Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 15:00   #931
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM19 View Post
I'd pay. It probably covers enough relatively 'niche' sports to make it worthwhile. Of course, I'd sooner have it in my XL package
No doubt some people would pay the £7.99 a month for it but not enough to make it worth while for virgin. Personally I`d only watch the football and then only if it wasn`t up against premier league or championship matches. I watch the Welsh football on s4c,which is like watching non-league really
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2012, 15:26   #932
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
wasnt suggest it should

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

Id pay £7.99 for it as i'd watch it for about 10 hours a week. I used to pay £10 for NASN. so 20p per hour roughly is a bargain
As would I £7.99 to watch all the NHL is not bad, I paid £10 for NASN which had terrible picture quality, by all accounts Premier Sports are using a decent bit rate.
Old 01-02-2012, 15:31   #933
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
As would I £7.99 to watch all the NHL is not bad, I paid £10 for NASN which had terrible picture quality, by all accounts Premier Sports are using a decent bit rate.
Subscribers currently also have the option to buy a season ticket for £79.99 i think the price is which makes it even cheaper.

suspect this is a bit of VM want to make a profit which is greater than SKY make or need on it and Premier Sports wanting a blanket payment to get it to more people who didnt know they needed it.
Old 01-02-2012, 15:40   #934
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
Subscribers currently also have the option to buy a season ticket for £79.99 i think the price is which makes it even cheaper.

suspect this is a bit of VM want to make a profit which is greater than SKY make or need on it and Premier Sports wanting a blanket payment to get it to more people who didnt know they needed it.
Agreed, it is so disappointing, from what I have read vm risk losing many RL fans over this.
Old 01-02-2012, 17:07   #935
TonyM19
Inactive

TonyM19 is on a distinguished roadTonyM19 is on a distinguished road

Its RL (and, specifically, the Australian NRL) that is my main interest and its non-appearance is pushing me towards Sky
Old 02-02-2012, 10:30   #936
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media, RTL Group join Thinkbox

Quote:
Virgin Media and European broadcasting giant RTL Group have today agreed to join commercial TV marketing body Thinkbox as its first associate members.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ne...-thinkbox.html
Old 02-02-2012, 12:45   #937
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Virgin Media, RTL Group join Thinkbox

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ne...-thinkbox.html
RTL do not have any assets in the UK after selling Channel 5 and Virgin have sold their channels to Sky and their shares in UKTV, so why are they both joinig this marketing body

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

Are we getting Eurosport 2 HD and Eurosport News in the UK?
Old 02-02-2012, 12:48   #938
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/

Broadcast: Virgin Media talks with Premier Sports stall.

Quote:
Talks between Virgin Media and sports TV channel Premier Sports to secure content including NRL, Championship Rugby League and NHL Ice Hockey have broken down due to a disagreement over payment models.

Premier Sports has rebuffed an offer from Virgin Media to distribute the channel as a standalone add-on because it wants to be bundled into an existing TV package.

The broadcaster, which is currently available in the UK via Sky for £7.99 per month, was keen to extend its distribution ahead of the start of the Championship Rugby League 2012season in March
Old 02-02-2012, 12:49   #939
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Are we getting Eurosport 2 HD and Eurosport News in the UK?
I have seen no news on EuroSport 2 HD launch in the UK any time soon.

I have also seen no news on Eurosport relaunching Eurosport News in the UK and time soon (Eurosport News was broadcasting on Virgin Channel 525 before Eurosport launch Eurosport 2 in the UK).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 02-02-2012, 12:50   #940
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

''Media Boy is reporting''
What on earth is Premier Sports doing, Boxnation were not this fussy!

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I have seen no news on EuroSport 2 HD launch in the UK any time soon.

I have also seen no news on Eurosport relaunching Eurosport News in the UK and time soon (Eurosport News was broadcasting on Virgin Channel 525 before Eurosport launch Eurosport 2 in the UK).
Thanks for telling me!

If they do, let hope VM get them!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:55   #941
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/201...alks-with.html

(Adding link to full story).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 02-02-2012, 13:45   #942
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:

Theres a shock!

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

original source??

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/b...037336.article
Old 02-02-2012, 13:54   #943
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Looks like Premier Sports have blown it. I'll tell you why Premier Sports don't want to be a premium subscription channel on Virgin; they know subscription numbers will be poor. They were probably banking on getting into the XL package to subsidize the poor uptake on SKY and their future business plans. I doubt Premier Sports will be around for too much longer unless they can strike a deal with BT Vision etc…
Old 02-02-2012, 14:02   #944
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Looks like Premier Sports have blown it. I'll tell you why Premier Sports don't want to be a premium subscription channel on Virgin; they know subscription numbers will be poor. They were probably banking on getting into the XL package to subsidize the poor uptake on SKY and their future business plans. I doubt Premier Sports will be around for too much longer unless they can strike a deal with BT Vision etc…
I think you may be right.
Old 02-02-2012, 14:03   #945
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Lets hope they do what Boxnation did!

Otherwise, lets hope ESPN will take it over to form ESPN2 and ESPN3
Closed Thread