Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus

Old 19-12-2021, 16:25   #901
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

I wear a mask mainly because my husband has small cell lung cancer. He’s currently free from it but there’s a chance it can recur. I am protecting him and I intend carrying on wearing a mask for some considerable time. As he’s had to self isolate for some length of time in the last 18/20 months I intend making sure that he’s still safe from me hopefully infecting him.
Old 19-12-2021, 16:57   #902
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Omicron case figures 37,101, compared to 24,968 yesterday. Hospitalisations 104, compared to 85 yesterday. Deaths 12, compared to 7 yesterday.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2021, 17:18   #903
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
BREAKING: The Crunch meeting where ministers will decide whether to implement new restrictions will begin at 5pm - but Boris Johnson won’t be in attendance and neither will Rishi Sunak for reasons that are currently unclear. Source: Politics for All.

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/s...98717274505218
Intriguingly, that Tweet no longer exists.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2021, 18:09   #904
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Smoking and drinking excessively, mostly only harms themselves. When they go round to see dear old gran on Xmas day, after an Xmas eve session, they might not be bringing a very nice gift for her...

Same goes for the idiot anti vaxers who get their scientific info from facetwatter, and try and force others to 'think' like they do. If it was all part of natural selection then fair enough, but it affects others, overwhelms the NHS and stops other getting vital treatment.
It's nice that you have found a group of people to hate, keep us informed when you work out a final solution.
Old 19-12-2021, 19:12   #905
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

That escalated quickly…

Mr K - "I think people who are anti-vax are selfish, and their actions can have negative effects on others"

Papa Smurf - "You’re just like Hitler"
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2021, 20:25   #906
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That escalated quickly…

Mr K - "I think people who are anti-vax are selfish, and their actions can have negative effects on others"

Papa Smurf - "You’re just like Hitler"
Must be the moustache.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2021, 22:49   #907
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

BREAKING: Boris Johnson is this evening considering 3 options:

• Families will be asked to limit indoor contacts, without legal enforcement
  • Mandate curbs on household mixing, the return of social distancing and an 8pm curfew on pubs and restaurants
  • LOCKDOWN

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...ing-christmas/
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 00:12   #908
Blackshep
cf.addict

Blackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to all

Well our insurance company wanted all of our company staff tested for covid and the results are in 80% of us tested positive (I tested positive last Christmas as well keeping the tradition going) and despite this only one person has taken time off or even gone to see a gp. All our family members are alive and well (no dead granny's) and our social circles haven't been decimated I'm just shocked because according to some we should have left at least the odd victim behind us.

There is no need for the amount of fear mongering that is rampant and even now when they are saying the symptoms of omicron are the same as a cold there's no end to the fear. On the big tech are a bunch of gits front you can now lose your Twitter account if you state or repeat that vaccinated people can contract covid and spread it despite that being medically true, no doubt it will be called misinformation joining the reams of other things big tech decides we don't need to know and shouldn't be allowed to say.
Blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 00:15   #909
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That escalated quickly…
It does when when you, or someone else puts their own spin on it……………..

Quote:
You put Mr K in quotation marks but he never said that………it may have been his sentiment but don’t put it in quote marks.

Btw, top night tonight. Not a face mask in sight. You should complain to the Piece Hall, Halifax, if you’re upset about it
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 09B0C2A0-ABDA-4957-B6E3-328AF9C868DA.jpeg (668.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpeg 336548BA-298A-4C88-B190-F9AAAD466318.jpeg (357.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 20-12-2021, 09:33   #910
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Spin?

I’m not the one who said "final solution"…

Google "final solution", and this is what you get…

Pleased for you that you had a good night out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 947A9988-8F65-47F9-A1FF-D143D9E3591F.jpeg (70.8 KB, 76 views)
Old 20-12-2021, 09:57   #911
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Spin?

I’m not the one who said "final solution"…

Google "final solution", and this is what you get…

Pleased for you that you had a good night out.
But you're the one who misquoted everything
Old 20-12-2021, 10:07   #912
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

From Channel 4 News, a great clip from Chris Whitty tackling the question if we are prioritising Covid over treating other conditions like cancer. Short answer no, that's an inversion of reality. Watch the video here.

Quote:
Dean Russell, MP: One of the other comments that I've heard is that people are concerned we're prioritising Covid over other things especially with the Omicron variant. You know, Covid over cancer, Covid over other serious issues. What would you say to that?

Professor Chris Whitty: Yeah, I think this is sometimes said by people who have no understanding of health at all, but I don't think it's said by anyone's who's serious, if I'm honest. And when they say that, it's usually because they want to make a political point.

The reality is if you ask any doctor, working in any part of the system, they will say this: that what is threatening our ability to do cancer, what is threatening our ability to do all of these things, is the fact that so much of the NHS effort, so many of the beds, are having to be put over to Covid, and that we're having to work in a less efficient way because Covid is there.

Finding a way to manage Covid in a way that it minimises the impact on everything else is absolutely central to what we're trying to do. And you know, in a sense, I completely agree there are multiple other things in addition to Covid. But if we don't crack Covid at the points when we've got big waves as we have now, we do huge damage elsewhere.

And the idea that lockdowns cause the problem with things like cancer is a complete inversion of reality. If we had not had the lockdowns, the whole system would have been in deep, deep trouble and the impact on things like heart attacks and strokes and all the other things people must still come forward for when they had them would have been worse than it was.

So I do want to through all of you to make absolutely clear that it's an inversion of reality.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1471450662630309893

Last edited by 1andrew1; 20-12-2021 at 11:06.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 11:21   #913
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Anti- vaxers are block-booking appointments at mass vaccination centres, it has emerged, in an apparent attempt to prevent others receiving the life-saving jab.

The tactic has reportedly been used before at other sites, but it is understood some slots were booked out at Wembley Stadium on Sunday.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-getting-life/

I'm genuinely confused about what motivates these morons.

Probably religious nutters who are bored have nothing better to do than bully others to thinking their way. Must get a power kick out of it. They're well practiced.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 11:28   #914
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
But you're the one who misquoted everything
So, what did you mean by "a final solution"?
Old 20-12-2021, 11:53   #915
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Fwiw I'm happy with Hugh's interpretation of the conversation, for my bit of it anyway !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote