non-EU country. Somehow I doubt trade with the US is that restricted.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:13   #950
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Yes but she does look a bit like Thatcher, so that's the main thing for the Tory faithful.
Old 03-07-2016, 13:52   #951
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

For those who are saying the FTSE is bouncing back, here's an interesting observation from Robert Peston:

I find it deeply depressing how few people grasp that value of FTSE100 is mechanistically inflated by collapsing £
Old 03-07-2016, 14:10   #952
Big Brian
Inactive

Big Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really nice

Quote:
Seeing her on Andrew Marr I doubt she has what it takes to be PM. I think Theresa May will get it and though she thinks she's Thatcher mark II, she will implement A50 immediately. I think she has what it takes though and will carry out the peoples' wishes.

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntluser View Post
Daily Mail says three years ago she said we would be mad to leave the EU. Seems to suggest that she went the Brexit route to heighten her profile within the party and improve her chances of getting the leadership.

Theresa May is looking more and more like the winning candidate each day. I know that she was a Remain supporter but if she genuinely accepts that "out is out" she could be the one to get us the best deal.

Mind you the trouble with politics is that not everything is actually as it seems and you keep expecting some unexpected twist to occur.
Must be true cos I wrote my post in answer to a previous one b4 reading this.
Old 03-07-2016, 14:16   #953
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brian View Post
Seeing her on Andrew Marr I doubt she has what it takes to be PM. I think Theresa May will get it and though she thinks she's Thatcher mark II, she will implement A50 immediately. I think she has what it takes though and will carry out the peoples' wishes.

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Must be true cos I wrote my post in answer to a previous one b4 reading this.
She does say that voters want more than a 'Brexit PM' though when she talked to Andrew Marr this morning so whether she does it immediately remains to be seen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36696908
Old 03-07-2016, 15:04   #954
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
We would be as free as any other non-EU country. Somehow I doubt trade with the US is that restricted.
Not until the process of leaving is completed. The UK remains a member state until either agreement is reached or the 2 years expires, whichever happens first.

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Quote:
Well her team are already leaning on journalists to suppress unflattering stories.

Taking power from the unaccountable elites and handing it to a woman whose PM campaign threatens the press and who is described as a...

Quote:
secretive, rigid, controlling, even vengeful minister, so unpleasant to colleagues that a dread of meetings with her was something that cabinet members from both parties could bond over.
Awesome.

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:02 ----------

Quote:
What happened to democracy and majority rules? Thousands of pro-EU people gather in London to March to Parliament Square. They want us to remain in the EU and I don't think they realise the consequences of their actions. Anarchy could break out among the Leavers. There could be battles in the streets if the Government give in and either not invoke Article 50 or hold another referendum.
Everyone has the right to protest. For now.
Old 03-07-2016, 15:04   #955
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Hopefully they'll push the button soon, it's needed to focus everyone s attention on the job at hand rather than bitching about the fact it's happened As a country we do seem to perform best when under pressure.
Old 03-07-2016, 15:07   #956
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Hopefully they'll push the button soon, it's needed to focus everyone s attention on the job at hand rather than bitching about the fact it's happened As a country we do seem to perform best when under pressure.
The Govetron seems to be wanting 1st quarter of 2017. 2018 or later, or not at all, has the lowest odds but that's likely wishful thinking on the part of those making that bet pushing the odds down.
Old 03-07-2016, 15:36   #957
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

The later its left, the more likely it won't happen.
Old 03-07-2016, 16:21   #958
Big Brian
Inactive

Big Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really nice

Quote:
It will happen if Michael Gove or Theresa May get elected. Both have said so.
Old 03-07-2016, 16:26   #959
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Yes they have said so but the question is when??.
Old 03-07-2016, 17:05   #960
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
If the referendum were held today, the result would be different. The lies about immigration and the NHS have been exposed, and the governing party is scrapping with itself over who grasps this opportunity for power. The few Brexiters I know seem to be cacking themselves over what exactly they've done. Although no one will admit it now, another vote down the line is more than likely. Even if we don't end up leaving, this will have caused the country permanent damage.

Last edited by Mr K; 03-07-2016 at 17:32.
Closed Thread