Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The UFC thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The UFC thread.

Old 19-11-2008, 10:34   #61
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: The UFC thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
As for the hammer fisting I have seen fighter recover
40 of them. From a monster like Brock?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2008, 10:40   #62
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Towards the end he started to use his elbow into the face
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 10:48   #63
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

What about the wight thing? I can see that show man from WWF in the the UFC next.
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 10:54   #64
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Towards the end he started to use his elbow into the face
If that's the strike I'm thinking of, Randy moved his head down a bit and that caused Brock's elbow to come in to contact with it.

As for Paul Wight, he wouldn't last 60 seconds. He's slow and if you watch him in the ring he's always blown up within 2 minutes.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-11-2008, 11:15   #65
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
Yes you won the bet!! I will make a donation to a charity.

When its heavy weight fights is there no limit to your weight?

As for the hammer fisting I have seen fighter recover hence the reason the reff did not stop it.
So will I

IIRC no limits to weight at heavyweight - which can make it rather difficult for the smaller guys. It's the same in boxing - just compare Mike Tyson with some of the giants like George Foreman at his peak. That puts into persective how good Tyson was at his best though.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 14:37   #66
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
So will I

IIRC no limits to weight at heavyweight - which can make it rather difficult for the smaller guys. It's the same in boxing - just compare Mike Tyson with some of the giants like George Foreman at his peak. That puts into persective how good Tyson was at his best though.
No way never knew that. Big advantage being heaver and can see Broc holding onto that belt for sometime.
Old 24-11-2008, 14:42   #67
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Thing with Brock is he's cocky. That's not neccessarily a bad thing as long as he can control it. I agree he'll have those spade-like hands on the belt for a long time but he doesn't want to get careless.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 24-11-2008, 14:54   #68
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Lesnar still has a way to go to improve his technique. He's not the lumbering giant he was when he lost to Mir, but I still think he is too vunerable to dominate. He's got power and aggression, but needs fine tuning.
Old 24-11-2008, 14:55   #69
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

The thing with sports like this is that one careless slip can mean it's goodnight Vienna so Lesnar will have to be careful not to lose concentration especially in fights in which he's the clear favourite.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 21:25   #70
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Another former WWE champion, Bobby Lashley makes his UFC debut - and he's massive too. Shame it's over so quickly.. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4xkkNj-yoDc

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-12-2008, 22:23   #71
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Another former WWE champion, Bobby Lashley makes his UFC debut - and he's massive too. Shame it's over so quickly.. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4xkkNj-yoDc
Not to be pedantic but that's the American Fight League, not UFC. Nice win though.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 14:07   #72
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Will be a good one this weekend.

Forrest Griffin Vs. Rashad Evans = Evans win I think

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Vs. Frank Mir = Mir with easy win I’m sure.

Wanderlei Silva Vs. Quinton Jackson = Be a very close fight and cannot pick.

Looking forward to this one as much as I want griffin to win I don’t think he will.
Old 22-12-2008, 14:40   #73
punky
Inactive

Quote:
Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans
Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir
Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva
C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio
Cheick Kongo vs. Mustafa Al Turk
I've underlined who I think will win.

Griffin: A lot tougher than he looks Who thought he'd beat Jackson? He dealt with him very well, no reason he can't do the same with Evans.

Mir: Tough, and very good all rounder. So is Noguiera, but I think Mir is the younger upstart with a good record.

Silva: Tough one to call, but I think Silva's BJJ will out match Jackson's boxing.

Dollaway: The guy is just an animal. I've never seen anyone tear people apart with such controlled aggression.

Kongo: Don't really know about this one, but the guy who is coached by Bisping which is good enough for me.
Old 22-12-2008, 14:42   #74
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
I've underlined who I think will win.

Griffin: A lot tougher than he looks Who thought he'd beat Jackson? He dealt with him very well, no reason he can't do the same with Evans.

Mir: Tough, and very good all rounder. So is Noguiera, but I think Mir is the younger upstart with a good record.

Silva: Tough one to call, but I think Silva's BJJ will out match Jackson's boxing.

Dollaway: The guy is just an animal. I've never seen anyone tear people apart with such controlled aggression.
The best thing about the UFC is that its so unpredictable, unlike boxing.

As for the Griffin I cannot see him beating Evans. Did you see his last knockout? Wow that guy has power.

I'm sure his last fight was Liddell?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0AAyiYt9m70
Old 22-12-2008, 14:58   #75
punky
Inactive

I did see it. Power is nothing without precision. I don't think Griffin will get dropped that easy.