Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football : Season 2009/2010

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football : Season 2009/2010

Old 25-10-2009, 17:06   #781
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch
Re: Football : Season 2009/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Oh and I can't help but raise a smile at the scouse fans online who are saying they think this win will be the turning point for liverpool which will see them go on to win the league
Can't say I'd agree with that, we've had some woeful performances recently. I'd rather build on what we've done today.
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-10-2009, 17:09   #782
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

We're 2-0 up against West Ham at HT, good times!
SB_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 17:16   #783
kingbuxton
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV/Tinternet/Phone (Home)
kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I'd rather build on what we've done today.
From a sensible perspective, what did you think of your team? I thought you looked rubbish. Lots of running and closing down, but I expect that from FA Cup v Lower Div teams, not from Pool. If the Ref had given us a break on a few tackles, given us a chance to get some momentum, you looked really vulnerable. The back four had no idea what to do when we attacked. Midfield looks really weak without StevieG. I think you will loose a lot of games this season.
kingbuxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 17:26   #784
superbiatch
Inactive

superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuxton View Post
From a sensible perspective, what did you think of your team? I thought you looked rubbish. Lots of running and closing down, but I expect that from FA Cup v Lower Div teams, not from Pool. If the Ref had given us a break on a few tackles, given us a chance to get some momentum, you looked really vulnerable. The back four had no idea what to do when we attacked. Midfield looks really weak without StevieG. I think you will loose a lot of games this season.
I think we were watching two different games, but i'd expect that from rival fans as its hard to be impartial when its your own team. I think Benayoun was looking good and is certainly a chance-maker, Lucas (suprisingly) good at times but we're still nowhere near our best. I think Kuyt is having a bit of a bad time atm and Insua wasn't his best but its something to work with now.

I also think the ref missed a few key decisions for us and had the tables been turned I'd probably feel hard done by.

But enough about us eh.....
Old 25-10-2009, 17:26   #785
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

So with Tottenham losing to Stoke and Man City drawing with Fulham, the chant "top 4 you're havin' a laugh" comes to mind \o/
SB_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 17:37   #786
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
And if SAF still believes United are contenders with this shower of **** performance then maybe it's time the board needs to consider his position. A team like Liverpool we should have had stitched up up half time, with or without a scouse ref.

Your post-match comments never fail to amuse me Russ.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 17:46   #787
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Thanks?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 18:02   #788
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The league is not decided by big, showcase, games. It's decided by week-in, and week-out consistency and ability to last the entire reason. If the league consisted of the top 4 last season then United came third! Liverpool topping it.

The ability to get results from all the other teams consistently is what won it for United and Liverpool's inability is what lost them it. This season Liverpool look even worse, so one great result is meaningless if they can't put away the 'easier' games.

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

Arsenal really need to cut this defence rubbish out.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 18:44   #789
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

LMFAO @ Arsenal's inability to hold a lead against the Hammers!!!!
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 19:57   #790
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Machine View Post
LMFAO @ Arsenal's inability to hold a lead against the Hammers!!!!
To be fair they can't hold a lead against anyone. Absolute pathetic. They just switch off, then wake up and panic like hell.

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

Seriously. Screw the keepers. Just sign two enormously fat defenders and place them on the goal line.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 21:17   #791
kingbuxton
Inactive

kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
And if SAF still believes United are contenders with this shower of **** performance then maybe it's time the board needs to consider his position.
Do you not think we are a far better team this season? I do. Better to watch. And still dangerous. We got bummed today, that is all, it was a disgrace, I am more confident of winning the Prem than I was for the last two.
Old 25-10-2009, 21:29   #792
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuxton View Post
Do you not think we are a far better team this season? I do. Better to watch. And still dangerous. We got bummed today, that is all, it was a disgrace, I am more confident of winning the Prem than I was for the last two.
We must be watching different teams then. Plenty of commentators and sports writers have mentioned how United have lost a certain something since Ronnie left. We've been winning of course but you know those games we have where we don't play like champions and manage to squeak a victory? Seems like we've had more than our usual amount so far.

I know we don't normally hit our stride until around Christmas but what I've seen so far worries me. It's like we're relying on veterans like Scholes and Giggs to get us out of trouble far too much. You know my feeling about donkey, Owen hasn't proben himself yet and Rooney...ok he's Rooney but I'm not happy about leaving it all to him.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 22:26   #793
kingbuxton
Inactive

Quote:
you know those games we have where we don't play like champions and manage to squeak a victory?
I do. But we relied on Ronny way too much in those, to blast past five and grab a winner. This is just me, I supported UTD cos we where great to watch. Could have done what everyone else did, support Liverpool, I didn't. We are better to watch this season than the last two. We are deffo short of another top player in Midfield, a Ronaldo or a Rooney, but we are still OK.

I wont harp on about today, it was a joke, and that is that. Berbatov, and i know what you are saying ((£30Mill n Goals) but the guy has been outstanding this season, and tbh Liverpool had no idea what to do with him, yeah they did, foul and get away with it.

We can't win it every year, four on the trot will be incredible. We will have over £150Mill to spend come the end of this season. It's Chelsea n UTD this season, we wont get screwed again this season, not like that anyway. I am really confident we will do it.

We wont do ECL though, we aren't creative enough, we need another Berbatov or Rooney in Midfield, a genius.

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Or Magnus Eikrem is going to finally be that kid that comes from the reserves and saves us a fortune, cos if he isn't the real deal I give up.
Old 26-10-2009, 13:26   #794
superbiatch
Inactive

Graham Poll on Fergie's comments yesterday http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo....html?ITO=1490
Old 26-10-2009, 19:32   #795
kingbuxton
Inactive

Quote:
Carragher’s challenge on Michael Carrick was good. His momentum took him through the midfielder, but he came in from the side and got the ball.
He basically missed the ball, went over the top of it and took Carrick out. Giggs was barged off the ball as he tried to head it. He got them both wrong. But then I would expect a Ref to stick up for a Ref.