Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season
Closed Thread

Old 25-05-2005, 23:14   #76
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
I wonder how many Liverpudlians will actually make it into work tomorrow
I'm expecting a quiet train ride tomorrow morning

The fireworks have started...
Old 25-05-2005, 23:15   #77
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

if your a man utd fan here (many are) then watch the ITV news now after the break malcom glazer gets cornered and refuses to answer questions about man utd and grins like an idiot
Old 25-05-2005, 23:18   #78
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
malcom glazer gets cornered and refuses to answer questions about man utd and grins like an idiot
Well, he is American...
Old 25-05-2005, 23:19   #79
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
if your a man utd fan here (many are) then watch the ITV news now after the break malcom glazer gets cornered and refuses to answer questions about man utd and grins like an idiot
He looks like a complete buffoon with a idiotic smile on his chops, talk about the lights on but no-one at home. Whats up Malc, cat got your tongue ??
Old 25-05-2005, 23:24   #80
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
He looks like a complete buffoon with a idiotic smile on his chops, talk about the lights on but no-one at home. Whats up Malc, cat got your tongue ??
yep, i agree his sons seem jerks too to use a phrase common phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf
Well, he is American...
lets not hate on countries....just the people who run them
Old 25-05-2005, 23:27   #81
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Well didn't take me long but I'm sick of "you'll never walk alone" already
Old 25-05-2005, 23:29   #82
kronas
Inactive

im happy for them congrats (yes im a man utd fan)
Old 25-05-2005, 23:30   #83
Roy MM
Inactive

Services: NTL cable 20mb Broadband, V+ package.
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Roy MM

Now if the "Pool" had lost on pens, i wonder how many would have been in here having a whinge?
Old 25-05-2005, 23:35   #84
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T
It's daft that the holders don't get a bye into the next tournament like they do in the World Cup. But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for UEFA to do something as sensible as to change the rules in this case.
As far as I am aware the hosts get a bye, the holders of the World Cup do not.
Old 25-05-2005, 23:40   #85
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
As far as I am aware the hosts get a bye, the holders of the World Cup do not.
I think the hosts and holders get a bye.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 26-05-2005, 00:03   #86
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
I think the hosts and holders get a bye.
To be honest I am not sure, but a few days ago I read an article in the Telegraph on the very subject of Liverpool's possible entry as holders and someone from UEFA said that he could see no reason why they should, as even the World Cup holders do not get automatic entry into the next competition.

Clarification needed I think.
Old 26-05-2005, 00:40   #87
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Up to and including the world cup in 2002 the host country and holders have automatically qualified. This time, it has changed, don't ask me why, to only the hosts automatically qualifying.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/releas...formats_en.pdf
Old 26-05-2005, 00:52   #88
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi

Liverpool!!! Liverpool!!! What a team!! and what a game!!!! and What a WIN!!!!!!!!
Old 26-05-2005, 00:52   #89
danielf
cf.mega poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble
Up to and including the world cup in 2002 the host country and holders have automatically qualified. This time, it has changed, don't ask me why, to only the hosts automatically qualifying.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/releas...formats_en.pdf
Looking at that document, I just wondered if joint organisation might play a role. In 2002 Japan/Korea organised, and with France being the holder, only 29 teams actually played to qualify. Perhaps they figured having a potential 3 out of 32 qualify automatically was pushing it a little?
Old 26-05-2005, 01:07   #90
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf
Looking at that document, I just wondered if joint organisation might play a role. In 2002 Japan/Korea organised, and with France being the holder, only 29 teams actually played to qualify. Perhaps they figured having a potential 3 out of 32 qualify automatically was pushing it a little?
Possibly.

35 hours and I fly out to Chicago to watch England in their US tour games. Driving from Chicago to New York for the second game v Columbia! Should be a laugh. Will still be on a high from tonight's win too.
Closed Thread