Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football : Season 08/09

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football : Season 08/09
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:21   #751
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Football : Season 08/09

I know I can be pretty immature sometimes but surely it's not only me who can't help but quietly snigger (in the style of Beavis and Butthead) when reading the name 'Arshavin'??

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2009, 09:22   #752
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
I know I can be pretty immature sometimes but surely it's not only me who can't help but quietly snigger (in the style of Beavis and Butthead) when reading the name 'Arshavin'??
Good job they didn't sign his mate 'Bummphluff', innit
Old 04-02-2009, 13:18   #753
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

So, Nottingham Forest or Derby County tonight? I'm rooting for Forest, cos it means I don't have to seek out tickets to Derby for the 5th round match against United!
Old 04-02-2009, 13:52   #754
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Old 04-02-2009, 14:55   #755
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Its really srange Nugget, in the transfer window, you expect clubs to buy ' new ' players, but Spurs bought players, that they sold in the last window, the only player that was new was Palascios. very strange. I was waiting for a certain last minute deal for Berba, but Harry's phone was engaged.
Old 04-02-2009, 18:01   #756
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

John Terry outed as a crossdresser! Sensational pictures inside!!11!oneoneone!1!

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/..._trasnssexual/

Old 04-02-2009, 18:02   #757
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Dear me that's frighteningly like him!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 04-02-2009, 18:17   #758
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Here we go again, one law for one, and one law for another, I am talking about the Lampard red card, if that was anyone else, it would have stayed. And the other one was Boswinga, who got away with that nasty foul.

What is the point of having officials at the top four clubs, if they are going to get away with the cards that are handed out.
Old 04-02-2009, 18:23   #759
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Here we go again, one law for one, and one law for another, I am talking about the Lampard red card, if that was anyone else, it would have stayed. And the other one was Boswinga, who got away with that nasty foul.

What is the point of having officials at the top four clubs, if they are going to get away with the cards that are handed out.
To be fair, Lampards' sending off was a ludicrous decision in the first place. Bosingwa, on the other hand, should have got the book thrown at him.
Old 04-02-2009, 19:54   #760
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

If the red card was recinded, at least he should have had a yellow, as the intent was there, All officials must have that judgement, that if they deem the offence to be red or yellow, then that is where it stands.

I am a reasonable guy, and even though l support Tottenham, is if a player gets booked, then that is it, it is the Referee decision, and that is final,

What we have to look at here is the broader picture, any other club player, and it would stay, it is just not right.
Old 04-02-2009, 21:15   #761
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

it's these stupid rules the FA have. Apparently the linesman saw it and didn't flag, no idea why that is, and so as it was seen at the time they can't do anything extra as the ref mentioned it in his report and said it was seen by the linesman.

Personally I think that law should go and if post match the FA can clearly see a mistake has been made they should be able to issue a card and \ or a ban
Old 04-02-2009, 22:51   #762
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

118 minutes of rubbish then ITV pretty much miss the goal.
Old 04-02-2009, 22:53   #763
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Now you really are taking the p***.

Firepower, take away Gerrard and a fit Torres and whats left, sweet FA.

Well, my earlier assessment of the Scousers awesome firepower seemed to upset the odd Liverpool supporter,

Everton 1-Liverpool 0, cased proved m'lord.

Toothless would be an apt description.

I don't know what you were watching Gazzae, I saw the whole of the build up and the goal perfectly.

Jim.
Old 04-02-2009, 22:56   #764
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Never mind Scouseland, there's always the Grand National....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 05-02-2009, 00:15   #765
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
118 minutes of rubbish then ITV pretty much miss the goal.
yep I got the same thing as you, they went to an add break with 5 mins still to go and then you just knew when they came back I was going to miss a goal.

Also ended up with 4:3 ratio at the end too
Closed Thread