Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (Starz)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (Starz)

Old 14-07-2011, 23:26   #61
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (Starz)

Well we know it involves some enemy of Jack from the past but I wonder if we have seen this enemy before or will we see flashbacks.

Lets face it now if this is not a one off series this will eventually go completely American whether we like it or not and the chances of the American producers keeping Eve Myles on would be slim at best because they would without a doubt go for a completely American cast and start a whole new Torchwood hub based in the United States.

After watching that Preview thing on the end of the BBC airing.. It completely looked like your Typical '24' or 'FlashForward'
Old 15-07-2011, 00:32   #62
watzizname
Inactive

Services: XL 60/3
watzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
In the way you just Americanised the word 'americanised'?
Hey er.. That's right, to emphasise just how Americanized everything is becoming, including David Bartlett's British English dictionary spell checking add-on for Firefox.. It only pulled me up about capitalisation?

The whole point of installing the damned thing, was so I wouldn't have to suffer re-reading all the nonsense I just typed..

---------- Post added at 00:32 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Well we know it involves some enemy of Jack from the past but I wonder if we have seen this enemy before or will we see flashbacks.

Lets face it now if this is not a one off series this will eventually go completely American whether we like it or not and the chances of the American producers keeping Eve Myles on would be slim at best because they would without a doubt go for a completely American cast and start a whole new Torchwood hub based in the United States.

After watching that Preview thing on the end of the BBC airing.. It completely looked like your Typical '24' or 'FlashForward'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell T Davies
"I would never do a Torchwood that didn't have any links to Wales," the writer told the BBC News website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell T Davies
"It starts in Wales, they go on the run across the United States, but they come back to Wales. I don't want people to think we've abandoned the homeland."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13843891

Of course, he is living over there now, so might try to get around it by hiring some Welsh Americans
watzizname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 00:39   #63
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzizname View Post
Hey er.. That's right, to emphasise just how Americanized everything is becoming, including David Bartlett's British English dictionary spell checking add-on for Firefox.. It only pulled me up about capitalisation?

The whole point of installing the damned thing, was so I wouldn't have to suffer re-reading all the nonsense I just typed..

---------- Post added at 00:32 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13843891

Of course, he is living over there now, so might try to get around it by hiring some Welsh Americans

I would rather the Americans have their own version or Torchwood whilst having the Original one back over in Wales but for Season finale's you could cross the two
Old 17-07-2011, 12:54   #64
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

I thought this second ep was S L O W. They really dragged it out.
And it almost seemed like two shows - one Torchwoodesque (albeit with a ridiculous & bonkers, way over the top Gwen, especially on the plane - cheese or what..) and the other a boring, generic American drama.
I'm a big Torchwood fan and not prepared to give up on it yet, but aside from the last 5 mins after they got off the plane, the rest of it was very meh.
The UK Torchwood & Torchwood team were brilliant. This just seems like a poor spin-off.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzizname View Post
Hey er.. That's right, to emphasise just how Americanized everything is becoming, including David Bartlett's British English dictionary spell checking add-on for Firefox.. It only pulled me up about capitalisation? The whole point of installing the damned thing, was so I wouldn't have to suffer re-reading all the nonsense I just typed..
I find right clicking on a word you know is right and 'adding to dictionary' does the trick.
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 14:29   #65
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Pros: So far I am enjoying this Torchwood series more than any of the previous.

Cons: Too many references to 'Gay' and 'Welsh'.

Doesn't everyone know Jack's gay and Gwen's Welsh already?

I've nothing against Gays or the Welsh but just wish they would quit shoving it in my face so much and just get on with the TV show.

Hmmm...My late wife was Welsh and she could never stop going on about it. Maybe a National trait?
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 15:15   #66
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The only "Welsh" reference I can think of this week was where the Dollhouse woman said "You're the best that England has to offer?" and Gwen responded with "I'm Welsh! <THUMP>".

As for gay references...Jack happened to mention a past boyfriend, while there was the running thing regarding the air steward. Past Torchwoods have contained far more than that.

---

I'm enjoying Miracle Day, but I still think that Children of Earth was far superior. Still, there's eight episodes left, so plenty of time for it to get better.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 00:19   #67
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Im enjoying it so far.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 08:12   #68
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I think with the American influence it could have been a lot worse.. I'm though actually enjoying it
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 12:46   #69
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

It seems OK so far. The storyline has been set and the new characters introduced so far seem fine. How well the "Americanization" sits with me remains to be seen but I was left wanting to see what happens so I guess I must have enjoyed the first episode.
Old 18-07-2011, 13:39   #70
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
The only "Welsh" reference I can think of this week was where the Dollhouse woman said "You're the best that England has to offer?" and Gwen responded with "I'm Welsh! <THUMP>".

As for gay references...Jack happened to mention a past boyfriend, while there was the running thing regarding the air steward. Past Torchwoods have contained far more than that.

---

I'm enjoying Miracle Day, but I still think that Children of Earth was far superior. Still, there's eight episodes left, so plenty of time for it to get better.
I'm confused, have I missed an episode; the first one was only last week.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 13:41   #71
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

You're in the US Timeline thread.
Old 18-07-2011, 14:01   #72
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Oops!

Is there a UK timeline thread?
Old 18-07-2011, 14:14   #73
Blackened
Inactive

Indeedy.
Old 18-07-2011, 14:23   #74
Flyboy
Inactive

Thanks.
Old 31-07-2011, 21:08   #75
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Watched all the episodes for far and noticed

Episode 3 was edited a lot for the UK viewing

Notably the Mature audience scenes (Sexual Content)

But it seems like your average American show to be honest.

Starts slow... Teases the name of the baddies... Reveals the bad dudes then ends all happily.

Not saying I'm not enjoying it though Although it did look for a second in episode 4 that they were about to give away the cause and that would have been naff! so early in the show