Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | World Cup 2006 Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

World Cup 2006 Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 15:17   #76
homealone

Re: World Cup 2006 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Here's a nice wallplanner for you to download.

thanks Neil - just printed that out for one of my colleagues - she says 'thanks' , too
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2006, 15:27   #77
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
thanks Neil - just printed that out for one of my colleagues - she says 'thanks' , too
No worries.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 16:11   #78
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

I've just seen the German team to play Costa Rica.

Now, I don't watch a lot of German football, and I know Ballack isn't playing, but I only know 3 of the starting eleven.

Can anyone enlighten me lol.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 16:16   #79
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

The Germans are crap.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 16:18   #80
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic
I've just seen the German team to play Costa Rica. Now, I don't watch a lot of German football, and I know Ballack isn't playing, but I only know 3 of the starting eleven. Can anyone enlighten me lol.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...06/4852498.stm

Any help there?
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 16:18   #81
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

So much for me racing home and catching the match

Quote:
There are a number of security alerts across Belfast.
Army technical officers are examining a suspicious object at Clifton Street which has been closed.

Meanwhile, nothing has been found during alerts at the Castlecourt Shopping Centre, High Park Centre and Broadway.

There is also an alert at York Road and traffic is being diverted on to the M2. There are currently tailbacks on Dunbar link, York street, and Milltown Road.
Old 09-06-2006, 16:19   #82
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I got emailed an interesting Excel spreadsheet for keeping track. It needs macro security set to medium to run (but give you instructions on how to do this). I thought you guys might find it interesting..

I have checked it for viruses, but scan it yourself before executing it.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 16:24   #83
pedantic
Inactive

pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
The Germans are crap.
Remains to be seen lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii
Not really, was hoping someone knew anything about the players, I already know the squad. Thanks though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C
I got emailed an interesting Excel spreadsheet for keeping track. It needs macro security set to medium to run (but give you instructions on how to do this). I thought you guys might find it interesting..

I have checked it for viruses, but scan it yourself before executing it.
Thanks for that Stuart, although I don't have the necessary program to run it (yet ) will look into it later.
Old 09-06-2006, 16:32   #84
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
Remains to be seen lol
True, they were pretty bad in Japanorea and they got to the final.

They leak goals though.

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Quote:
Not really, was hoping someone knew anything about the players, I already know the squad. Thanks though
I assume you know Lehmann, Schweinsteiger, Frings and Klose?
Old 09-06-2006, 16:38   #85
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:
I assume you know Lehmann, Schweinsteiger, Frings and Klose?
Lehmann, frings, and klose...yes

Schweinsteiger.........I know the name.........remind me lol
Old 09-06-2006, 16:40   #86
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
Lehmann, frings, and klose...yes

Schweinsteiger.........I know the name.........remind me lol
Plays for Bayern Munich, midfielder, pretty young, about 22 or 23
Old 09-06-2006, 16:43   #87
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:
Plays for Bayern Munich, midfielder, pretty young, about 22 or 23
Ah right thanks.

I would have said playing for Bayern, he must be a talent, but the German league is not as strong as years gone by.
Old 09-06-2006, 16:46   #88
gazzae
Inactive

He's been called the next Stefan Effenberg.
Hopefully that won't mean he'll get kicked out of the world cup for giving the opposing fans the finger.
Old 09-06-2006, 16:50   #89
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:
He's been called the next Stefan Effenberg.
Hopefully that won't mean he'll get kicked out of the world cup for giving the opposing fans the finger.
I had to re-read that then, thought you said Stefan Edberg for a minute

Not only was Edberg a tennis player, but is Swedish too.

Let's see how good these Germans are then.
Old 09-06-2006, 17:19   #90
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I had to re-read that then, thought you said Stefan Edberg for a minute Not only was Edberg a tennis player, but is Swedish too. Let's see how good these Germans are then.
Streaming over the BBC now

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

Germany 1 - Costa Rica - 1
Lahm 6 12 Wanchope

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

Germany 2 - Costa Rica - 1
Lahm 6 12 Wanchope
Klose 17

GOAL!
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote